What beer are you drinking now? #1378

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by rmank, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Maven (1,426) Sep 24, 2010 Nebraska
    Trader

[​IMG]
    ...cheers BAs! xoxo!!

2. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Grand High Pooh-Bah (8,213) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This 2013 is shah-tastic ... so getting greedy and goin' for the 2nd pour shot! @Greywulfken , @SomethingClever ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And speaking of 2nds, this is one of the best re-makes I've heard in a long time! 'Specially at the end, the mutual respect between the Zep boyz and the members of Heart is really cool.

3. chris826

chris826 Savant (1,093) Sep 24, 2014 Mississippi

4. JrGtr

JrGtr Pooh-Bah (1,689) Apr 13, 2006 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Nice. I'm having a Tiny I've had sitting around in my cellar for 3 or 4 years. It's a great beer fresh, this time has made it incredibly smooth. It's starting to have a hint of oxidation, so I should probably have more fairly soon - I have another 8 or 9 bottles down there from around the same time frame.

joe1510 and cjgiant like this.
  5. mnrider

mnrider Savant (1,123) May 26, 2009 Connecticut

New Belgium Citradelic Tangerine IPA

aoampm, larryi86, Sabtos and 5 others like this.
  6. butters_mcgee

butters_mcgee Pooh-Bah (1,783) Feb 26, 2014 New York
    Pooh-Bah

[​IMG]

do what @StoutElk_92 said

click the image icon, then paste the link and post

7. Jideker1

Jideker1 Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2016 Missouri

[​IMG]

Perennial Artisan Ales Hopfentea

Sabtos, brewskis, TongoRad and 5 others like this.
  8. larryi86

larryi86 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,106) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Hit up a second brewery today, went to Victory in Kennett Square. Enjoyed a flight with a Rhubarb Gose, Limey Gose, Dry-Hopped Brett Pilsner, Unity Kölsch, and Sour Monkey. Pilsner was a miss for me, but the rest were good. Followed it with another pint of the Kölsch, cheers!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Capsfan90

Capsfan90 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2015 Maryland

Helmet kicked ass in the 90s. Im a huge fan of Betty.

joe1510 likes this.
  10. joe1510

joe1510 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,522) Aug 21, 2006 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah

Sippin' on a little something freshly released. Blueberry IIPA from Tyranena.

[​IMG]

Burning through some NIN albums so here's some Trent and two other greats.

Marklaker, LeperJim, aoampm and 15 others like this.
  11. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Grand Pooh-Bah (4,779) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah

Changin up, but still going strong...keep 'em coming BA's! Cheers!

[​IMG]

12. Smakawhat

Smakawhat Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,727) Mar 18, 2008 Maryland
    Pooh-Bah Society

Kiiiiiiity!!!!

13. rrock44

rrock44 Pooh-Bah (1,793) Oct 27, 2009 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Society

Down in Waldport. Made a stop in Corvallis on the way down. Great day - went crabbing - now relaxing.

[​IMG]

14. BSW

BSW Pundit (869) Jun 20, 2011 California
    Trader

More of "what did you drink tonight" than "what am I drinking now". Had a tasting at my house tonight. All great stuff, but Focal Banger and Crusher were in a different class.

[​IMG]

Marklaker, LeperJim, VABA and 13 others like this.
  15. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Grand Pooh-Bah (3,400) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Want to join you guys a lot earlier but I had family obligations. Dropped my wife & daughter at her niece's house for the night and I went to a hotel down the road. Going to have a couple before bed.
    [​IMG]
    Tune

16. superspak

superspak Grand High Pooh-Bah (10,336) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Good evening BA, Happy Friday! Finally got my A/C fixed today. They disassembled the whole thing and cleaned out everything, replaced compressor etc. I grabbed a cider kit and some honey after work, going to make a quick session cyser to fill one of the 2 empty kegs I have this weekend. I haven't fermented anything in a few months, so I need to get back to it. I just wish I had something faster than a stove for beer. 3rd floor apartment doesn't make a propane burner really feasible. Running up stairs with 6 gallons of hot wort to my sink chiller is just asking for bad things to happen.

Reviews:

Really solid fruited Witbier. Very nice head retention and soapy lacing down the glass. Aromas and flavors of blood orange, orange peel, coriander, pear, apple, and peppery yeast; light-medium wheat/cracker malt; with herbal/floral/grassy spice and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate peppery yeast and slight bitter/tartness on the finish. Light-medium body; with some light grainy wheat creaminess/spice stickiness in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate dryness; a bit thin, even for a witbier. Pretty crisp and really refreshing. This was well balanced between yeast, spice, and blood orange flavors; with a solid wheat malt presence. Very pleasant and tasty. 3.53
    [​IMG]

Mikkeller Cherry Berliner. Very nice stuff! Fantastic lacing and head retention for the style. Aromas and flavors of tart cherries, lemon, green apple, pear, red grape, wheat, cracker, hay, straw, and pepper; with lighter notes of leather, funk, and red wine vinegar. Moderate acidic/tannic fruit tartness and spicy yeast finish. Light-medium bodied; crisp/acidic/tannic/dry feel; with light grainy wheat creaminess. No acidic astringency at all. Very drinkable and well balanced fruit/lacto. I do get some spontaneous yeast notes as well, but mostly covered by the lacto/fruit. More noticeable as it warms. Very enjoyable/refreshing. 3.93
    [​IMG]

New JP Wild Ale. This fantastic! Aromas and flavors of huge tart/sour lemon, lime, grapefruit, passion fruit, papaya, peach, apricot, pineapple, mango, melon, green apple, pear, peppercorn, citrus peel, hay, straw, leather, oak, musty funk, and light white wine vinegar; with some light wheat/crackery malt balance. Very tart/sour finish; with peppery spice, and some citrus rind bitterness. Medium bodied; with a very drying acidic/tannic mouthfeel; with a touch of grainy wheat creaminess. Extremely smooth for the level of acidity, with balanced bitter/spiciness of a saison. Extremely impressive, apparently no spice or fruit in here; all yeast derived complexity. Wow! 4.3
    [​IMG]

Cheers

#376 superspak, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  17. cjgiant

cjgiant Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,560) Jul 13, 2013 District of Columbia
    Pooh-Bah Society

Nice work all (including @StoutElk_92) - was going to do the same! :grinning:

Me, I've moved onto an amazing dessert beer (likely my last but we never know). After a Wussie beer with dinner, onto this growler from the same brewery as my first post this day:
    [​IMG]

This is Three Notch'd Bourbon Barrel Biggie S'mores. I'd had the base beer previously and thought it was decent enough. But this is amazing in my mind - I rated it the same as Wulver, of all things, @WesMantooth. The barrel notes are there, but they really act to accentuate (and better, IMO) the base beer. And to think I almost passed it up. Definitely worth buying another growler I don't need. Shame this is a one-off that'll likely continue to be difficult to get.

Definitely doing the second pour of this as I post, @jzeilinger, @Greywulfken, et al :slight_smile:

18. tasterschoice62

tasterschoice62 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,553) May 14, 2014 Rhode Island
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

19. jiggad369

jiggad369 Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2011 New Jersey

20. djkman

djkman Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2012 New Jersey

Got one. Did not open yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.