Tree House Brewing Company (August 2016)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,617) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I'm assumimg you got this from the source. Anyways, and could be wrong, but it sounds like that can might have been infected from day 1: a rarity of sorts.

Granted, I've never sat on a Doppleganger for that long. So, perhaps others have had a similar experience

2. Hos

Hos Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2015 Massachusetts

To counter this point I just drank a 5 month old Julius that was still outstanding. I tend to hold on to my last can if each kind until I get more of that kind. So haven't been able to get Julius since end of March. Decided it's been long enough and I have to drink it. Was still a delicious and amazing beer. Definitely changes but I sure didn't notice a huge change. That's just me though.

3. jimmyfausto

jimmyfausto Devotee (353) Jul 28, 2014 Massachusetts

So I've had one a week since the 7/22 release, including tonight. I did not have the same experience as you. The only thing I noticed was that it was a touch more bitter than last week's experience. FWIW I think week 3 was it's peak. The color looked fine, I agree that the smell wasn't there (but I am battling a bit of a cold so that's a wash). Dopple still went down smoother than it really should given its ABV.

#203 jimmyfausto, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  4. Xeal

Xeal Zealot (591) Mar 5, 2016 New York
    Trader

Hmm after leaving I realized I got charged $12 for a 750ml of Very Hazy when the website said it's supposed to be $11...

5. JeanJacketLover

JeanJacketLover Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2015 Massachusetts

I got charged $23 rather than $22 for a 2L of VH...

6. JayKoz

JayKoz Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2014 Connecticut

I'm not going to lie, I didn't even look at the prices - but I got charged $40 for a 2L each of Green and Very Hazy. I know Green is $16, so found it curious that Very Hazy was $24? Or did Green go up recently?

Not that I care that much anyways, just curious.

7. SenorQuesadilla

SenorQuesadilla Crusader (438) Jul 18, 2014 Connecticut
    Trader

Bit of a disconcerting trend, IMO. Weird because they're just pressing buttons on the ipad.

8. Jbrews

Jbrews Pooh-Bah (1,800) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

This is very odd, for any brewery ^

9. Fancy

Fancy Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2016 New York

Hey everyone! I plan on making my first stop this coming Friday. I'll be leaving from NYC with some friends and we plan to arrive around 4pm. Any tips/advice/things-to-expect/etc you all could lend would be appreciated.

10. skleice

skleice Maven (1,271) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

11. Fancy

Fancy Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2016 New York

That's a great OP. Thanks to everyone who put it together. See you all Friday!

Evmo31, Rysk22, skleice and 1 other person like this.
  12. Xeal

Xeal Zealot (591) Mar 5, 2016 New York
    Trader

Agreed, I've seen class action lawsuits start because of something like this. Not that I'm suggesting one to begin because I'd really like for TH's expansion plans to stay on track.

On a different note, how long do you think unopened growlers of Very Hazy will last for? Got a few friends I want to share it with but they won't be in town for another two weeks.

13. infectedlobster

infectedlobster Devotee (398) Apr 22, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

The flip-top 750ml growlers are good for months. I personally think they keep better than the cans do. A screw top 2L should also be fine in a couple weeks, just make sure you keep it in the fridge and that the cap is nice & tight.

14. icfpny

icfpny Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2015 New York

I really hope someone responds to the pricing issues.

15. DigitalNate

DigitalNate Crusader (441) Dec 20, 2010 Massachusetts

RE: Very Hazy. A price increase was discussed last week (but never 100% agreed upon) given the extraordinary hopping rate and extraordinary loss on that particular beer (# / BBL it is our most hop intensive beer). The ON-TAP page offered at the brewery to customers listed $12 for a 750 ML and $24 for a 2L. The ON-TAP page on the website listed $11 and $22.

Given this discrepancy we are working on a group refund to honor the $11 and $22 rate. If you would like a refund ASAP please contact lauren@treehousebrew.com

Truly sorry that this happened.

Thanks!

jhavs, Patrick1203, lic217 and 13 others like this.
  16. icfpny

icfpny Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2015 New York

Aaaaand there it is.

17. skleice

skleice Maven (1,271) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

Cancel the class action lawsuit :rolling_eyes:

18. CTHopman

CTHopman Initiate (0) Jul 22, 2016 Connecticut

Now that Nate has explained it and apologized, I hope everyone just accepts their buck or two "loss" (for lack of a better term) and moves on. Despite the fact that TH is "working on a group refund", the administrative cost for them to do so far outweighs the few bucks anybody might be out. Moreover, anyone could email TH and indicate they paid cash (no way for the brewery to confirm if you even purchased a growler or two) and wait by their mailbox for the $2 check/voucher. Might seem crazy (and certainly douchy) but not unheard of.

HuskyHawk, downesadam and eb1610 like this.
  19. Sabtos

Sabtos Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,486) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I would be ashamed to ask for such a refund.

cskillage, nvbrew, kliend and 3 others like this.
  20. Capt_Quint

Capt_Quint Zealot (626) May 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

I would think they'd need some proof of purchase. Haven't been to TH in a while and have never paid cash there, but they don't offer receipts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.