New in Kentucky

Discussion in 'South' started by Nhens0016, Apr 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dscott421

dscott421 Crusader (435) Jun 13, 2013 Kentucky
    Trader

Is the open house worth going to? To me it seems like more of an in depth tour with 5 beer samples? I'd love to go but for two people its $50, just seems high? Anyone that has been to it before care to chime in?

2. IMFletcher

IMFletcher Pooh-Bah (2,418) May 2, 2014 Kentucky
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

The next County Series bottle will be a Port Dubbel. The Snake Cake is bottle conditioning and is not ready yet. The next Sixfold bottle is XII, I think.

dscott421 likes this.
  3. IMFletcher

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

After last weekend's 3-Day Sourfest at my house, this weekend is a break from craziness. Thankfully I have a friend going to Dark Arts who will mule me back a few.

4. Nhens0016

Nhens0016 Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2013 Louisiana

Xocoveza in Lexington. Trappe just posted a picture of it. Might have to run out to see if I can get some. Had on draft at the village idiot and that beer is so damn good. Between that and dragonsaddle this weekend, I'll be broke next week!

5. chrismattlin

chrismattlin Pooh-Bah (1,663) May 10, 2014 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society

Xocoveza landed in Ohio 2 weeks ago. Stone made much more of it this year. It's still sitting on shelves here; unlike last year when it was gone in less than a week. What I'm getting at is that it shouldn't be that tough to get this time around.

6. bambambambam

bambambambam Initiate (0) Oct 20, 2016 Kentucky

Just been getting into the craft beer thing since ~March or so. Wanted to check out this forum to get a better idea of what's going on around Lex. Liking the stouts I've had so I'm lookin' forward to Snake Eyes - got scared here wondering if it is coming back. But W6 website says they get canned in January. Couldn't Pennyrile just run through October until then?

7. Nhens0016

Well they only canned Snake Eyes once before and that was last winter. Who knows to be quite honest what will happen. They might still can it, which would make me happy! I have a four pack chillin in the cellar. I ubered one of the bartenders last year in december who told me about Snake Eyes before it came out and he said they decided that week they were going to can it. They might make another decision like that this december too. Either way, the stouts that will be coming out soon (snake cake, any CBB stout, Xocoveza, etc) are well worth the price. Bo and Luke come out soon also!

8. bambambambam

Snake Cake was incredible the few times I had it in the barrel room back in the spring. Pretty excited to see news floating around here that it will be bottled. That's what I'm here for!

9. Nhens0016

Xocoveza is alive and plentiful in Lexington. So many cases, so little time haha

chrismattlin likes this.
  10. KYCraft

KYCraft Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2015 Kentucky

Anyone found any bottles of "born yesterday" in Louisville yet?

11. slangtruth

slangtruth Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2012 Kentucky

Nope. The Keg web page say they had it but by the time I made it up there it was gone.

12. IMFletcher

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I doubt Snake Eyes gets canned this winter, only because when you go to the can room on the tour, there are no pallets of Snake Eyes cans in there.

Traditionally, it's released on tap for Super Bowl Sunday, if memory serves.

13. sefus12

sefus12 Pundit (884) Sep 7, 2006 Massachusetts
    Trader

Had West Sixth Pennyrile Pale Ale at their brewery on Friday night and it was absolutely stunning. Easily one of the best hoppy beers I've had from anyone in KY and something I recommend everyone trying when its released in cans this week. Fantastic beer.

As an aside, has anyone seen SN Celebration around Louisville? I know the Snow Pack is out but haven't seen any post about Celebration (my favorite beer) yet.

14. bambambambam

I asked West Sixth about Snake Eyes on their Facebook page and they said it's for sure coming back in cans this january. Lovin this Pennyrile too

15. sefus12

sefus12 Pundit (884) Sep 7, 2006 Massachusetts
    Trader

Kroger on Goss Avenue in Louisville has both Pennyrile and Celebration and both are phenomenal. Just an FYI.

16. Nhens0016

Looks like beer trappe has apple brandy noir in bottles for bar consumption today. Got some other nice little beers too but man I want to drink that beer!

17. dscott421

Trader

AB Noir is very good. However, I hate the premise of the markup and on-site consumption only and refuse to buy anything like that. Oh well, such is life....

18. tsgooch79

tsgooch79 Pundit (838) May 6, 2014 Kentucky
    Trader

I saw that post from the Trappe, got excited for half a second until I saw bar consumption only. AB Noir is already an expensive bottle, I'd imagine bar price is almost $20.

I really wish they'd stop doing that with the more rare beers that come in, or hoarding stuff in their cellar to age and mark up, but people are going to keep paying outrageous prices for the beer, so they probably won't ever stop.

dscott421 likes this.
  19. dscott421

Trader

This x 10000000. I'll buy some of the draft beers they have (BA Expedition, Birthday Bomb, etc.) but absolutely refuse to buy into their scheme.

20. IMFletcher

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

After tax and tip, you're probably right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.