Plan Bee - Boston Hive

Discussion in 'New England' started by calise1122, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammerhead79

Hammerhead79 Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2015 Massachusetts

you are correct.

2. Im4jojo

Im4jojo Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2016 Massachusetts

I just learned about Crafted from reading this. It sounds like a great place and it's only 30 minutes from me. Road Trip!

3. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Its a great store and has a lot of nice beers that move quickly at some of the bigger craft stores. The owner is a cool guy too

4. DonFrap

DonFrap Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2011 Massachusetts

I live in Holliston, can definitely vouch that crafted is a great store, with a super nice and knowledgeable owner.

I didn't join the hive because of the six bottle commitment, tough to commit to that amount of beer solo every month!

5. MosaicDrops

MosaicDrops Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2014 New York

I'd be curious to know the churn on Hive members. I did the first round but dropped out for the very same reason as you. While I enjoyed most of their beers, there were quite a few misses that make it tough for me to commit.

It will be interesting to see if Evan and Emily consider redesigning the membership structure.

6. mwginnh

mwginnh Initiate (0) Aug 27, 2010 Massachusetts

That's very interesting. I would have thought that beers are required to be sold to stores through a distributor in MA and any type of store to store transfer would be a violation. Pretty sure I had read Plan B was using a distributor to get their beer out to Crafted for the Hive, so maybe they are just using the same distributor and sending their beer to a few stores instead of continuing the Hive.

7. Hammerhead79

Hammerhead79 Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2015 Massachusetts

They are only looking to distribute Barn beer in MA hopefully starting in Feb. The bottles seen in other shops is the leftovers just being Redistributed.

8. MyIronLung

MyIronLung Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2011 Massachusetts

Its sold through Craft Collective... Same guys who bring in Finback, Idle Hands, Singlecut, etc.

9. Janeinma

Janeinma Initiate (0) May 24, 2009 Massachusetts

I do wish they had a one bottle commitment, we have no issue paying in advance or even driving down to collect them but coming back with 36 bottles does mean we are a little backed up. I didn't consider any bottles a miss though not so very enamoured with Beets or pickle.

10. mwginnh

I thought about picking up one of those last time I was in Crafted, glad I didn't drop the $20 now. So far the only one I've drank is Royal Jelly and I though it was outstanding.

11. Janeinma

Janeinma Initiate (0) May 24, 2009 Massachusetts

tbh we havent drunk the beets its the idea that freaks me, pickle is VERY VERY weird...

12. mwginnh

The person at Crafted (not sure if it was the owner or not) told me the beet one was good, but that you have to really like beets.

13. zman_

zman_ Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2015 Massachusetts

I'm not a huge fan or hater of beets but I thought it was solid, pretty light and refreshing.

Unlike some others, I like trying the somewhat weird bottles (although pepper is terrifying...) as an opportunity to expand my palate and interests

14. mwginnh

Did you try their Pickle beer?

15. zman_

zman_ Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2015 Massachusetts

Not yet, a friend had one of the bottles and said it was good. It's on the list to try

16. kmo1030

kmo1030 Maven (1,290) May 22, 2003 Massachusetts

To anyone interested, there are currently 15 Plan Bee beers on the shelf at Crafted. Also, leftovers from the December share will hit the shelf mid Jan.

17. mwginnh

They go on the shelf after 45 days, so wouldn't it be Nov share coming mid Jan and Dec share coming mid Feb?

18. kmo1030

It's 45 days from initial release. December was released Dec 1st, hence mid Jan.

19. mwginnh

Ahh, got it. Any idea what the Dec release included for beers?

20. kmo1030

December was Red Currant, Black Currant, Peppers (Hot).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.