Ram Brewery Side Note Releases

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Tomcheeze, Jun 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beardown2489

beardown2489 Pooh-Bah (1,892) Oct 5, 2012 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

ya, i know what you mean. I guess i was meaning to say, i just don't think Ram is going to be hurting at all because of this release.

He just sold out of a batch of beer in under two hours, afterall

croush and FBarber like this.
  2. FBarber

FBarber Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,161) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

If I thought it was going to last, I would have happily taken the family up there around 2 or 3 and picked up 2-4 packs then, had an early dinner and a couple beers. As it was, I spent $36 and left right away.

I am curious when you say he said they're still "trying to figure out how to handle the double/triple dipping" was he saying that in a "how to stop it" way?

croush likes this.
  3. croush

croush Pooh-Bah (2,371) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I'm not exactly sure what he meant, but I think he wasn't even sure whether they truly are OK with that practice or not. My guess is that they are thinking about whether they should put more of a priority of spreading the beer around to more people, but then trying to figure out if that's worth it as compared to just selling it all ASAP (of course, in that case, I don't know what the point of limits are).

Yeah, they won't be hurting for the time being, but you also have to have a long term outlook and know that success can be fleeting. One bad batch, and they'll be considered making swill like GI. :grimacing:

FBarber likes this.
  4. beardown2489

beardown2489 Pooh-Bah (1,892) Oct 5, 2012 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

meh, lots of haze whores out there. Hubbards cave had a batch with no carb. didn't stop the newest version from selling out in 3 days

5. Gambyt20

Gambyt20 Pooh-Bah (2,016) Jan 14, 2016 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Swung by at 1245 to find out they were sold out, read that they really didn't have a system in place to prevent people from getting back in line but it was pretty sickening to see people sitting at tables with easily well over the limit of 2 4-packs and people walking out with cases, and of course without a doubt posting them FT for other whalez as referenced in an earlier post here on this site. Reading Shaun's instagram feed he brewed a double batch this time so more people who wanted to actually drink the beer can actually get one to drink. With kids some of us can't exactly line up or sit down for a beer and enjoy, while others are hoarding them for trade bait and not to drink for themselves. Just sad. Oh well I don't think I will even try next time, plenty of other great beer available. Hopefully Shaun can expand or set up his own place and this stuff can be more readily available.

6. croush

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Just picked up another Hubbard's Cave today...plenty of it was available. :wink:

ErikO60102 and FBarber like this.
  7. thewimperoo

thewimperoo Maven (1,284) Oct 1, 2006 Illinois
    Trader

You guys are super gullible if you don't think this guy doesn't want his beer to sell out in minutes and/or trade for the most hyped stuff.

8. croush

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

That's one way to look at it. I think it's short-sighted of folks to think that's what really matters, though. Someone can make some good beer for a few years, but if they want to have an ongoing thriving business (which means they get to keep doing what they love), then there is more than just selling out something in a few minutes. And I'm not sure this is trading for the most hyped stuff.

9. weirdalchy

weirdalchy Crusader (436) Jan 23, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Cool, $12 for 22 oz of beer?

10. DarkMagneto

DarkMagneto Crusader (467) Apr 17, 2007 Illinois

egrace84 and FBarber like this.
  11. Irishace9

Irishace9 Initiate (0) Sep 7, 2012 Illinois

Hahaha

12. Redsunsx01x

Redsunsx01x Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2016 Illinois

Uh really? I closed 2:1 Juicy for Black Note. But for FO, DBH, Prop 13 or 14.......

SnowyBramble likes this.
  13. croush

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yep, pretty cool!

14. FBarber

There are at least 3 others on here. That was just the first one up.

15. FBarber

its actually $9.99 for 750 ml. But cool story bro.

croush likes this.
  16. jed_productions

jed_productions Zealot (530) Jul 2, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

I had a great time at the Juicy release yesterday, despite the rain. Met some great people and sampled a lot of great beers in line.

I thought the release was run very well and the line moved really fast. I'm sorry for those of you that arrived later to find out that the cans were already sold out. Hopefully they will fix people getting back in line for the next release.

I had Juicy and Gimme Samaloha on tap and thought both were fantastic. From memory this batch of Juicy tastes even better than the first. I haven't opened one of my cans yet, but the Juicy on tap was phenomenal. In my opinion this is best example of a NE style IPA in Illinois. The other being Transient's Juice is Loose (even though it is from Michigan).

FBarber likes this.
  17. Chuckdiesel24

Chuckdiesel24 Pooh-Bah (2,924) Jul 6, 2016 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Does anyone know if they are sold out of draft at the restaurant?

18. Jaycase

Jaycase Grand Pooh-Bah (3,554) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Your best bet is to call them. (847) 517-8791

19. Chuckdiesel24

Chuckdiesel24 Pooh-Bah (2,924) Jul 6, 2016 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I will when I get back into town but I've had experiences there where the staff doesn't know what's going on. They had a tap of ask side note about a month ago and the waiter told me it was sold out. Went to the bar and it was still flowing

20. weirdalchy

weirdalchy Crusader (436) Jan 23, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

I thought the release was great as well. While I do think they could have upped the limit to 3 per person once they saw the size of the crowd, it was still baffling to see the guys sitting there with cases to themselves. Like I said before, I don't think Ram will ever see 500-600 individuals there to buy a beer, but stopping the people from buying a case would be nice as this probably would have lasted into today. It's bad enough I see ads on craigslist people trying to trade a ram ipa for barrel aged offerings and also trying to sell a 4 pack for $60. Unbelievable.

Ace99890 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.