Lawson's SOS CT Lookout Thread

Discussion in 'New England' started by Lamnic, Apr 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mja271

mja271 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2016 Connecticut

Was pleasantly surprised to see this on tap at College St Music Hall for The Avett Brothers show

Lupin likes this.
  2. ShippinUpToBoston

ShippinUpToBoston Initiate (0) Jan 29, 2013 Massachusetts

I know it's a shot in the dark but are there any stores in the New Haven area that would have anything on a Saturday morning?

3. Wenzl

Wenzl Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

check wine thief on crown street

4. ShemRahBoo

ShemRahBoo Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2010 New Jersey

Going to see phish in Hartford on Saturday. Should be in the area all day, any suggestions for stores in the area to check out. Obviously would grab some sip, but even a place with some nebco cans (is captain's daughter something that can be found)

5. DirtyDawg10

DirtyDawg10 Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2016 Connecticut

Kay's Wine and Spirits in East Hartford always has a great selection.

ShemRahBoo likes this.
  6. LoganB

LoganB Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2016 Connecticut

We got a case of it at my work in Marlborough last night, so other shops in Hartford county should have some too.

7. ellis860

ellis860 Aspirant (291) Mar 28, 2011 Connecticut

West Hartford has a couple locations with a solid selection...Wise Old Dog, Harvest (two locations and one has good coffe/sandwiches). Depends on how much time you want to spend driving around the area.

8. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Pooh-Bah (2,017) Aug 18, 2012 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

Going to be at Mohegan Sun this weekend starting tmrw for a golf tournament. I usually stop at coastal wine in branford for nebco cans, are there any places near mohegan that I can check for SOS?

9. Lupin

Lupin Pundit (894) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Trader

Had a discussion with a manager there recently about improving the draft selections. It's definitely something they've heard from some of the clientele. Cool to see a nice quaff like that show up!

Unrelated: driving home from New Haven on Tuesday, saw a DiChello replacement driver almost run over a girl standing on the corner of college and South Frontage when he hopped the curb by two feet taking the left there to get onto the on-ramp.

10. mrz200

mrz200 Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2013 Massachusetts

CT Beverage Mart in Wallingford is a hell of a store and Berlin Spirits is one of those smaller out of the way stores that gets good stuff. Berlin keeps it in the back, you've gotta ask.

I don't know if Relic's Flaxen Foal IPA is still on the shelves, but that's a damn good IPA. Nebco's 668 Belgian Golden is a delicious brew.

ShemRahBoo likes this.
  11. NatetheMediocre

NatetheMediocre Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2015 Connecticut

Okay, so, I'm living in IL, but am staying with my folks, who live in the Hartford area-- my brother just got married, and I sort of gave him an I.O.U. for a gift. I'm going up to VT this week to pick up some Heady that friends set aside for me, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of/ can recommend anything else? SoS would obviously be optimal, but any other ridiculously-difficult-to-find-for-good-reason beer is more than welcome.
    New to the forums, unclear on etiquette, but cheers.

12. mrz200

mrz200 Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2013 Massachusetts

If you're just doing a beer run, the folks at the VT beer stores - including the random gas station stop - are pretty well versed in what's in stock that is most desirable.

As an aside..don't dismiss something that's easy to find just because it was easy. For example, I was up there a few weeks back and was of the opinion that Long Trail Green Blaze IPA was better than the Fiddlehead IPA (had them back to back on draft in Burlington).
    If this is your once in a long time trip to VT, Hill Farmstead is worth the stop and travel time, and it won't matter what they've got. The drive & brewery are lovely.

eaglephile likes this.
  13. ChrisV784

ChrisV784 Initiate (0) Jun 1, 2016 Massachusetts

2 can limit at Joe's in East Windsor. They had a few cases. Also have MBC Beer II and some Troeg's Nimble Giant.

14. louied825

louied825 Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2015 New York

Any new Fairfield Drops

15. Soloveitchik

Soloveitchik Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 New York

Hi all. I am going to finally be hitting up NEBCO for the first time on Friday (fingers crossed for Coriolis) and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to find SOS. We will be driving through CT on Friday first south from the mass border to New Haven on rt 8 then west from New Haven to the New York border on 34/84. I realize that this is a strange route but if anyone has leads on a bottle shop in these parts of the state it would be much appreciated - and I would definitely return the favor. BM me if necessary :slight_smile:

16. Soloveitchik

Soloveitchik Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 New York

Edit: We will actually be taking 91 south from Springfield, Mass to New Haven.

17. beast464

beast464 Pundit (860) Apr 6, 2008 Maryland
    Trader

It this around lately? Will be in New Haven and New London this weekend.

18. JBYRD64

JBYRD64 Crusader (461) Feb 10, 2010 Connecticut
    Trader

Anyone seen any Fairfield drops lately?

19. LoganB

LoganB Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2016 Connecticut

Hartford county got some on monday

20. KLad24

KLad24 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2016 Connecticut

Fairfield county dropped Monday from what I can tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.