The Veil Brewing - Richmond

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Arsenal_MC, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomCat11

TomCat11 Pooh-Bah (2,062) Jul 21, 2012 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Veil just posted what Trillium is bringing down for the event.
    -Double Dry Hopped A Street, IPA, 7.2%
    -Dialed In w/ Chardonnay & Gewürztraminer Juice, Double IPA. 8.5%
    -Fort Point, Pale Ale, 6.6%
    -Permutation 5: Galaxy Dry Hopped Sour Wheat Ale, 5.0%
    -Permutation 7: Raspberry Sour Wheat Ale, 5.0%
    -Trillium, Wild Farmhouse, 7.0%

We will be releasing info on what we will be serving that day too. Should be a rad time! Share with your friends!

2. TomCat11

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Today's (THURS) availability. I feel confident that Dreamless will definitely make the weekend. The Fakes may make it with very little left going into Saturday.

3. BMitch

BMitch Crusader (447) Jul 10, 2012 Virginia

Do you know if this is a ticketed event, or just show up and have a good time?

4. TomCat11

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Show up and have a good time. No tickets needed. When they did the event with Oxbow in November I think it went off without a hitch and most of the beers they brought lasted the length of the event. Below are full details from their fb page.

Starting at 12pm when we open doors, we will be pouring 9 beers on draft from Trillium and some very special beers from us. We will announce the draft list from both breweries as we get closer. The Trillium team will be around hanging out all day too, so make sure you say sup.

For this special occasion, we decided to bring back the boiz from Maine at The High Roller Lobster Co to murder us with their inventive and classic lobster/seafood creations. They are bringing twice as much Lobster as last time, so don't freak out.

Like last Tasting Room Remix, we will have DJ sets all day from BillyCrystalfingers, Chenchilla, DJ El Capone, DJ Ant Boogz, and DJ Mom(Baxter from High Roller). We will also be hosting our first ever live music performance. Our friend and local hip-hop artist Chance Fischer will be turning things up to finish out the night.

It's going to be straight lit! So come through and try some rad beers from Trillium on draft and some cool limited beers from us Veilians.

Open 12pm-12am for this day. No cover. No tickets. Just awesome beer, food, and jamz all dang day!

BMitch likes this.
  5. beernuts

beernuts Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2014 Virginia

Just be ready for the largest clusterfuck of beer nerds in Richmond history.

oldn00b and dsigmon like this.
  6. TomCat11

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

What's left going into today. With how sales have been the 2nd half of the week I can easily see cans remaining on Sunday.

7. Shilt

Shilt Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2011 Virginia

Possibly. But no worse than a beer release at Hardywood for GBS, Trickery, etc. I'd argue those might even be worse since you are getting the beer geeks and non- beer geeks.

The Oxbow event went really well, and yes, they aren't as big a name as Trillium to most beer geeks. Still, from what I heard, most of these Trillium kegs are half barrells. So while they will likely kick that day, I wouldn't think most would kick within an hour or so. Also, High Roller Lobster Co. is the real deal. I'm almost more excited they are coming back with fresh maine lobster rolls.

8. beernuts

Yeah I think they'll have enough beer that you should be able to get a pour of something for at least most of the day, but waits will be long. There's only so many people they can serve at once from behind that bar. I'm sure its going to be great though, I would definitely go if I didn't have to spend every weekend from now through April studying for my licensing exam D:

9. Riff

Riff Initiate (0) May 12, 2016 Virginia

For anyone who missed out on taking Hornswoggler home, they have a little surprise for today. From their Facebook page:

Also! We have a surprise for y'all! [​IMG] Since we are getting bombarded with requests for Hornswoggler Chocolate Milk Stout with Oreos after Tuesday's can release sell out, we decided to package a small amount in crowlers. This will be the last chance to take home Hornswoggler with Oreos until we make it again(which could be months from now). We will begin selling them tomorrow(Saturday January 28th) at 12pm when we open for service. We only filled 30 crowlers. They will be $13+tax/32oz crowler. 1 per person. We expect them to sell out very fast. No holds. No advance purchases. No shipping.

