2016 Michigan Brewer's Guild Summer Beer Festival

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by westlaunboy, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blutz

Blutz Devotee (378) Mar 25, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Good catch - I see those now. Guess I wasn't looking at the right breweries!

2. cgalatis1121

cgalatis1121 Initiate (0) Jul 8, 2016 Michigan

I have 1 ticket for Saturday.

3. cgalatis1121

I have one ticket available for Saturday.

4. cgalatis1121

I have one ticket available for Saturday. If you are interested send me an email at cgalatis1121@gmail.com Thank you! payment can be handled through PayPal!

5. PBR1966

PBR1966 Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2010 Michigan

1334 beers listed this year! I wonder if any other beer fest except the GABF in Denver are anywhere near this big?

6. PBR1966

PBR1966 Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2010 Michigan

I have an extra ticket for Saturday if anybody needs one. Email me at paulwells@outlook.com. Can do paypal or meet up in line.

7. Runninmixz

Runninmixz Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2012 Michigan

Cool will look for u

8. Runninmixz

Runninmixz Initiate (0) Sep 22, 2012 Michigan

U pouring Sat?

9. Cotton_27

Cotton_27 Maven (1,462) Feb 22, 2013 Michigan
    Trader

Seems like theres more double token beers then years before? Even seen a session IPA thats a 2 token lol

10. tommyz

tommyz Initiate (0) May 28, 2007 Michigan

Yep, for Witchs Hat...3-4

Runninmixz likes this.
  11. LambicPentameter

LambicPentameter Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Nebraska

Really bummed I'm going to end up missing this. Timing just turned out to be terrible for me Mrs. Lambic. Now how will I use my leftover tokens from last year!?

Have fun everyone!

12. FEUO

FEUO Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2012 Canada (ON)

Damn it. Knew I forgot something.

13. Jmorey

Jmorey Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2015 Michigan

Are they pretty strict about taking tokens? First time going and most fests are pretty lax about it.

14. Blutz

Blutz Devotee (378) Mar 25, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Each brewery is different. Some are very lax (especially as the day wears on) and not pay much any attention, while some will actually wait for you to give them your token before handing over your beer.

But generally in my experience, there have been more breweries that don't pay attention than do - that's why every year I leave with a handful of extra tokens. But this year seems to have a significant increase in the number of breweries requesting 2 tokens per sample, so I'm not sure how that may affect strictness.

15. the_aluminum_monster

the_aluminum_monster Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2015 Michigan

Any recommendations on specific beers or breweries to try?

I'm going tonight. Already plan on a few from Bell’s, Dark Horse, Odd Side, Short’s, and Witch’s Hat, but I was wondering about some of the smaller breweries. I prefer stouts and the wife likes sours, but I like all styles.

16. Cobudzin

Cobudzin Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2014 Michigan

I have one ticket for sale for Satruday. Anyone interested e-mail me at cobudzin@yahoo.com

17. Lazhal

Lazhal Pooh-Bah (1,866) Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I've had both sides of the coin over the last couple years. The best I can say is engage in a conversation, maybe even make em laugh and they will appreciate it. Many of them probably aren't getting paid. I even accidentally ran out of tokens at one point, and @tommyz was totally cool about it when I went digging through my pockets and came up empty at the WH tent. Thanks for the beer dude!

18. tommyz

tommyz Initiate (0) May 28, 2007 Michigan

LOL! Was not me yesterday..Im there Today pouring from 3-4.....With that said, please drop your tokens...MBG is starting to check and watch because of the MLCC...Is it strict, you are not getting your beer? Dont believe so, but if they ask, just drop it...I hope to see a bunch of you today..Ill be the guy with the beard pouring..Get there early if you want the BA Beers, a bunch will blow really early..

FEUO likes this.
  19. Lazhal

Lazhal Pooh-Bah (1,866) Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This was last year. I think at the fall fest.

tommyz likes this.
  20. Mattmc1973

Mattmc1973 Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2008 Michigan

Guy with a beard at a beer fest? That narrows it down! :wink:

tommyz and PapaGoose03 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.