Hardywood KCM

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by crow121, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2012 Virginia

Hopefully they will anounce the bottle count. Check their facebook the day before. If it is around 5000 you should be able to go later and still get it. At the trickery release wait was around 10 minutes at 4:30.

ShabamJenkins likes this.
  2. c64person

c64person Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2010 Michigan

And with Trickery at least, I remember it lasted at least into Sunday if not longer.

3. ShabamJenkins

ShabamJenkins Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2015 North Carolina

That's perfect. I don't mind a little line as long as it's within reason. A 15 minute line isn't anything. I was more worried about having to wait around for ~1 hour or more. Hopefully when we hear the bottle count it won't trash my plans.

4. beernuts

beernuts Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2014 Virginia

Has Hardywood ever announced a bottle count for anything?

5. ipas-for-life

They did for this years Trickery

6. Shilt

Shilt Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2011 Virginia

I don't remember exactly, but I think they upped the limits for KCM last year last minute to six bottles or a case per person. They have been pretty consistent about keeping limits recently, so at 4 per, and even with the same yield as last year, there's much more to go around.

7. TomCat11

TomCat11 Pooh-Bah (2,062) Jul 21, 2012 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

it was 6pp last year. Even with the reduction to 4pp I am thinking (hoping) it's less hectic since this is not a double release since there is no AB. That being said, I was one who said last year show up a\t 4/5 and lines will have died down and there will be bottles to go around. I'm really just hoping it lasts the weekend so I can grab a couple bottles on the Tues after release.

8. beernuts

beernuts Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2014 Virginia

That's cool, that was always my biggest gripe with their releases (on their end, anyway), it seemed like they wanted people to think the beers were more limited than they were.

9. ipas-for-life

Yeah I like how Veil does it. They are very up front with their customers by releasing the counts everyday. You can usually know if you have to go to the brewery that day to get what you want or can wait another day. Hopefully they continue to do so as long as they are selling out every week.

10. Riff

Riff Initiate (0) May 12, 2016 Virginia

Just to update this, if you're coming by next weekend they most likely won't have Rum GBS on hand. I was there a couple of hours ago and they were down to a half case of it. Had a few cases of Bourbon GBS.

11. JimBrody

JimBrody Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2015 Maryland

Anyone have an idea what bottles of KCM typically cost?

12. TomCat11

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

All of their Barrel Series should be priced the same so whatever Rum and Bourbon was is likely to be the same for Kentucky. I think brewery cost will be just under $14 after tax or somewhere around there.

JimBrody likes this.
  13. TomCat11

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

If anyone is wondering, at least going into today's (TUESDAY) opening the brewery still has bottles of GBS, Bourbon GBS, Rum GBS and Christmas Morning.

Riff, CavemanRamblin and montman like this.
  14. TomCat11

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

HW Just posted some information

·There is a 4 bottle limit per person per transaction. Bottle limit is FIRM while supplies last.

·Please respect each other if/as any potential line begins to form. ·Don't cut the line. Just don't do that. Our staff will not be on site until 10am. Bathrooms will be opened at 10am.

·Out of respect for those who choose to arrive early, we will hand out tickets to the first 500 guests at 12:30PM. Our staff will be working hard to prepare for the day prior to 12:30PM.

·After the 500th ticket has been redeemed, bottle sales will continue on a first come, first served basis while supplies last.

·We do not know how many guests to expect, nor do we know when the first guest will arrive. But we're excited to find out!

·ONLY Hardywood beer purchased on site is permitted on our grounds. No trading will be permitted on site. ABC rules.

·Kentucky Christmas Morning bottle & draft sales will begin when we open for business at 1PM.

·Ticket holders: you must be in chronological order at the time your number is called or your number will be skipped & voided.

·You may get back in line AFTER you've redeemed your ticket. No guest will be permitted to hold more than one ticket at a time.

·We will move forward with these plans for Saturday come rain or come shine.

·We have a small staff of wonderful, dedicated people who will be serving a high volume of guests as quickly and efficiently as possible.

·Please be nice to them. They deserve nothing less.

We cannot say thank you enough to everyone who is planning to join us for this release from near and far. We will be working very hard to make this the best day we possibly can. Sugar Shack Donuts will be on site with treats at 10AM! Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!

Riff likes this.
  15. c64person

500 tickets? Did they make a lot or, is this to just a way to spread the love? I think Trickery maxed out at 400 tickets, but could be wrong.

Did anyone hear a bottle count yet? It was just slightly frustrating to line up at 10a for Trickery when you could show up at 4p and get multiple allotments. (Zero complaints about easy lines at 4 though!)

16. TomCat11

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Correct on Trickery. They handed out tickers to the first 400 people first and the total count was 5,800 bottle at a limit of 4pp. Not sure when they sold out but I showed up on Sunday and got bottles no problem.

See the very first bullet point for bottle count. (They will announce that Friday)

That lining up early is just the game you play. Sometimes those early line goers reap the rewards while those who can pop in later in the evening (or even Sunday) can stroll right up and grab bottles with minimal wait. The benefit of the folks who line up early is they can grab another number / get back in line as soon as they get bottles the first go round if they fell like gobbling up more (I'm not a fan of those types). Take the announced limit and leave bottles for others.

My plan is as it always has been and that is to show up Tuesday hoping they have bottles left so don't buy them all this weekend! :slight_smile:

17. ipas-for-life

I think the main purpose of the tickets is to keep people from cutting in line. Lets say Trickery was 400 tickets. Those 400 tickets accounted for less then 1/3 of the actual bottles available.

18. c64person

I do agree with that, it did seem to keep some of the line cutting to a minimum. I would say it might be helpful is if Hardywood would be able to clearly mark out how folks are supposed to line up. The snaking back and forth and then out onto Ownby Lane is probably less than idea.

19. ipas-for-life

The purpose of the snake line is to keep most of the people on the property so they can drink while they wait. I went for Trickery 2015 and the line went straight back. At least half of the line was off the property. The staff had to patrol the property line stopping people from taking drafts off premise. So where it might seem like a cluster f it is a win/win.

It does seem like they could use more of the front space to better organize the line but I guess they want to keep that open for people to be able to hang out after buying bottles which makes sence.

20. oldn00b

oldn00b Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2015 Virginia

Unless there is something I'm missing, I don't see a way this deviates greatly from Trickery. Last year's s&*%show for KY Xmas was 1) double release 2) 6 bottle limit on each and 3) 1/2 of KY Xmas went to distribution so there were only about 2500 bottles of that to go around. People came from all over to get a case where they won't for just 4 bottles.

The changes here are in line with Trickery's release. I think it is very likely that there will be a good amount of KY Xmas left on Sunday, past that who knows (I think Trickery ran out Sunday, yes?).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.