Currently on the shelves at Hill Farmstead (November 2016)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RuckIt

RuckIt Pundit (940) Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

Haha thanks guys, just missed the schedule I guess!

NiceBeerCans likes this.
  2. CyriousBeer

CyriousBeer Initiate (0) May 7, 2013 New York

@AutumnBeerLove A few of us are trying to figure out if it is 1pp or no limit on Beyond Good and Evil. See it's 750ml fills only @ "$20 each".

Also, no limit on the maple syrup?

3. Keithengelke

Keithengelke Zealot (556) Jun 23, 2015 Connecticut
    Trader

I think the BGE is 1 pp otherwise why not fill a 2L. That's just my interpretation though would love if it was 2pp at least so I could have one for thanksgiving to share and one for personal consumption that weekend for football

tjohn2401 likes this.
  4. Mr_Abner

Mr_Abner Aspirant (298) Aug 22, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

The list of available beer is insane right now....

tjohn2401 likes this.
  5. WI-Beer-Man

WI-Beer-Man Maven (1,383) May 29, 2014 Wisconsin

4 growlers (750ml) per person on BG&E

woodfinish, RuckIt and tjohn2401 like this.
  6. jason3125

jason3125 Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2014 Vermont
    Trader

How is the line?

7. Jacob007

Jacob007 Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2012 New Hampshire
    Trader

LINE REPORT?

8. makalarch

makalarch Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2011 Pennsylvania

Hello everyone. I haven't been up to Hill since before the new addition now and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a best way to maximize a trip experience, thinking about coming up in mid-December. I'm sure it has been asked before (should I get growlers or fills first and then bottles etc etc etc) so if you could even point me to the right thread or section that would be awesome. Looking forward to it.

9. Gsulliv2

Gsulliv2 Crusader (491) Dec 9, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

I'm sure there will be variations based on different people's preferences but here goes mine:

I usually go to the bottle line immediately and get whatever limited beers theyre offering (this is probably unnecessary but I'd be kicking myself if I missed out on them if they sold out while I was there) I then go over to the growler / tasting room, grab a growler number (deli counter style) and check what cool onsite bottles they have.

An argument could be made that you go right into the growler / tasting room, get your growler number and check the onsite bottles to make sure they don't sell out. AND then you'd also have your growler number faster, you could go in the bottle line - I don't really love doing that because I'm afraid theyll call my number while I'm over there... which isn't a really big deal anyway...

THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!!!

Having said this, if youre going up mid week in mid December, I doubt any of this is remotely important (there probably wont be many people so the order doesn't matter)

makalarch likes this.
  10. Jmonah3

Jmonah3 Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2014 New York

I like to go to the tasting room first to get an onsite offering and grab my growler ticket before heading over to the retail side for my bottles.

All personal preference and honestly can't go wrong either way.

makalarch likes this.
  11. RuckIt

RuckIt Pundit (940) Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

Most days they have a limited number of "special" bottles available for on-site consumption, and these tend to sell out fairly quickly. If you're there at open, I'd highly recommend the tasting room first, then head over to get your bottles to go.

If you're worried about bottles selling out before you get over to the second building, just know that they've done a fantastic job setting limits to make things last into Saturday or beyond. The only things that may run out will be from previous weeks' releases, but the crew there will gladly tell you if anything is running low.

Have fun!

woodfinish and SadMachine like this.
  12. makalarch

makalarch Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2011 Pennsylvania

Awesome, thanks everyone, really appreciate it and I hope it works out.

13. SadMachine

SadMachine Pooh-Bah (2,976) Mar 14, 2011 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

@AutumnBeerLove I was just wondering if you could provide some idea of how far into the week BG&E is expected to last. I am considering making the drive up this week, but am not sure if I can wait to Friday or Saturday, or if I need to get up there Wednesday or Thursday if I want to get BG&E fills. Obviously nothing is ever guaranteed with stuff like this, but even a guestimate would be appreciated!
    Cheers!

akukucka and happyreefer like this.
  14. mobius387

mobius387 Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2010 Wisconsin

If you show up early and you're nice, the employees may hint at what's availble for on site.

They may F with you too, no guarantees :wink:

15. jmogator

jmogator Aspirant (229) Jun 20, 2011 Massachusetts

Anyone want to do an experiment for me? Cellar your BG&E for a few months and see if it explodes. I have a feeling they added maple syrup during kegging.

16. AutumnBeerLove

AutumnBeerLove Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2010 Vermont

BG&E es no mas.

17. pirate99gs

pirate99gs Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2014 Canada (QC)

Chances Double Galaxy holds on till Friday?

18. SadMachine

SadMachine Pooh-Bah (2,976) Mar 14, 2011 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

That makes the fact that I had to go down to NC for Thanksgiving with my future in-laws even worse! I would have driven up last Friday had I been home =(

19. ThunderChunk

ThunderChunk Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2011 Pennsylvania

Will the current bottle list last until Friday? Looks like they sold through a lot the past few weeks.

20. AutumnBeerLove

AutumnBeerLove Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2010 Vermont

Good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.