10. oldn00b

oldn00b Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2015 Virginia

I think the thing I have enjoyed most about Horneos is how far it's reached - sites with pretty huge readerships like Delish have posted about it, localish news channels "reported" on it etc. Some of the comments have been delightful as well.

Watch out next time they make this though, I bet that release will be interesting.

11. mblackie

mblackie Devotee (336) Sep 19, 2010 California

I agree it'll probably be a cluster, but just from the quality of the beer alone, I don't think it deserves that kind of reaction. It was a good beer and an interesting concept, but not life changing.

bushycook likes this.
  12. PaleCale

PaleCale Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2014 North Carolina
    Trader

Yeah, it made Cosmopolitan and Marie Claire of all places. Nice to get more women drinking craft beer instead of spiked seltzer.

13. RKP1967

RKP1967 Savant (1,126) Sep 26, 2010 Virginia

Likely coming down from NoVA, and it's the return of High Roller that sold my wife on making the trip down. :grinning:

Gumbo_gravy likes this.
  14. TomCat11

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Tomorrow's releases...
    We Ded Mon is the natural progression in our Broz series. You start off with a nice little Broz Day Off(IPA), which leads into a Broz Night Out(DIPA), that ultimately reaches a point that We Ded Mon(TIPA). Clocking in at 11%, we hopped this triple IPA just like the rest of the series with 100% Citra hops. We are thinking that we might back off of making Triple IPAs for a while, so if TIPAs are your jam, make sure you grab some of these. Shooting for approx 190-210 cases. $17+tax/4-pack. 2x cases per person limit. *LIMITS SUBJECT TO CHANGE*

Master Shredder is our beloved 5.5% IPA. This one is a staff favorite and is super crushable. Probably the most hazy batch of Shredder we've ever released. Standard Master Shredder might not be returning for another month or two, so grab it while you can. Shooting for approx 185-210 cases. $14+tax/4-pack. 2x cases per person limit. *LIMITS SUBJECT TO CHANGE*

Whatever cans of Dreamless(4%-unspiced Witbier) we have left from tonight, will also be available for purchase on Tuesday at NO LIMIT.

We have plenty of Master Shredder glasses, so make sure you pick some proper glassware up when you grab some cans!

We should have purple ink house glasses available too.

I'm curious to know how so many non-beer publications across the country caught wind of Horneos. Even saw posts of it getting on local news on Chicago and several big name radio shows. Don't get me wrong it's great for the brewery and will get a lot (more) buzz going but my first thought when I started seeing stories all over the place was like the marketing team from one of these large beer conglomerates just blasting a story of their newest gimmick beer out to anyone and everyone hoping to get the publicity. Again, not saying veil did this but interesting out of all the releases they have done Horneos just caught someone and it spread like wildfire so quick in the media.

Riff likes this.
  15. beernuts

I think instead of a marketing blast by The Veil, its much more telling of how connected media outlets are, and how they likely all basically buy their news from the same source. That source decides Oreo beer is a fun story, and all of the sudden its everywhere.

oldn00b likes this.
  16. ElijahSF

ElijahSF Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2013 California

Congrats to Veil on being voted the third best new brewery in the world and best new brewery in VA at the RateBeer festival.

17. Riff

Riff Initiate (0) May 12, 2016 Virginia

High limits this week...

18. montman

montman Maven (1,410) Mar 10, 2009 Virginia
    Trader

I guess triple IPA's are someone's jam, but three weeks in a row of +10% IPAs are more than enough for me. Guess I am getting old.

daveafrank likes this.
  19. daveafrank

daveafrank Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2015 North Carolina
    Trader

Finally...

montman likes this.
  20. beernuts

Agreed, I was thinking about coming down for this release, as I love Master Shredder, but I had a pour of We Ded Mon the last time they made it and I thought it was undrinkable for my tastes. I'm still
    thinking about coming, but I really wish it was a different beer being released since I don't get to come down often.

montman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.