Central Waters Releases and Updates (2018)

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by WI-Beer-Man, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBD

OBD Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2014 Wisconsin

This didn't really happen last year. I mostly ended up corresponding with people directly.

It is definitely about time to start talking about it.. I'm going to be with a group of 4 or 5 at La Quinta. This is right across the street from the Econolodge in SP.
    We are staying both Friday and Saturday night, and would be happy to share with anyone interested. Will be bringing some nice sours/wilds/lambics for Friday for sure, along with some heavier stuff for both night.
    **No one should feel like they have to bring whales to join in!**

Last year we met a huge group from MKE as well as a bunch of other folks in the lobby on Saturday night, and the LQ staff was completely fine with the party going late.. it was a blast.

Send a message or reply here if you're interested in sharing this year on either night!

DLDlulz likes this.
  2. Number1Framer

Number1Framer Pundit (896) Mar 13, 2016 Wisconsin
    Trader

Can I throw in for Saturday on a non-committal basis? I'll bring bottles just in case, but if I get my ass kicked at the party I may just have to turn in early. Lol.

OBD likes this.
  3. mykey120

mykey120 Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2012 Wisconsin

Yeah, I'm not sure if I will be able to make it to a Saturday night share but I am down for a share on Friday. I'll be at the Econolodge across from La Quinta.

OBD likes this.
  4. atone315

atone315 Initiate (0) Oct 8, 2008 Wisconsin

Quick update on BBBW....it will NOT be available until late Mar/early April.

5. BasterdInABasket

BasterdInABasket Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2010 Wisconsin

Heard the same thing, bit of a delay for BBBW. Rye Chocolate Porter will be out before then as concolation

Number1Framer and flat_lander like this.
  6. TboneRN

TboneRN Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2014 Minnesota

Maybe a 2 year variant!? Or at least some extra age on it!

7. nmoe

nmoe Crusader (486) Dec 18, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

If anyone else is at Comfort Suites or Baymont Inn, Country Inn, Days Inn across the street let me know if you are interested in a share. I can call Comfort Suites and confirm we can use their breakfast/dinning space that evening. A DM or post both works.

We have 4 people in our group with 3 tickets so we will likely be heading back and starting the share early.

8. Lansman

Lansman Savant (1,104) Mar 19, 2011 Missouri
    Trader

Can you cite your source on this? Can't seem to find anything from CW confirming or denying.

9. atone315

Central Waters themselves.

10. atone315

Honestly, I preferred it when it only sat in the barrel for 6 months...but, too each their own.

Hendrick24 likes this.
  11. Lansman

Trader

So, word-of-mouth? As in, you spoke with someone and they let slip that BBBW isn't going to be ready? Or, alternatively, this was said somewhere on social media?

FBarber and bloatednemesis like this.
  12. atone315

There was no slipping, I asked them if it would be out by the ANNY party, they said No....it would be out early April/late March.

13. atone315

FWIW, I usually dont post the typical internet BS. Hence, my post count is a bit lower than most.

14. Lansman

Trader

To be clear, wasn't 'calling you out' just trying to find some verification that this is the case. I am a huge fan of CW BBBW and one of the huge benefits for driving up to Amherst for the Ann'y Party is to stock up on the stuff year after year. Not having that option is a big bummer.

atone315 likes this.
  15. bwelch21

bwelch21 Initiate (0) Nov 5, 2014 Wisconsin

Packaging for 19 just posted on Twitter:

[​IMG]

16. yepbye2

yepbye2 Crusader (411) Feb 23, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

Agreed. I do the same thing. This year we may have to settle for cases of Peruvian Morning instead..... god willing.

Makubex and cl3 like this.
  17. Angerhaus

Angerhaus Pooh-Bah (1,946) Oct 1, 2015 Rhode Island
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Nice label this year.

GuyFawkes likes this.
  18. Neverdie7

Neverdie7 Zealot (510) Jun 7, 2008 Wisconsin

No word on this even being bottled man. We're all waiting on it up here for 2 years now.

19. Jonl0424

Jonl0424 Zealot (501) May 23, 2015 Michigan

Saw wixom liquor, shores canteen and 8 degrees all offer it today

theonegman likes this.
  20. bound4er

bound4er Maven (1,347) Jul 4, 2007 Wisconsin

I had glass of BBBW from tap at the brewery this past Saturday. Maybe it was last year's version or barrels are available but not bottles? Regardless - it tasted fantastic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.