2016 Witch's Hat Fury for a Feast

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by tommyz, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. landrewg

landrewg Zealot (590) Nov 11, 2008 Michigan
    Trader

@tommyz Is the price to get in the party still 5 bucks or $ plus cans?

2. Jerome1929

Jerome1929 Zealot (533) Sep 11, 2008 Michigan

No interest in bottles, but I can't wait for the party. This will be my third year and it's always a great time.

3. Ckoz

Ckoz Savant (1,130) Feb 15, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Are we seriously complaining about charity donations? If you want to donate to the hotel or workers of the hotel cut them a check of your own. Problem solved.

4. IntlDrainageCommission

IntlDrainageCommission Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2015 Australia

no complaining, just casual conversation discussing it.

5. biga7346

biga7346 Zealot (686) Jun 19, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

Although hypocritical considering how much beer i have in my basement right now, still love this.

6. biga7346

biga7346 Zealot (686) Jun 19, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

CaRtIn likes this.
  7. tommyz

tommyz Initiate (0) May 28, 2007 Michigan

I believe so..It says so in the flyer above...

8. landrewg

landrewg Zealot (590) Nov 11, 2008 Michigan
    Trader

No, it doesn't say the price, just that there is a fundraiser and canned food drive. We always do both but just wondering.
    Breweries have been bumping up the price of their anniversary parties lately so I don't want to be surprised.
    I like the way WH does it with the donations. Anniversary parties should be free admission IMHO.

9. tommyz

They do Charities..Always have...BTW, its not their Anniversary party...This party is about barrel aged beer and donating to Gleaners and Blessings in a Backpack.. I do not know What the charge will be...But in the past its been $5 or Free if you donate 5 canned goods (If memory serves me correctly)

landrewg likes this.
  10. ojgio

ojgio Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2014 Michigan

Well Water release was extremely easy for me and I work in Dearborn and live in Madison Heights. Stopped by about a week after tickets went on sale after work. Swung by Sunday after a camping weekend to pick up bottles and was out in 10 minutes. This method has been no-brainer awesomeness for me.

JasonR1975, tommyz and CaRtIn like this.
  11. tommyz

Just about a month out! Im pumped!!! Cant wait to get these beers into my pie hole after tasting them this weekend!!!

12. Lazhal

Lazhal Pooh-Bah (1,866) Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

What ended up being the bottle limit at the last release?

13. Orioles9

Orioles9 Initiate (0) Aug 21, 2015 Michigan

If the limits are modest like at well water I'll be stoked. It was only a 6pk per.
    Have tickets for this gone on sale yet? I was there yesterday and they weren't.

14. LambicPentameter

LambicPentameter Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Nebraska

They said on one of the flyers for this that tickets wouldn't go on sale until after the Michigan Brewer's Guild Festival, so yesterday is literally the first day it was even a possibility.

It's hard to compare bottle release numbers, because the Well Water release was for 12 oz bottles, and the last time they did the Night Fury variant bombers was a non-ticketed release that led to the creation of this new release system.

That said, the bottle limits for the last Night Fury release was 10 total bottles, with no more than 3 bottles per individual variant. It's more or less impossible to guess what the limits will be this time around, because it will obviously depend partly on production. But it sounds like it will also depend on how the ticket sales go. So the limit might be lower if they sell a ton of tickets.

Orioles9 likes this.
  15. tommyz

Until they bottle, they wont know what limits will be...Will obviously depend on the yield on the barrels...

16. Jmorey

Jmorey Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2015 Michigan

Just just to confirm, no proxies for pickup, after you have already obtained a bottle ticket?

17. LambicPentameter

LambicPentameter Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Nebraska

Correct. They will verify the ticket number with the member name/number that it was purchased with and check ID.

biga7346 and tommyz like this.
  18. PrestigeWorldwide

PrestigeWorldwide Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

I don't mind the idea of making the party and bottle release mutually exclusive. But what is the rationale for doing them on back to back days? Maybe to allow for out of state folks to stay overnight?

If you're going to make them separate then i say make them further apart. Not really feeling like making the trek to south lyon both days so now I may have to choose between party or bottles.

Jmorey likes this.
  19. Jmorey

Jmorey Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2015 Michigan

Plus the drive there to get tickets beforehand.*

*yes online sales were mentioned but when you emphasize "very" small that doesn't help much.

20. vette-ss

vette-ss Zealot (673) Nov 5, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

But hasn't the bottle release always been on a different day than the party....Fri/Sat vs Sat/Sun?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.