Equilibrium Brewery

Discussion in 'New England' started by IDONTWANAPICKLE, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taestee

taestee Initiate (0) Dec 12, 2012 New York

Anyone planning to head over to WF Columbus Circle for MC2 dont bother... it's out and they havent updated their beermenus.

Struck out here and at M&H Chelsea. Anyone aware of it on tap someplace else in the city?

Pretty crazy what one thread on BA can do for a beer....

2. KingforaDay

KingforaDay Pooh-Bah (2,421) Aug 5, 2010 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Also very amusing how so many people knew about this Brewery but kept it under wraps.
    So much for Beer Advocacy! :rolling_eyes:
    I had never heard of them myself but definitely looking forward to trying some of their beers.

3. krandles

krandles Initiate (151) Oct 1, 2015 New York

The Well has it (tapped yesterday I think) but they're closed tonight for a film shoot.

4. ingchr1

ingchr1 Zealot (560) Jun 4, 2008 New York

Yeah, for the whole month or two since their first batch has been out. The nerve of some people!

Let's advocate, but not over hype to the point of hour(s) long lines and lawn chairs out of the gate. I mean their tap room isn't even open yet.

I'm local and haven't had the chance to try them myself.

5. SeanEDPBK

SeanEDPBK Zealot (729) Jun 8, 2016 New York

Drinking Mmm...Osa and everytime I burp is like I ate an orange. Tastes great too!

taestee likes this.
  6. kthoag

kthoag Initiate (0) May 21, 2012 New York

Had Fractal at Gold Star and it was wonderful! Mosaic juice.

UnionBeerDist and SeanEDPBK like this.
  7. taestee

Was sitting at City Hops with a MC2 and pretty much everyone that came in over the course of an hour was looking for MC2. I'm sure some of it is word of mouth, but I bet this thread has played a large part in MC2 tapping out all over the city

8. SeanEDPBK

While I was at City Hops three growler fills of MC2 were made. Surprisingly, a couple dudes came in and asked about Grimm (sold out) and left. I wasn't sure whether to be grateful or sad about that.

UnionBeerDist likes this.
  9. rozzom

rozzom Pooh-Bah (2,534) Jan 22, 2011 New York
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Just got a growler of Equilibrium Mmm...Osa (fucking annoying name) from there. Excellent stuff.

taestee, ONovoMexicano and SeanEDPBK like this.
  10. taestee

Agree. Was ridiculous when it was super fresh.

rozzom likes this.
  11. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,617) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I doubt it's this thread, seeing as though we're still on page 1: word of mouth, knowledgeable representivatives, juicy FB/IG pics get the job done...

"Our hoppy beers are pretty hazy!"
    [​IMG]

...However, the information presented gives one the impression that they don't just strive for the Haze/Juicy component; they maintain/input quality

dar482 likes this.
  12. JohnnieB71

JohnnieB71 Initiate (0) May 7, 2016 New York

I had my first MC^2 the other day and I was very impressed. Not quite Tree House but damn near.

13. Davidsoul

Davidsoul Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2013 New York

Please stop blowing up the spot.

algebeeric_topology and cavedave like this.
  14. icfpny

icfpny Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2015 New York

Too late for that man. The hype train has left the station.

dar482, SeanEDPBK and taestee like this.
  15. Davidsoul

Speaking in general. People should stop saying brewery X is just like some other well established and sought after thing. Why do it to yourself? Why make it more difficult to get beer you like? Unless you are a friend of the brewery and doing it somewhat sketchily, I'll never understand it.

16. SeanEDPBK

Comparisons are a sloppy and lazy way to describe beers/breweries.

That said, I doubt any brewery is opened by people who just want to do OK and serve a small local crowd. Maybe that is a false dichotomy, but when people say they don't want a beer or brewery "hyped" it sure sounds like they want to keep it a secret and avoid problems some of the really popular breweries have faced with releases.

Capable business people will grow their capacity, use this expanded capacity to make more variety and volume of awesome beer for you to consume, all as long as you're willing to deal with the growing pains and be a promoter of them if you like them. In craft beer, our word on here goes a long way in tipping a curious customer into a dedicated drinker.

I found out about Equilibrium because bars starting posting them to Beer Menus and I was curious about them, but the comments here definitely lit a fire under my ass to get out there and try their beers, and I'm definitely telling all my fellow craft beer friends to get on board with these guys.

Cheers to you all, and the brewers at Equilibrium, and an amazing 2017!

wcrager, taestee and Ajulian21 like this.
  17. rozzom

Pooh-Bah Trader

OMFG THEY'RE LIKE TREEHOUSE BUT BETTER

(A year later)

Can't believe all these out of towners are lining up and making it impossible for us local "real" fans who've been loyal since day one to get the beer

18. taestee

And I'll never understand this mindset. Sorry guys, but with social media there are no "secrets" any more.

19. Davidsoul

lol. Really? Amazing argument you got here. If you can't figure out the difference between a brewery having an Instagram account and a bunch of people saying it's the next Treehouse you may need to stop drinking.

20. rozzom

Pooh-Bah Trader

This is totally anecdotal, but I find, using OH for example, that I have a lot of non-nerd craft drinking friends in NYC who are not members of BA, and have probably never heard of Monkish or Treehouse or TG etc, who do follow OH on Instagram - likely under the "cool local consumable shit" reasoning. But people like them are not bridging the info to communities like this one.

I think talking about it on here probably has minimal long term effect. But I think it accelerates things. I know, for instance, that I've heard about lots of hyped up breweries in other parts of the country on here, that I wouldn't have known about otherwise (why I knew about and visited SARA a couple years ago when I was in the area).

So it is probably threads like these that spur some guy in cali to text his NY trade partner and be like "yo heard of these guys?" - and the ball starts rolling.

But you're right. Long term it's a drop in the ocean.

taestee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.