Breweries open Christmas Day in Denver/Metro Denver?

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by Namaste108, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Namaste108

Namaste108 Initiate (0) Sep 14, 2010 Michigan

Quick back story: I'm from Michigan, working in CO and wont be able to go back home for the holidays. I will be spending X-Mas Day on my own. Just wondering if by some chance a brewery will be open that day? Looking at Denver and the metro area. Thanks!

clusterfolk likes this.
  2. PerfectPorter

PerfectPorter Zealot (571) Jul 30, 2010 Oregon

Alpine Dog and TRVE were open on Christmas last year.

Namaste108 likes this.
  3. JakeT469

JakeT469 Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

I went to Trve last year and it was a good time. They played the first Die Hard movie, Gremlins and I think The first Lethal Weapon. If they're open again this year I'll be going for sure.

Namaste108, R3ason and clusterfolk like this.
  4. Namaste108

Awesome! I was thinking possibly out of all breweries in CO, Trve would be the one. What about food options?

5. Namaste108

I see Alpine Dog is open Christmas Day this year. Will be in attendance.

6. SpaceOtter

SpaceOtter Aspirant (233) Jan 8, 2015 Colorado

Brown Palace Hotel has like 3 different restaurants inside it of varying levels of "fanciness" (and varying price points). I believe at least 2 of them stay open Christmas; I remember having dinner at the "cheapest" of them one year and thought it was fine (and I'm pretty picky about dining). Probably want to get a reservation if you go that route. I'd guess it's around 15 blocks to/from Alpine Dog, very walkable if you're in decent shape and the weather is ok, a very short taxi/Uber otherwise.

Namaste108 likes this.
  7. JakeT469

JakeT469 Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2012 Colorado

Trve announced yesterday that they'll be open from 12p-12a on Xmas Eve and 3p-11p on Xmas day. Also, they will be playing Diehard. My friend who works at Ratio says they will be open around 5pm on Xmas day and they'll be open on Xmas Eve as well but not sure about the hours.

Namaste108 likes this.
  8. Domingo

Domingo Grand Pooh-Bah (4,206) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

We did the Brazilian steakhouse (Texas de Brazil) at Stapleton a few years ago and it ended up working out pretty well. If your options are limited, or even if you're just feeling lazy, I'd highly recommend it. Beer-wise, they have Xingu. That isn't a bad beer at all.

Namaste108 likes this.
  9. Namaste108

Appreciate all the input! I'll be heading to Alpine Dog at 12. They have a food truck with mediterranean food, sounds good. Stop by Trve after. Hope to see any of you at either or both places! Happy holidays!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.