Mikerphone Releases and Updates (2018)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by HartsyThaiFood, Sep 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaycase

Jaycase Grand Pooh-Bah (3,554) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Well, you'll certainly share it with them then, right? :wink:

2. Gambyt20

Gambyt20 Pooh-Bah (2,016) Jan 14, 2016 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Man this smells like juice! Definitely my favorite of the SS batches. Must be that citra!

3. Jae61

Jae61 Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2015 Arizona

Took an early lunch at work to show up at Binny's Downers Grove at 11:50am and they told me they'd gotten one case that morning and it was long gone. The Mikerphone buzz is fast and furious lately.

eppie82 likes this.
  4. SeanBond

SeanBond Pooh-Bah (2,880) Jul 30, 2013 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I think I actually prefer batch 1 to this (4). Citra is my favorite hop, but I felt like Mosaic went better with this style of IPA.

With that being said, another fantastic beer from Mike. My fave so far is probably the BA Innocent Criminal he made for Festibarrel in Roscoe Village, but the SS series is super close.

#304 SeanBond, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    ratwheels likes this.
  5. ratwheels

ratwheels Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2011 Illinois

100% agree. The Mosaic batch is still considerably better, to me - but this is damn good.

SeanBond likes this.
  6. Benm2c

Benm2c Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2009 Illinois

TOTALLY agree as well and was expecting to be all over this batch. Batch one was the nuts and the other batches are a notch below. Really good, but coming up juuuuussssst short.

SeanBond likes this.
  7. -TK421-

-TK421- Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2016 Florida

it is. i get places don't get much but this one flew.

8. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (1,110) May 5, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

Same experience here. Made me not even bother hitting Standard Market in Naperville when they Tweeted it. And it actually lasted a few hours there, dangnabbit!

Jae61 likes this.
  9. FlaviusG

FlaviusG Zealot (593) Aug 15, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

Special Sauce Batch #4 was very good, great smells. Best DIPA I've had in a while. Got me drunk too

Born_A_Jee likes this.
  10. croush

croush Pooh-Bah (2,371) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Sounds like Spacebar and Get Fresh Flow could hit tomorrow or Friday. Hopefully everyone is out of town early for the holiday and makes it easier to pick them up!

novamat likes this.
  11. FlaviusG

FlaviusG Zealot (593) Aug 15, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

Does anyone know how many bombers he is making for each release? or does it vary?

12. Jaycase

Jaycase Grand Pooh-Bah (3,554) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I believe they use 750 ml bottles but the short answer is "not enough" apparently. :wink:

13. SeanBond

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

It seems like Mike drops one or two cases off at each place he delivers to (maybe I'm wrong). He's listed said places on social media, so in theory you could do some loose math 1-2 cases x what, 12 to a case x # of locations...

So basically, what @Jaycase said.

14. SpyderMan14

SpyderMan14 Initiate (0) Jun 13, 2013 Illinois

Spacebar bottled this morning. I would imagine The Get Fresh Flow too. Hopefully hitting stores today...

Let's keep an eye out and post here when you see it on shelves.

15. FBarber

FBarber Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,161) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Judging from how he's handled it in the past - given that he is bottling both today - he'll possibly do a few deliveries this afternoon/evening (and will post the locations on Facebook) and then do the rest tomorrow (and will post the locations on Facebook).

16. croush

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This is what I was figuring. It's also one of the few reasons I wish I were on Facebook. I'm hoping since he's bottling two today that most of them will get delivered tomorrow, since I've got more flexibility in getting to different stores tomorrow. Solely from what I've seen/heard thus far (which isn't that much), I think I might prefer Spacebar.

On another note, it'd be kinda cool if he had somewhere that lists out what the references are for all of his beer names. I get a lot of them, but others I don't know what their connection is to certain songs.

17. FBarber

FBarber Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,161) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Its funny, I'm excited for Get-Fresh Flow. I'll try to remember to check the FB page and post the info here this afternoon (if he posts anything). And yea, Im hoping most of it drops tomorrow because Im in the same boat.

croush likes this.
  18. croush

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Much appreciated if you can pass on that FB info! Usually I notice one of the shops (Capone's or BT) will post on IG about getting it, and that basically lights a fire under my butt to start getting out and trying to get some.

FBarber likes this.
  19. sahd-1

sahd-1 Savant (1,155) Jul 2, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Anybody idling in Capone's lot yet?

20. SeanBond

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yeah, based mostly on color and hops, Get-Fresh is the one I'm most interested in. Special Sauce with Mosaic was great, and I really like Nelson Sauvin hops, so I feel like this'll be a fun beer.

FBarber likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.