Manhattan craft beer suggestions

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Streaky, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Streaky

Streaky Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2013 New Jersey

Going to be in Manhattan with the family this weekend...wife and kids are going to a Broadway play and I'm going to grab a few beers with my old man. So I need to figure out a place to go that fits in the route because he's not the type to say "You wanna head over to Brooklyn and hit up Torst? Okay cool!"

So we're probably gonna eat at Carnegie Deli (I hope!) and split up from there. Hotel is in Soho. So it's gotta be along that route. I was thinking Proletariat but it's kinnnda out of the way, and small.

Maybe one of the Rattle & Hums?

Blind Tiger?

My goal is to drink all the Other Half/Grimm I can find and hopefully find a basic ale that my dad will sip as well.

2. dar482

dar482 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,039) Mar 9, 2007 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

Grimm is sparse, so see check in activity to find where it is. https://untappd.com/GrimmArtisanalAles

Blind Tiger is a great choice, just no Other Half and Grimm on currently. Hill Farmstead at least.

3. Megamanmmx

Megamanmmx Initiate (0) Jun 17, 2014 New Jersey

As Is on 50th and 10th is just about 3 blocks from where you'll be having lunch if you're at Carnegie Deli. Great spot, quiet, and typically has Grimm and OH options available. (i must sound like i'm on their payroll, i really just love the place and don't get there enough)

4. sholland119

sholland119 Pooh-Bah (2,356) Sep 8, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

We love As Is also. Perhaps One Mile House or Fool's Gold depending on where your hotel is?

5. Streaky

Oh yeah! I was actually there last spring, and definitely got to enjoy some Hill Farmstead and Other Half. I just couldn't remember the name...thanks!

Megamanmmx likes this.
  6. redworld

redworld Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2016 New Jersey

As Is is a 2 block walk from Pony Bar Hell's Kitchen. The lineup tends to fluctuate a bit but they regularly have world class pours. Also green bean tempura. Hit up both places.

7. Streaky

What about near/in Soho?

8. pinyin

pinyin Savant (1,065) Sep 19, 2013 New York

Nearer to Soho, Fool's Gold and Cooper's (Craft and Kitchen). Across the street from one another.

9. JoshVelez

JoshVelez Initiate (0) Mar 23, 2015 New York

One mile house is on Bowery which is very close to soho.

Milk and hops Astor place is a good option, I think soho isn't really ideal for beer, if you venture into the area proletariat is you'll find a couple more options. Good beer augars well and that Mexican restaurant which I hear has a good taplist

Lastly I think the best bar Tap list wise is almost always As is. They almost always have a beer for all the popular styles and typically high quality options for each. Great local ipa's stouts and sours

#9 JoshVelez, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.