Grimm Artisanal Ales (January 2017)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by NiceBeerCans, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterplanman

masterplanman Initiate (0) Sep 12, 2016 New York

Would you mind explaining why? I know there are marketing aspects of brewers avoiding 12 oz packaging to separate themselves from the big companies all doing 12 oz stuff but I feel like the beer will get recognition regardless of packaging as long as it is delicious

2. scoko

scoko Initiate (0) Mar 16, 2016 New York
    Trader

No friends and family into craft beer (life is tough) so I always prefer the 12oz stouts (love me some prairie). Prefer paying more per ounce then more overall for the bigger bottles. That being said, if it's good I will buy it regardless of size.

yossle and algebeeric_topology like this.
  3. Grimm_Artisanal_Ales

Grimm_Artisanal_Ales Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2015 New York

I guess the 12oz packaging just looks really "standard" or "macro." I hear what you guys are saying though when it comes to single servings of the really alcoholic beers. I think we'd be more likely to do 500ml bottles or 10oz bottles just because they look cooler. We have limited choices with the mobile bottler we work with currently though.

That being said the bottles Prairie uses look pretty good... We could look into our options with our mobile bottler and see if there is a cool looking bottle that can work with his bottling line. Thanks for letting us know that a single serve bottle is something that folks would enjoy.

#143 Grimm_Artisanal_Ales, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  4. taestee

taestee Initiate (0) Dec 12, 2012 New York

Excited to see where you guys end up on this.

Like others I would probably be more inclined to buy a 4-pack of 12oz bottles for $25 over a 22oz bomber for $15. Not sure how that'd work out for you guys economically though.

5. TagoMago

TagoMago Initiate (0) May 31, 2003 New York

Smaller bottles would be ideal for the really big beers. I know drinking a 22 oz. bottle of Sumi Ink kind of kicked my ass.

Xerlic likes this.
  6. tynian16

tynian16 Zealot (746) Oct 23, 2015 New York

Completely agree! Not everything is a bottle share and 22 ounces of over 10% ABV is always a challenge.

7. TagoMago

And speaking of big beers, I was wondering if there are any plans for a Grimm barleywine in the works? To my knowledge, this is one style you guys haven't done yet, and I would be certainly interested to try it if you ever decide on making one.

NewmansOwn likes this.
  8. Grimm_Artisanal_Ales

Grimm_Artisanal_Ales Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2015 New York

@TagoMago it has been discussed, we were very close to turning the sumi ink barrels over to a second use for a BA barleywine, but we ended up plowing them into the barrel aged sour program instead. definitely something we'd like to do though.

9. NewmansOwn

NewmansOwn Initiate (0) Jun 25, 2016 New York

I would buy cases of a Grimm BA Barleywine.

algebeeric_topology likes this.
  10. TagoMago

I would buy cases of Grimm anything if I could.

11. redworld

redworld Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2016 New Jersey

Sumi Zest and Color Field available at the WF57 cheese counter if anyone is interested.

12. BiaSongThan

BiaSongThan Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2014 New York

Did WF Chelsea ever get cans of in mid air?

13. orangebarius

orangebarius Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2015 New Jersey

union sq whole foods still has both bottles behind the cheese counter as of today. bowery and tribeca whole foods still have the sour as of yesterday.

14. prettygood

prettygood Initiate (0) May 27, 2016 New York

I haven't been back, but I doubt they got a second delivery since Friday that included cans this week.

My brother went to the ues wf and they too only got bottles.

I was able to snag a couple cans eventually and In Mid-Air is one of their better ipas, but Color Field is equally one their better sours. I know a previous version of this was done before, but it's cool to see something more like the recent kegged sours end up in bottles. #dontsleeponthesours

danjsnyder and BiaSongThan like this.
  15. Xerlic

Xerlic Maven (1,374) Aug 26, 2016 New York
    Trader

Do you know if they ever got In Mid Air? I was just there on Wednesday and the cheese counter guy told me he was getting Grimm Thursday (so yesterday) which I assumed included In Mid Air.

16. njcraftfan

njcraftfan Zealot (684) Dec 18, 2016 New Jersey

just went to Columbus circle WF... no sumi zest or color field, but did have a bunch of Bourbon County stout on the shelf!

17. MosaicDrops

MosaicDrops Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2014 New York

Are Skyspace and Blackberry Orange Pop still slated for a January release?

kthoag likes this.
  18. redworld

redworld Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2016 New Jersey

I asked about In Mid-Air cans yesterday and they said they hadn't gotten them in. I didn't press as to whether they hadn't gotten them in yet or if they just wouldn't be getting them altogether.

19. Xerlic

Xerlic Maven (1,374) Aug 26, 2016 New York
    Trader

I was just there and asked the woman behind the counter. She had no idea what I was talking about. :slight_frown: Guess I'm missing out on another Grimm can. At least I got a bottle each of Sumi Zest and Color Field.

20. xmattxyzx

xmattxyzx Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2016 New York

Whimsical distribution!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.