KBS Week 2017

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Gumball-head, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KBS

KBS Savant (1,078) Apr 25, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Planning to do the same. However, do you think they sold later for the locals on purpose, or do you think they sold enough tickets to do full allotments and then just sold whatever was leftover from the ticket sales. There will be no leftovers from the ticket sales this year. They could prepackage everything and then send the rest to distro. I would think they purposefully hold some back for taproom release since it lasted into the evening last year, while in past years it would be gone within a couple hours.

2. Tracker83

Tracker83 Maven (1,290) Jun 26, 2012 Michigan
    Trader

This change to the ticketing format makes me think 2 things:
    1) The past few years there must have been an obnoxiously large amount allocations that were never picked up.
    2) Founders probably wants to test a new format in anticipation of a CBS ticket sale breaking the internet later this year.

3. TimfromGR

TimfromGR Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2013 Michigan

With regard to #2, they offered a KBS ticket pre-sale for Mug Club members today, and I'm really hoping they opt to do the same for a possible CBS release, precisely because of the internet Armageddon of which you speak.

craigo19 and goast8127 like this.
  4. craigo19

craigo19 Zealot (673) Oct 12, 2009 Michigan

I love the new format. The price doesn't scare me, because I already have people only wanting half so it helps financially.

5. Willtravelforbeer

Willtravelforbeer Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2013 Michigan

I got my ticket Sunday an hour after tickets went on sale. I sure hope they do tickets for CBS.

6. TrapJaw77

TrapJaw77 Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2015 Illinois

Looking to go mid-week. Been last two years and looking for an eatery with a good selection of beers. Have been to Harmony (great pizza). Any suggestions other than Hop Cat?

7. KBS

KBS Savant (1,078) Apr 25, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

If you want to drive south of town about 10-15 minutes check out Monellis in Wyoming. It has a sports bar side and a family side. Their tap list is usually better than Hopcat. Their web site tap list is usually up to date.

8. TangoJuliet

TangoJuliet Pundit (928) Apr 2, 2014 New York
    Trader

The ticketfly website is a little confusing. Is there a link to buy tickets for pickup of a junior package for Friday? All I see is tuesday 3/7

9. Mattmc1973

Mattmc1973 Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2008 Michigan

Yeah, all the dates were there earlier this week, now 3/7 is the only day listed. I don't really want to go that day, but if it's the only option at 11:00 when tix go on sale I guess I'll have to buy them. Don't want to get shut out.

10. TangoJuliet

Trader

looks like the other dates are up now

11. TangoJuliet

Trader

woot woot!! got mine

12. ClarkstonMark

ClarkstonMark Crusader (491) Feb 21, 2016 Michigan
    Trader

Got mine for the only day I can make it Sunday March 12 Yay!!!

13. TangoJuliet

Trader

wow, sold out

14. craft_shannie

craft_shannie Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2012 Indiana

that was super easy & quick! fourth year in a row for us. grand rapids is our kind of spring break destination!!

TheKlevin likes this.
  15. Donco

Donco Pooh-Bah (1,615) Aug 12, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

So fast! I got my ticket in record time. Much better than past years!
    Only thing better would be if CBS is on tap when I go on Wednesday:rolling_eyes:

kyle86 likes this.
  16. AGirlandHerStout

AGirlandHerStout Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2014 Indiana

Had tickets...then got kicked out because I wasn't logged in. Hit refresh until Friday reopened. Momentary panic, but all turned out well!!

stevegoz and craft_shannie like this.
  17. anth_oh_knee

anth_oh_knee Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2015 Minnesota

Whoop whoop, Saturday tix two years in a row. And that's after I accidentally hit a Wednesday ticket on my computer... good thing we have a control-room of devices trying to get a single ticket lol.

18. AGirlandHerStout

AGirlandHerStout Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2014 Indiana

I still see tickets available......

19. Mattmc1973

Mattmc1973 Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2008 Michigan

Shut out. Even though you can click the plus to get a ticket, you get a message saying sorry, all tickets are in other shopping carts.

20. Prager62

Prager62 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,126) May 7, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

A sketchy process, but scored mine. Keep trying as they seem to just pop up!

stevegoz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.