1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

SWTFYW Hints and Hauls!!!

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Cuzco, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phishbfm

phishbfm Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2010 North Carolina

Umm...are you talking about my Uncle John?!?!?! His is actually an alias. He spells it McClane....like a jabroni.

IF you're talking about who I think you're talking about, then there's no rush if it didn't get out today...hypothetically. I'm heading out of town for the weekend early friday so I won't be here to accept it. I can get my bro-in-law to bring it in, but still don't break ya back with the rough week you're having. Hypothetically, of course.

2. Will_Edgar

Will_Edgar Zealot (675) Oct 23, 2013 Iowa

[​IMG]
    All ready to go. Dropped off tonight and will go out tomorrow! I packaged this like mini BIAB box. Target is gonna get BOMB'D!! :stuck_out_tongue::grinning::grinning::stuck_out_tongue:

3. RayOhioFelton

RayOhioFelton Initiate (0) May 24, 2011 Ohio
    Deactivated

Hypothetically would it be a pain in the ass for your brother in law? Besides the sore back that is. Because Hypothetically speaking tomorrow would be an ideal day to drop this box of boxes off. Wife has the kids set and I'm cool to chart in the morning and drop it off on my way to work. Bronce...if that is your real name.

4. RayOhioFelton

Deactivated

Went over 17k likes. Fuck. Not bad for a cranky old asshole!

5. Brewzma

Brewzma Zealot (700) Jun 2, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

So target, your first box is packed and dropped off at FedEx for you to receive Thursday. Yes I said first. I wanted to get you a box during the window with most of the beers, but I have some swag and other goodies that need to be specially packaged, so be on the lookout next week for something more. Plus this gives me an excuse to raid my cellar for additional things to reach the first floor of the Empire State Building of beer boxes that Yeti built.

Hint whatever I'm on: hopefully the pleats in your pants are only able to partially hide your excitement

6. richardflyr

richardflyr Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2009 Connecticut
    Trader

UPS is a dark horse in this game for me. So who knows what's happening? This is craziness!
    ...In other news, I up my certainty to 95%.

Jas45678, ThreeFishes, jshusc and 8 others like this.
  7. richardflyr

richardflyr Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2009 Connecticut
    Trader

So I have determined that if I drink one 64oz growler of an 7.8% IPA in an evening I am in for a rough time. Definitely got me druuuuuunk and I know I am not going to have a good time tomorrow morning. I even set aside some ibuprofen and water by my computer for the morning!

This growler of Treehouse Bright was fucking worth it though.

8. emottram

emottram Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Is this obvious enough:stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway for some reason the box has been sitting in CT for 24 hours. I think FedEx is fucking with me. Hopefully it still arrives tomorrow

#83748 emottram, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  9. elkevo

elkevo Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2013 Ohio

Could be me!

10. zekeman17

zekeman17 Pooh-Bah (2,048) Feb 14, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hey target, I haven't given you a clue in a while, here is one--
    I have shipped to you at 2 different addresses in the past 3 years.
    Does that help?

11. RayOhioFelton

Deactivated

Have no idea who my sender is but I could go for a beer or 10. Doesn't have to be whales as long as it gets me drunk!

Target. This box is heavy. Fuck I'm glad it's out of my possession. Sorry you won't get to open it till after the weekend.

12. ColdOne

ColdOne Savant (1,142) Jan 19, 2013 New York
    Trader

Two boxes are out for delivery to some hairy somebitch down south. I don't want to give it away, but you can still see this guy's sweet smile through his giant yeti beard, even when he's getting carpet bombed by @XmnwildX12.

13. Dicers

Dicers Grand Pooh-Bah (3,412) Sep 2, 2012 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Isn't that about half of us?

14. RayOhioFelton

Deactivated

No I'm in a stable home. This sounds like someone who keeps getting evicted and squatting. :grinning:

15. emottram

Trader

Target (@roon ) I am slightly concerned that something is up with the box since it's been sitting in Willington, Ct warehouse since 7am yesterday. It typically arrives there and ships out very quickly after leaving the Auburn,Ma warehouse.

I really hope that they just forgot to scan it since a bunch of the beers can't be easily replaced without trading for them. If it doesn't arrive this week I'll get a new box out early next week

16. Dicers

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I use to have issues all the time with Willington when it came to scans only once did I have an actual issue out of it. Most often it would update when it got to the destinations warehouse. So there is definitely still hope

17. Dicers

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Dear target....

I heard you like fresh hops. So I'm going to add more fresh hops while I wait out this monsoon.... Also I think I may have to do a secondary box afterwards. We shall see

18. mumbles44

mumbles44 Savant (1,034) Jan 22, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

UPS tells me i will have a box today..fuck I may have to leave work early..

19. Eziel

Eziel Pooh-Bah (2,007) Jan 31, 2013 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

The Beer Casket as Buck says!!!! How many TG stouts did you cram in that thing?

20. emottram

Trader

This is a first for me, so it's making me panic. Of course I didn't include an extra shipping label inside the box or write the tracking number on the box

Jas45678, ThreeFishes, Beer4B and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.