Black Friday/Thanksgiving in Houston

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by bungletrpg, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Best_Enjoyed_In_Texas

Best_Enjoyed_In_Texas Maven (1,396) Aug 24, 2015 Texas
    Trader

Thats super frustrating, man - sorry to hear that!

For what its worth, and to echo some of my fellow BA's posts from earlier - HEB had an absolute TON in both HEB's that I went into yesterday. No limit & definitely 2016.

I asked the beverage manager at one location about the variants and she had BCBS Coffee & Barleywine.

- HEB on Weslayan & Bissonnet
    - HEB in Montrose on Alabama & Dunlavy

raynmoon likes this.
  2. wiingman

wiingman Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Try the HEB in Atascocita (1960 & W. Lake Houston) and I think a new HEB just opened in Kingwood as well. [EDIT - I see others have already shared the HEB in Kingwood's status].

3. wiingman

wiingman Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Please tell me more about where this HEB is. I know of no HEBs at that intersection.

Dicers likes this.
  4. Best_Enjoyed_In_Texas

Trader

My bad....Buffalo Speedway & Bissonnet. Next intersection east.

5. raynmoon

raynmoon Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado

Went around 7:30pm. this was the new total wine up by tomball

6. donspublic

donspublic Grand Pooh-Bah (3,478) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yeah that is the same one I went to, wondering if they depleted 2016 and reverted to 2015

7. INWarner413

INWarner413 Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2014 Texas

I hope people were smarter than me and didn't fall for Silver Eagle's lies about the infected 2015 Coffee/Barleywine they sold yesterday.

I was at HEB Montrose with others and the SE rep there swore that the 2015 Coffee that was on sale was not infected. I was skeptical and was not going to purchase it until he said that if it was infected, SE would refund me for the purchase. So, I gave them a shot and bought a bottle.

Later at Spec's, they had 2015 Barleywine for sale and I asked if they were going to issue refunds if it was infected. The SE rep there looked at me like the idiot I am for believing what the other SE rep said that morning at HEB Montrose. Needless to say, I did not purchase any 2015 BC products from Spec's.

I opened up the 2015 BCBCS later that night with friends and we all confirmed it was infected like all the other 2015 BCBCS.

Silver Eagle ripped a lot of people off yesterday.

wiingman, Phil_S and raynmoon like this.
  8. greenspointexas

greenspointexas Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2011 Texas

Agreed

9. champ103

champ103 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,682) Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society

Why would anybody consider buying a product that had massive recalls last year? When I saw that, I thought it was ridiculous, and sorry to be blunt, but its your own fault if you bought infected 2015 bourbon county at this point.

Beernerds, TTUJohn, tjmodica and 4 others like this.
  10. tjmodica

tjmodica Pundit (812) Oct 2, 2007 Texas
    Trader

Probably was doing his best WC Fields imitation after people bought those infected beers, Never give a Sucker an even break.

champ103 likes this.
  11. Monkeypuker

Monkeypuker Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2013 Texas

That's assuming the folks who were in line to buy BCBS knew what they're buying. Guys in line in front of me had no clue what the beer was, they were buying for their coworkers, friends etc.

12. TTUJohn

TTUJohn Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2012 Texas

Not to mention that it is pretty ridiculous to purposefully sell a product that was already recalled

wiingman and champ103 like this.
  13. boogercrack

boogercrack Initiate (0) May 24, 2012 Texas

The distributor reps and the beer managers at the different stores were asked over and over again if they were infected beers being sold.

All said directly to the people asking how they were not infected.

Even going as far as claiming bottles were opened and sampled to confirm no infection.

All of which is nothing but subterfuge to move product that's dead inventorymonths after any recourse could be taken for refunds from Goose Island.

To me it seems a very, very suspect business decision by the distributor.

Pretty shitty move to intentionally mislead a customer base buying your luxury consumables. I kind of wonder if Goose Island/ABI would even care though.

14. INWarner413

INWarner413 Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2014 Texas

Because we were offered refunds if it turned out to be defective? The guy seemed to know what he was talking about so I took him at his word. Turns out he is offering a refund out of his own pocket, but is also trying to offer a '16 BCBCS (in lieu of refund) as compensation. I don't care about the $12, so I'm obviously opting for the bottle.

At least he is a standup guy and is trying to make things right. I can't say the same for the rest of their company who sold defective products without refund offers.

Also, I know of at least one store that flat out refused to sell the '15 BCBCS. Guess where I'll be shopping more often.

wiingman likes this.
  15. champ103

Pooh-Bah Society

Sure, trading bottles and all that...fine. Its up to consumers to understand what they are buying though. Just cause Specs put a bottle limit and released 2015 bottles does not mean people have to line up like lemmings. Be smart, tell them it is ridiculous and don't buy those in the first place and maybe this doesn't happen in the future. It is really not a stretch to think that maybe these bottles were not of the highest quality. No matter what Specs, the distributor, or GI said.

Then again, I did not line up for anything and have yet to care to buy any bottles at all. So what do I know? Nobody listen to me.

Also, slow clap for that other store :slight_smile:

16. Monkeypuker

Monkeypuker Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2013 Texas

Now I'm confused whom you're most frustrated with - GI / Specs / distributor or the lemmings in lines!

INWarner413 likes this.
  17. champ103

Pooh-Bah Society

All the above...

Monkeypuker likes this.
  18. Can_has_beer

Can_has_beer Initiate (0) May 14, 2013 Texas

The dude is not a standup guy, he's a dickhead who got caught lying. If he was a standup guy, he would have told you it was shit in the first place.

Beernerds and Monkeypuker like this.
  19. RHMaximus

RHMaximus Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2013 Texas

How can I get in contact with him? Have two bottles (one opened = infected) me and a buddy picked up from HEB Montrose on Friday.

20. Best_Enjoyed_In_Texas

Trader

Regardless of the way anyone feels, I blame the consumer. You knew it was a recalled product, so you purchased at your own risk.

The best defense for your money is being a well-informed and skeptical consumer.

champ103 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.