Magnify Brewing Company, Fairfield, NJ

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by RobDB, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IPAPolice

IPAPolice Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2016 New York

Man, you have the nerve to say that after what just went down in the least few posts? Yeah, I'm the nonsense,

2. DrStiffington

DrStiffington Grand Pooh-Bah (3,586) Oct 27, 2010 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society

With ever post you further prove my point.

LuskusDelph likes this.
  3. IPAPolice

IPAPolice Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2016 New York

I just resent your claim. You've totally glossed over posts where I've acknowledged other people's claims to focus on the extreme ones I had an issue with. This Finback issue is exactly the "nonsense" that is factually inaccurate that I come out against. You think this guy is getting it right? You think it's okay that Sammy's MO is to TRY to find a way to make it true? That is what I am talking about it.

and of course I focus on the beers I like. That is what sane people do.

but I will step off here for a while because I am really not the asshole you paint me as. Cheers.

4. njcraftguy

njcraftguy Savant (1,046) Apr 6, 2015 New Jersey

OK - I've had the chance the try all 3 from the latest release several times now. I'll start with the biggest beer Hype Train. The color and aroma was amazing. I expected and got great flavor up front, the fruit was there and very tasty. The flavor had legs and at first I thought - what burn are people referring to. About 1/2 way through it I did get a slight peppery burn on the very back end. I can't say what it was from and it certainly wasn't strong enough to be offensive but its there.
    I can't decide which was my favorite Peak Oil or Smell ya later as I enjoyed both. Peak Oil was what I expected, a nice slightly juicy IPA that drinks easily. Not a Juice bomb but very smooth - I could see myself putting down many of these. Smell was different but equally enjoyable, the honey was there but very subtle which I prefer - think the coffee in Most important Meal. Def there, but not in your face. Maine Event, Peak of Ripeness and Most Important Meal are still my favorite canned beers from Magnify but the last release was solid as well. I'm probably in the minority here but my favorite has never been canned, it was bottled once - Search Saison is Red Wine barrels is phenomenal.

5. DrStiffington

Pooh-Bah Society

You just don't get it, man. You literally have never let one negative post go unanswered. And as far as @SammyJaxxxx goes, he's bought tons of Magnify beer and has even sent some to me when I've missed releases, we've met in person at a Magnify can release and had a few drinks there. I know he WANTS the beer to be good. He doesn't have some vendetta against them. That shit is all in your head. You really ought to let people have their opinions, even if you think they're full of shit. Let Eric come on here and defend his brewery against "unfair attacks."

LuskusDelph, Mineo, zeuiax and 2 others like this.
  6. dennis3951

dennis3951 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey

That's true but Magnify does seem to have a quality control problem with their canning line and hasn't been able to resolve it.

LuskusDelph, zeuiax, Norexyet and 2 others like this.
  7. Spinner410

Spinner410 Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2010 New Jersey

And I factually dismiss anything you have to say regarding this issue. What I said in an earlier post was not "nonsense". Did you think that they'd confirm or say anything negative in a so-called email to Joe Blow?

8. Dreamer57

Dreamer57 Zealot (661) Apr 13, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

Could you explain in more detail or context what you said about Finback not backing the collab?

9. nesarebad

nesarebad Pooh-Bah (1,804) Feb 4, 2012 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Its not like you are anyone special either, though, so I guess it just cancels out?

10. Spinner410

Spinner410 Initiate (0) Apr 21, 2010 New Jersey

Thanks for your advice oh wise sage of internet rules and regulations.

11. orangebarius

orangebarius Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2015 New Jersey

i was there with him at Finback and this is word for word what the guy behind the counter said.

Spinner410 likes this.
  12. kthoag

kthoag Initiate (0) May 21, 2012 New York

SammyJaxxxx and Dreamer57 like this.
  13. JRGNYR

JRGNYR Initiate (0) Sep 16, 2010 New Jersey

But that's the first they've heard of it.

jerseyjoe555 likes this.
  14. nesarebad

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Does not look like Finback's social media manager was in the loop on the disavowing...

15. RobDB

RobDB Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2009 New Jersey

Wow. I am amazed how this thread has turned into a pissing contest. If you like Magnify's beer, stand in line, buy it and drink it. If you used to like their beer but have had too many bad experiences with inconsistent quality or don't like standing in long lines, buy other local beer that is just as good if not better--Kane, Carton, Other Half, Interboro, Conclave, Singlecut, etc. Wasting all the negative energy and effort to determine who is right or zealously defending or opposing a brewery based upon subjective opinions founded on a person's taste buds or thinking is childish and takes us all back to 5th grade. Everybody needs to put their big boy pants on and agree to disagree. Clogging up this thread with the constant nagging back and forth needs to stop. Is this the Real Housewives of New Jersey or a beer appreciation thread because right now I can't tell. Enjoy beer

16. nesarebad

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Well said...

LuskusDelph and bscottd like this.
  17. DrStiffington

Pooh-Bah Society

To be fair, that was my intention with my comments to IPApolice in the first place (let people have their opinions) but I suppose I did get caught up with the back and forth.

xmattxyzx and techyakker like this.
  18. RobDB

RobDB Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2009 New Jersey

I am not calling fault on anyone. Just saying that it is time for all involved parties to move on from the bickering in the interests of the group as a whole. I think you get the point. Cheers.

19. jerseyjoe555

jerseyjoe555 Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2014 New Jersey

I've had some issues with quality control with magnify so I don't buy their stuff anymore. There are other reasons why I will not support them that are mostly due to actions of the owner. With so many other great local beers I can easily get my hands on I choose to not support them. Again this is my preference.

20. DEdesings57

DEdesings57 Pooh-Bah (2,472) Aug 26, 2012 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

What kind of issues did you experience?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.