Introducing Jester King 2016 SPON — Méthode Gueuze

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by thirdeye11, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave_Carlson

Dave_Carlson Initiate (0) May 17, 2015 New York

Would love to hear more about people experiences with this release. Help me live vicariously through you!

2. justareallybuffdude

justareallybuffdude Initiate (0) Oct 23, 2016 Texas

The line did seem slow yesterday, about the same as Atrial Rubicite, probably a little longer. It seemed to speed up as it went on, and at 4:30 it hit its longest point, and slowly shrank from then on. At 9:00 p.m. it was about a 20-30 min wait for Spon bottles and it was clear that they would make it to the next day.

I'll probably just go by tonight and get some bottles. My mind will be blown if they unload 3800 of each today (although I guess its possible). As nice as it was to chat with people in line, though, it sucked to lose my entire afternoon to the line, so I'm looking forward to doing an in and out. I'll save the early arrival for Red Atrial on Sunday.

Beer is fantastic. I noticed pretty significant differences in my pours, although I can't say how different they will be from the bottle. 3 and 4 were my favorite, 1 I felt was the weakest, and I didn't get a chance to try 2.

jesterkingbeer likes this.
  3. bccocx

bccocx Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2007 Texas

I got there today at 11:15 and had my bottles at 12:45. I wish I would have gone today around 3pm, but I wanted to catch some football. Overall, really smooth in my opinion.

Great beer, too. Well done JK!

Sounds like a lot of people will be heading back for tomorrow's release. Good luck!

4. Freshies

Freshies Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2016 Texas

I was at the first bend and took around 30 minutes. Really, longer for bottle pours. Great beer and over all awesome release. Hopefully they start doing a cash only line to speed things up a bit, IMO.

chrismann65, jesterkingbeer and Maich like this.
  5. Rothric

Rothric Initiate (0) Mar 8, 2016 Texas

Virtually no line right now, smooth and easy.

6. mig100

mig100 Pooh-Bah (2,633) Aug 3, 2014 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

No line at all as of 5:20

chrismann65 likes this.
  7. videofrog

videofrog Maven (1,256) Nov 13, 2010 Texas
    Trader

Went through around 4:30 today. Very short line. Dude in front of me questioned whether or not what he was buying was actually beer.

8. jeisemann26

jeisemann26 Initiate (0) Jun 17, 2014 Texas

How many bottles left?

9. Texasfan549

Texasfan549 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,226) Feb 26, 2011 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

If there are still bottles left after Saturday, what is the plan for them?

10. Texasfan549

Texasfan549 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,226) Feb 26, 2011 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Various fruit editions?

DamianX13 and VABA like this.
  11. jesterkingbeer

jesterkingbeer Pundit (841) Jun 28, 2010 Texas

Bottles of SPON — Méthode Gueuze will be available at JK until they sellout, even if that stretches into next weekend. We'll keep the same bottle limits.

mwbbq, 4ruedebuci and Texasfan549 like this.
  12. jesterkingbeer

SPON — Méthode Gueuze Update:

1,374 bottles left 750ml (limit 1)
    2,119 bottles left 375ml (limit 1)

Available by the glass all day today.

13. jesterkingbeer

Ha. Just water, barley, wheat, hops and yeast/bacteria!

14. Utexaschris

Utexaschris Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Anyone know what the bottle count and lines look like today? I imagine long lines due to Red Atrial release but thinking about heading out there.

15. justareallybuffdude

justareallybuffdude Initiate (0) Oct 23, 2016 Texas

You should be totally fine. Plenty of bottles when I was there, they posted the numbers on Facebook and it looks like it it should last till next weekend I think. Red Atrial line was long and is almost surely sold out but I imagine you can get Spon instantly now.

Didn't get to try the Red Atrial yet because the kegs kicked 45 minutes after opening while I was in line, but I'm looking forward to it. I realized today there was a cash only line which was super cool, although unfortunately I didn't bring cash like I did the last two days. Would've saved me a good forty minutes though, I hope it's something JK continues to do with these really big releases. It was a beautiful day and I chatted with some dude from Braindead in Dallas who was super nice.

I heard whispers in the crowd that Colour Five was going to be the next drop. Stoked to hear it, although I hope it's not next weekend because I'll be out of town for Thanksgiving and Colour Five, besides Synthesis and Imperial Cabinet, are the beers I'd most like to try from JK that I haven't yet.

16. jrstar96

jrstar96 Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2016 Texas

Great day out there. Waiting in line is so much better when the temperatures are not in the 90's or higher. Line seemed to go a bit quicker each day. I will say the guys working the tent sure were moving fast, so I don't think that was the problem.

I realize there are all kinds of liability issues and things with TABC, so I don't mean this as a knock, just wishful thinking; I wish JK allowed bottle shares in line before opening. Would be a great time to try new beers and make new friends. Still get to meet new friends and talk about new beer however!

Thanks Jeff and JK, wonderful weekend in the hill country.

17. Karibourgeois

Karibourgeois Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2013 Texas
    Deactivated

Wanted to give props to JK for a really amazing beer. I didn't fight the lines for bottles but circumstances led me to being out there both Sat and Sun and I had plenty of draft of all 4 blends. SPON turned out really great.

mig100 and jesterkingbeer like this.
  18. INWarner413

INWarner413 Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2014 Texas

Tip of the cap as always to JK and their staff for doing an outstanding job. Crowd was nice and friendly, tons of beautiful dogs to pet (I'm *that* guy who pets every dog that's there). Great weather, amazing FREE pig tongue tacos yesterday. JK has made consistent strides to make the releases as consumer friendly as possible. I'm more than happy to spend my $14/$20/$26/$36 there. Can't wait for what December brings.

And Red Atrial is pretty fucking amazing. This comes from someone who was an absolute skeptic when I read about the beer...but I was absolutely wrong (as usual), it's amazing.

mig100 and jesterkingbeer like this.
  19. jesterkingbeer

Just posted on social media:

We have the following quantity of bottles of SPON — Méthode Gueuze left for Thanksgiving weekend. Also, we open at Noon this Friday, 11/25 and will have three brewery tours that day (1pm, 3pm, and 5pm).

2,064 bottles 375ml (limit 1)
    2,084 bottles 750ml (limit 1)

The remaining bottle count is a little higher than we thought. Our count going into Sunday failed to factor in the bottles still being stored inside the brewery (not just at the release tent). Sorry about that, but hey, that means more beer is left.

20. Dicers

Dicers Grand Pooh-Bah (3,412) Sep 2, 2012 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Blend 1 750's still gone though?

tony2beers likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.