New Colorado Breweries

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by caboose9, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamgnoth

adamgnoth Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2012 Colorado

I've said it before.....Ironworks is a craphole that is completely unwelcoming...but, I didn't hate the beers the one time I went!

2. Domingo

Domingo Grand Pooh-Bah (4,206) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

I didn't either. It felt like I might get punched or pissed on by Lakewood's finest Uncle Rico wannabes, but I don't recall the beer being bad. That said, it's pretty low on my list of places I need to return to. In fact, it's sandwiched right between Del Norte and the Littleton Hops location. Take that any way you want.

tylerstravis likes this.
  3. CWzach

CWzach Initiate (179) Aug 2, 2016 Colorado

Hey everyone,
    I havn't introduced Cellar West Artisan Ales on BA yet so figured i'd chime in.

We're located in North Boulder, nestled between the foothills and farmland as we like to say, and ferment+mature our beer in oak barrels for several months. We use a house wild yeast culture that we've developed and, as of now, everything is bottle conditioned (naturally conditioned kegs are on the horizon). We opened at the beginning of the year and have a little tasting room adjacent to our barrel cellar that we open to the public on Saturdays and Sundays. Come by sometime and ask for Zach, i'd love to meet ya. You can also find some limited bottles of our stuff around Denver at Small Batch, Mr. B's, etc.

Cheers!

4. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Pooh-Bah (1,813) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

Went to Gilded Goat tonight...

Had the Eldora Pale, a 6%-ish 65 IBU pale using Eldorado hops. Quite enjoyable.. Moved onto the Petrichor IPA and was wishing I had stuck with the former- it was ok, but featured a heavy malt character that seemed to mute the all the hops they put in it. Certainly not bad, but I wouldn't get it again -- seemed more like an English IPA than American (though I don't recall whether they were calling it one or the other). It was far too balanced for an IPA in this day and age IMO.

As we were getting ready to close out, they gave us some of their pineapple pale firkin. This was a nice gesture, but pineapple tends to be a bit too sweet for me in beers so I couldn't finish it -- my buddy loved his though, so different strokes?

They had a bock on nitro that I didn't try because nitro doesn't do it for me, but I'm glad they have one given their namesake. Would love to try it carb'd and should have asked if they normally do so.

Overall, I can see myself going back and look forward to seeing some of the other beers on deck, including a coffee stout and BBA bock. Its a really nice place, open, with plenty of seating and a homey vibe even though its in a strip mall/plaza. Lots of parking, tvs for sports, and friendly service. Can't imagine them not making a good run at things here in Fort Collins, even in as crowded a market as we have.

denver10, MtnSoup and PerfectPorter like this.
  5. ManBearPat

Pooh-Bah Society

Went to Intersect in FoCo yesterday.

Tried their east coast IPA and it reminded me a lot of Superfan.... Its called Tramps Like Us and I could easily see fans of superfan and n00b getting super dick-pumped about it. I had 2 of them along with their imperial stout, which was strong yet balanced and drinkable at 9.6%.

Located in a plaza in more of a neighborhood, the space is large/open though not clearly marked from the outside. They have a rock'n roll shtick thing going where they show you what songs/artists inspired the beers :rolling_eyes: but I don't give a shit- they are making some tasty offerings.

All that said- I'm proud to have crossed 2 of the new breweries in town off my list. Its hard for me to try somewhere new when Equinox, Odell, and Zwei scratch any and all beer itches I may have. I am already looking forward to going back, though, with GG, I'm more going to be going back for the sake of seeing if they've improved. Intersect seems to have hit the ground running though!

tylerstubs, denver10, R3ason and 2 others like this.
  6. Jasonrm72

Jasonrm72 Maven (1,332) Apr 29, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

Was just about to ask about breweries in Estes Park. I don't know how much we'll be drinking after the Whiskey Warm Up, but it's good to know there's something other than just Estes Park Brewing

7. heyduke

heyduke Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2011 Colorado
    Trader

If you haven't checked out Outer Range in Frisco I highly recommend it! Definitely my favorite brewery in Summit county.

8. Steve_0

Steve_0 Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

Does anyone have any information on Rustica Brewing?

http://www.rusticabrewery.com/

They have a Facebook, an entry here on BA, as well as, one on Untappd. They also have 29 reviews on Untappd, but I have never heard of them. It looks like they are located near Declaration, but I am not sure if they have a tasting room. One of their blog post says they have bottles in some liquor stores. Has anyone ever tried anything from them or have any more information?

9. willandperry

willandperry Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2011 Colorado

I saw some bottles at warehouse liquor the past few times I've been. A little pricey so I dident try it. Tried to find info on them and I got the impression they brew somthing like 10 gallons at a time but I could be wrong. Really, I was not able to find much info on them

10. GOciepka

GOciepka Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2013 Colorado

I agree with this, I mean if you like Belgians or hazy IPAs since that's all they do. I'm lucky enough to live in Silverthorne about 5 minutes away from Outer Range so have been there many times already. I'm not into Belgians but being from Maine I love my NE IPAs, and Lee the head brewer has got them down. Not surprising since he worked at Other Half for a bit. They have an all citra IPA called In the Steep and an all mosaic DIPA called Earth Times on right now that keep bringing me back for more!

11. Domingo

Pooh-Bah Society

Cheluna has been a very pleasant surprise on the east side of town. I like their beers a lot and there's a ton of food inside the Stanley Marketplace, too.
    Their Mexican lager and IPA have been some of my favorite new beers of 2017.
    We lost Mu (I don't really care...), but with Cheluna opening and both S26 and Ursula killing it, that area is doing really well.

12. beeeeeeeeeeeer

beeeeeeeeeeeer Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2010 Colorado

Fact.

Fantastic beers. Rustic Ways may be my favorite DIPA in the state. Please is absolutely legit.

13. bfields4

bfields4 Savant (1,147) Dec 11, 2007 Colorado

Just a heads up the Intrepid Sojourner Beer Project is opening on Saturday. Looks like they're experimenting with some interesting indgredients.

925 W. Eighth Ave.
    Denver, Colorado 80204

I think Peak to Peak taproom is also debuting their beers.

kaartman and Domingo like this.
  14. Domingo

Pooh-Bah Society

Yeah, I think Peak to Peak's beers house are on now. I've been slacking off on going in there lately. I think the new food is too "snacky" for my tastes. You can drop $25 and leave hungry.

15. Steve_0

Steve_0 Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

Anybody been to the Intrepid Sojourner Beer Project? Might stop by some time soon, but wanted to know if it was worth checking out.

tylerstravis likes this.
  16. bfields4

bfields4 Savant (1,147) Dec 11, 2007 Colorado

Thought it was OK. Not really my favorite, but worth checking out for some interesting ingredients.

17. wyoming

wyoming Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2007 Wyoming
    Deactivated

What's name of brewery on harmony beside banner hospital .. it's looks new

18. beeeeeeeeeeeer

beeeeeeeeeeeer Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2010 Colorado

DC Oakes.

wyoming likes this.
  19. ManBearPat

Pooh-Bah Society

Haven't tried they beers yet, as they weren't ready yet, but if you can find better fried pickles anywhere please let your boy know.

wyoming likes this.
  20. McNazz

McNazz Savant (1,055) Feb 19, 2013 Colorado

I stopped into Small Batch over the weekend and on my way I noticed that the Grateful Gnome was right around the corner. I knew they were close-ish to that Tennyson neighborhood but I didn't realize they were THAT damn close. They're destined for some good foot traffic with that location, but especially since it's also a sandwich place.

Anyone heard a post-construction snafu update on a possible opening date?

tylerstravis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.