What beer are you drinking now? #1459

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by DoctorZombies, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawDog505

SawDog505 Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,666) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

Hope things are fine with your dog.:slight_frown:

2. mschrei

mschrei Grand Pooh-Bah (4,983) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

So apparently there is a recall on a number of Revolution beers, the below one included (I opened one now for testing purposes, and I also had one on Sunday, and it seemed fine to me).
    While it may have slight Belgian characteristics that might be unexpected for this type of beer, I don't find it undrinkable. Personally, I'm going to enjoy this six pack and keep an eye out for a new batch in the future.

Maybe @bowzer4birdie and any other Chicagoans on here can back me up, because I think I've seen a few posts of this beer as well as some others on the list and I don't recall anybody saying anything bad about them.
    [​IMG]
    Good luck Revolution-you're still my second favorite local brewery.

Scrapss, MattyG85, MacMalt and 31 others like this.
  3. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Grand Pooh-Bah (4,779) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah

Wow. Still on the first page! And I thought I was late to the party :astonished:. You must all be "enjoying" your day as much as I am. Sometimes, I really wish there was a job where you could perhaps make, serve, and enjoy beer with people who might have the same passion. Oh if only that were a thing....:wink: Daydreaming aside, let's bring this back down to earth. It's time for the Glass of the Day Awards!

GotD:
    Some of you may have found out by now that the Staff is sympathetic, or at least empathetic when a fellow BA experiences tragic loss. Ladies and germs, please let us all acknowledge and appreciate for one last time @JakeScully 's :confused: Leffe chalice. Please avert you eyes to pic #2 if you are offended easily:slight_frown:. Cheers, and a very somber congrats.
    2nd: Any other day my friend! Timing is everything, but nonetheless congratulations on finally scoring this beautiful Thistle @BeerVikingSailor ! The Holy Grail of glasssware as far as I'm concerned!
    3rd: The highest honors are never received by establishment glassware, but some must go noticed and revered. @Salt-n-Beer , thank you for your proper and beautiful Stift Engelszell post.

Honorable mention goes out to @dcotom for his clever use of this Southern Comfort Collins glass :wink:.
    Cheers everyone, and I will see you all soon!

GotD.
    [​IMG]
    It's final and might I point out Proper use before this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HM: https://www.beeradvocate.com/commun...you-drink-now-1458.457423/page-5#post-5062308

4. SawDog505

Pooh-Bah Society

[​IMG] Kelsen Draken Robust Porter, really an excellent porter.

5. cavedave

cavedave Grand Pooh-Bah (4,145) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

That Dylan cut is a beautiful pull, really enjoyed it.

6. Prager62

Prager62 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,126) May 7, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Thanks, it was new to me as well and quite the pleasant surprise.

DoctorZombies, dee4maine and cavedave like this.
  7. JamFuel

JamFuel Grand High Pooh-Bah (8,480) Mar 26, 2009 Sweden
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society

Well, considering I spend all my time on this thread being jealous of both glassware and content of said glassware, I'm gonna call that fair!:slight_smile:

dcotom, VABA, DoctorZombies and 3 others like this.
  8. Prager62

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

While I haven't had this year's batch, I was steered away by more than a few opinions out there that stated something didn't taste 'right'. At least they didn't drag their feet in acknowledging something's wrong.

9. mschrei

mschrei Grand Pooh-Bah (4,983) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Before @bowzer4birdie says anything-I don't think I've ever seen that location for one of your beers before.

10. Prager62

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

[​IMG]

A single I purchased about a month ago because I've heard some good things about this beer. The verdict? It's a crisp and refreshing easy drinker along the line of a Belgian farmhouse ale that's grassy with a little citrus and mild funk. In other words, perfect for a mild day such as today. I've done my part propping up the virtual bar, a nap is coming after I finish this!

11. cbcrunch

cbcrunch Grand Pooh-Bah (4,559) Jan 21, 2012 Wyoming
    Pooh-Bah Society

Harvesting potatoes and onions while enjoying beer.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

VABA, Scrapss, russpowell and 38 others like this.
  12. Betolito

Betolito Initiate (0) May 20, 2012 Nevada

Good afternoon. My kids insisted on Mexican chocolate with their waffles before school, I shall insist on my version. Pictured, the first, now having my second with tamales...

[​IMG]

13. JamFuel

JamFuel Grand High Pooh-Bah (8,480) Mar 26, 2009 Sweden
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society

[​IMG]

This is a Berliner weisse from my favorite Swedish brewer, Brewski. This is awesome, great balance, drinkable as hell. And I'm happy to finally have a Teku glass!

14. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Grand Pooh-Bah (4,801) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Instead of beer, we decided on something with a little more octane than the Corona.
    [​IMG]

15. bowzer4birdie

bowzer4birdie Grand Pooh-Bah (3,710) Aug 16, 2012 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah

:rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

SawDog505, DoctorZombies and mschrei like this.
  16. bowzer4birdie

Pooh-Bah

I personally have not experienced any "off" flavors in that one yet. I had one yesterday and posted it on this thread, it was delicious. I have one more can in the fridge still...

DoctorZombies and vabeerguy like this.
  17. cavedave

cavedave Grand Pooh-Bah (4,145) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Big thanks to @2beerdogs for yet another delicious beer from his NBS BIF boxes. This marzen is crisp, easy drinking, nice body compared to a lot of the light bodied festbiers today, and just pumped with clean flavor.
    [​IMG]

18. SawDog505

Pooh-Bah Society

[​IMG] 603 Wood Devil DIPA.

19. bowzer4birdie

Pooh-Bah

20. SawDog505

Pooh-Bah Society

What??? LOL :rolling_eyes:

DoctorZombies and bowzer4birdie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.