Trillium Brewing Company (December 2016)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dental

dental Savant (1,178) Apr 2, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

the only time i've encountered lines at canton is when they're doing a special release or when i've gone on saturdays. you should be in and out since they don't have a whole lot of stuff going on for cans right now.

2. cmurphycode

cmurphycode Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2010 Massachusetts

Holidays have been busier, though.

At normal times, open is often the busiest it gets (barely). But either way, you shouldn't have more than 20 minute wait.

skleice likes this.
  3. Newport_beerguy

Newport_beerguy Pooh-Bah (1,836) Feb 24, 2011 Rhode Island
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Per their facebook feed, Trillium was using overflow parking and had a ~15 minute in the mid-afternoon yesterday. But I doubt there have been lines at opening since the last major release, even then since the drops are announced the same day there is usually a lag before the crowd builds.

4. Hammerhead79

Hammerhead79 Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2015 Massachusetts

Pipsqueak Penguin today a new addition to the small bird series, case limit.

skleice likes this.
  5. barroomhero1977

barroomhero1977 Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2010 Rhode Island

Nelson and El Dorado.... Yes please!

jhavs likes this.
  6. BucketsB

BucketsB Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2011 Massachusetts

Fort Point relocation: http://www.trilliumbrewing.com/trillium-news/aletterfromesther

As we celebrate the anniversary of our first year in Canton and look forward to a new year, I'm beyond thrilled to share that we have another expansion in process. We are working on plans to relocate our Boston brewery!

More details will come, but we have a new space under agreement in our Fort Point neighborhood. For now let's just say that there will be more of everything: more beer, (way) more space, and more fun (but still no dedicated parking...sorry, just not possible in downtown Boston).

woodfinish, jhavs and MarkJC1018 like this.
  7. LukieBL

LukieBL Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2015 Massachusetts

Wonder if they will completely get rid of 369 or keep it in some fashion.

Relocate sounds like the current space will be gone

8. kinopio

kinopio Savant (1,013) Apr 30, 2009 Massachusetts

Some sort of tasting room would be great. Glad they are staying in Fort Point. Its a fun neighborhood that is very convenient for many people.

9. abagofit

abagofit Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2014 Massachusetts

woodfinish likes this.
  10. Jmr85

Jmr85 Pundit (780) Nov 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Possibly a farm in CT? I know plenty of farm land available in ct

smutty33 likes this.
  11. Jonathan-Dixon

Jonathan-Dixon Initiate (0) Apr 10, 2016 Maine

I would rather see perfected consistency in the beers, better printed cans, etc than more expansion. I suppose its a different type of effort though and may not overlap. Love Trillium, good luck!

12. Rysk22

Rysk22 Savant (1,228) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

In my opinion, there really haven't been that many quality issues. Yes there have been a few, but I think the frequency of them has been blown way out of proportion.

jlordi12 likes this.
  13. KevTurnersBootburn

KevTurnersBootburn Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2014 Massachusetts

Did I just read correctly that a "better printed can" is a concern for someone? This forum never ceases to amaze me.

14. abagofit

abagofit Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2014 Massachusetts

Seriously...I like how the cans look.

And quality issues? Really? 99% of everything I've ever had from Trillium was perfection.

infectedlobster likes this.
  15. Skwalk47

Skwalk47 Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2010 Massachusetts

A tasting room in Boston is going to be awesome.

jlordi12 likes this.
  16. mschofield

mschofield Pooh-Bah (1,847) Oct 16, 2002 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

17. oldbean

oldbean Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

Ok, now I'm excited. I do wonder why the current FP brewery was never really used for this purpose though. Lagering tanks aside, they could certainly have done small batch/experimental stuff there, which they haven't, or at least a minimal amount of it.

18. kinopio

kinopio Savant (1,013) Apr 30, 2009 Massachusetts

Noozle and AirBob like this.
  19. BltByKrmn

BltByKrmn Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2013 New York

Today was my first trip to Trillium and I dragged my wife, daughter, brother, sister in law and niece. Everyone had a great time including my dog and lines were very short.

Beer wise this is far and away the best I've ever had. I don't know why people wait in crazy lines at Tree House when Trillium is crushing their beers with a pretty much nonexistent wait.

20. jlordi12

jlordi12 Pooh-Bah (1,844) Jun 8, 2011 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Have you had TH beers? I'm curious cause I posed a question on the TH thread about waiting 2 hours for a beer similar in quality

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.