Trillium Brewing Company (September 2016)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Sep 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RKing44

RKing44 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2012 Massachusetts

Same with Worden Hall, much easier to get to than SP and Coda.

AirBob likes this.
  2. Brown120

Brown120 Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2011 Pennsylvania

Thanks. Is there any gear at Fort Pitt (glasses, shirts). The following day, I'll be going up north to andover? Are there any breweries or God bottle shops on the way? Is Night shift brewing in play? Thanks.

3. cappy201

cappy201 Zealot (504) Mar 25, 2012 Massachusetts
    Trader

Trillium has swag at Fort Point-glasses, tee shirts, etc. Redstones in Andover has a great selection--one of he better bottle shops in the state, Nightshift is not on the route from Boston to Andover, but their bottles and cans will be in Redstones or any decent bottle shop.

Ganglani, Brown120 and AirBob like this.
  4. AirBob

AirBob Pooh-Bah (1,718) Jul 15, 2014 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Depending on the time of day (not rush hour) and your route (93N), a stop at NS could be a 20 minute detour.

Brown120 and cappy201 like this.
  5. dubdrop

dubdrop Savant (1,027) Aug 6, 2012 Vermont
    Trader

depending on where he'll be in boston, night shift wouldn't be that out of the way to andover. night shift is less than 10 min from 93.

Brown120 likes this.
  6. Brown120

Brown120 Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2011 Pennsylvania

Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments.

7. oldbean

oldbean Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

Fort Point Market right next to Trillium is an excellent bottle shop. They have a pretty steady supply of Night Shift if you aren't able to get up there, though you probably can if traffic isn't too bad.

Brown120 likes this.
  8. hopley

hopley Pooh-Bah (2,608) Feb 24, 2010 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This is a great perspective, thanks! One thing contributing to my sentiments regarding "nailing" an Octoberfest has to do not only with their IPA and Stout success, but also their success with wilds and sours. I don't really know, but can only assume, that they take lots of skill and experience to get right - so I can only figure that if they can do that right, they can do just about anything right. Anyway, your point is well made and much appreciated, thanks!

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  9. crowlcrowlcrowl

crowlcrowlcrowl Initiate (0) Jun 13, 2014 New York
    Trader

Anyone else feel like there may be a surprise release this week? Up Next list is looking a little thin. New Cutting Tiles???

kliend likes this.
  10. Hammerhead79

Hammerhead79 Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2015 Massachusetts

DDH Fort Point and bottles of the Permutation #2 today

kliend likes this.
  11. Jhurley1

Jhurley1 Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2011 Virginia

Buddy is heading to Canton to grab some cans for me today. Any idea what the best way is to figure out canning dates for current offerings? Probably tracking back in these threads?

12. DonFrap

DonFrap Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2011 Massachusetts

They announce the majority of releases on Twitter, that should get you most of them

13. Hammerhead79

Hammerhead79 Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2015 Massachusetts

instagram and twitter. Sometimes though they will have a batch overlap without running out so there is no announcement.

14. infectedlobster

infectedlobster Devotee (398) Apr 22, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Aside from Secret Stairs (which is in bottles, not cans) it's all fresh. I wouldn't spend time trying to figure it out. Non-DDH Scaled is the oldest beer available in cans and it's something like ten days old.

jrnyc likes this.
  15. jimmyfausto

jimmyfausto Devotee (353) Jul 28, 2014 Massachusetts

Nothing older than 9/1/16.

Scaled 9/1
    Galaxy Fort Point 9/2
    Vicinity 9/7
    Congress St 9/8
    Little Rooster 9/9
    Today's Offering (saw DDH Fort Point on the site earlier but it's not there anymore) 9/13

Edit--DDH FP is back on the list, so I'd bet that's today's can.

#135 jimmyfausto, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    dcgunman, jrnyc and Jhurley1 like this.
  16. Jhurley1

Jhurley1 Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2011 Virginia

perfect. thanks all for the responses. yeah I usually don't get too hung up on dates I just won't be able to pick them up for a few weeks so figured i'd lean towards fresher.

17. dcgunman

dcgunman Pooh-Bah (2,608) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

look on the bottom of the cans. dates are stamped.

18. uuudar

uuudar Devotee (328) Oct 19, 2013 New York
    Trader

Just fyi, the cans of Stillings and Vicinity I picked up at the same time were not stamped. Don't know why, but not every can has had stamps.

19. dcgunman

dcgunman Pooh-Bah (2,608) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

All the can's I bought on Saturday at the Boston location has dates stamped.

20. HighLowJack

HighLowJack Savant (1,230) Jun 5, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Trillium has beer all the time now. Your wallet will hit its limit before Trillium stops you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.