Civil Society - Summer 2016

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by Thedrizzle, Jun 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug6322

Doug6322 Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2013 Florida

I was there a few weeks ago and 3 of the last 4 canned beers were still there, the bad canning of the first so spooked people away which works great for the rest of us. I would assume this will be around for a week....I didn't even think they posted limits for last release. I prefer to go after the rush than you can get crowlers of their other tasty offerings. I will be in town this weekend and go Saturday early evening in hopes of less traffic

2. JerryIsAlive

JerryIsAlive Initiate (0) May 30, 2012 Florida

They were so empty at last release that they filled crowlers at open. But yes, last release was a case limit on fresh and 3 pack limit on corporate

3. Gp311

Gp311 Initiate (0) Sep 28, 2015 Florida

I'm sure the allure of a collab. with angry chair will bring out more people, and therefore the limits will be lower.

4. Jarnet87

Jarnet87 Crusader (428) Jul 30, 2014 Florida

The only beer I know of from angry chair is their German chocolate cupcake, how are their IPAs?

#184 Jarnet87, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    JerryIsAlive likes this.
  5. JerryIsAlive

Is angry chair known for their hoppy beers? Thought they were mainly known for stouts, although I don't know much about them

6. dsigmon

dsigmon Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2007 Florida

Definitely not known for their hoppy beers. Some of the most amazing porters and stouts in Florida though (Fionn, French Toast, GCCS). Sours are okay too but not quite at the JWB level.

7. Gp311

Maybe they took the opportunity to learn from each other and discuss styles. Angry chair can stand to up their hops game and civil needs to work on their stouts. Either way I'm sure that it's mostly a marketing thing as most collaborations are.

Deltoro likes this.
  8. wingnutter

wingnutter Initiate (0) May 18, 2005 Florida

All I know is Subject Seven is the best CS beer Ive had yet. Its got the trademark haziness and soft mouthfeel of those NE style beers, with a killer bitter kick a lot of them are missing. Soooo good.

Also...Angry Chair has made a couple pretty good hoppy beers lately (Turbid Test and another I cant think of), and we all know Civil owns the FL hop game, so I have high hopes for Bench Buddies.

dsigmon likes this.
  9. fishingnet

fishingnet Initiate (0) Apr 22, 2007 Florida

This is the reason we did a collab with CS. We learned a lot and have made improvements to our hoppy beers.

Cheers,
    Ben
    Angry Chair Brewing

10. JerryIsAlive

Would be really nice if they had subject 7 and emerald on tap for this weekend

manbearpack likes this.
  11. manbearpack

manbearpack Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2013 Texas

The cigar shop Churchills posted on FB that their lease is not being renewed by the landlord so CS can expand.

It's not a very big place, maybe just more seating for the tap room. I could see them closing off the area to the left of the bar for more brewing stuff.

#191 manbearpack, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    timeyouwontgetback likes this.
  12. Gp311

Looking forward to it!!

Me too..want to get a crowler of the Subject 7 if possible.

13. Gp311

Only a matter of time before they needed to expand. Would be nice if they bought a canning line, but I agree maybe they expand production into that front side area and expand the taproom into the cigar shop

14. JerryIsAlive

I just learned that former Marlins pitcher Chris Volstad is the co-owner of CS and his brother is the brewer. Fun facts. I feel like I'm the last to know hah

#194 JerryIsAlive, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  15. Gp311

from their FB post:

Along with the 2 cans being released on Saturday 8/19 at 12pm, Bench Buddies (collab with @angrychairbrewing) and DankStar, @angrychairbrewing is bring 2 kegs to put on draft. Violence (Imperial Sweet Stout with a shit ton of Vanilla Beans) 11% Dragon Birds (Berliner with Guava, Passion Fruit, Dragon Fruit, and Lime) 4.2%. These guys brew killer beers so don't miss out.

16. JerryIsAlive

Really hope they offer 4-8-12oz pours for the Angry chair kegs. That would be swell. Looks like I have more of a reason to get there around open.

Bogart2930 likes this.
  17. JerryIsAlive

I was told looking like a 3 per on each brand.

18. JerryIsAlive

Bench = $18 per, 3 per person
    Dank = $16 per, 3 per person

Dank Star branded teku's being released, and was told subject 7 should be on. Happy day

19. jkinzey

jkinzey Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2014 Florida

Anyone have insight to Bench Buddies? Never had an IPA with Manderiana or Hallertau...

20. jkinzey

jkinzey Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2014 Florida

Do they still have cans from previous release?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.