Triple Crossing Brewing Co.

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by Darwensi, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncaudle

ncaudle Initiate (0) May 28, 2010 Virginia

it's one of their main-stay brews

beernuts likes this.
  2. TomCat11

TomCat11 Pooh-Bah (2,062) Jul 21, 2012 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

For anyone who did not see the post and curious about limits / cost tomorrow

3. hoppytobehere

hoppytobehere Pooh-Bah (1,982) Aug 10, 2012 District of Columbia
    Pooh-Bah Society

Surprised they arent lowering limits for that IPA

oldn00b likes this.
  4. TomCat11

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I can see that since Surprise Valley sold out in less than a day and RRR did the following day but I bet they brewed quite a bit only canning a small amount. RRR is even still on draft at both locations. The good thing is Foushee will do Crowler fills once 16oz cans sell through. I would imagine they bring some pre-filled Crowlers to Fulton if it sells through fast. But since The Answer collab is still going strong on draft I would expect Fulton Rising to at least be available on tap a while as well.

oldn00b likes this.
  5. Gumbo_gravy

Gumbo_gravy Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2015 District of Columbia

I really can't believe limits are that high. I won't be able to get there until after dark and I'm worried I might get shut out.

6. mcvick

mcvick Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2010 Virginia

Has anyone been down the Fulton today?

7. kingholmes

kingholmes Devotee (326) Jun 10, 2015 Virginia

My wife is there now. Still have both releases. No line.

8. mblackie

mblackie Devotee (336) Sep 19, 2010 California

Doesn't seem like there was as much of a draw as with the double DIPA/Answer collab a few weeks back. I was there at about 2 and plenty of case were left in the walk-in.

Gumbo_gravy likes this.
  9. hoppytobehere

Pooh-Bah Society

Speaking of which, at 2 weeks out Surprise Valley and Real Recognize Real are drinking incredibly right now. Hope they brew these both again.

Riff likes this.
  10. oldn00b

oldn00b Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2015 Virginia

I got to hit up Fulton Friday afternoon (grabbed Crowlers of RRR downtown Thursday too). I was surprised it wasn't more crowded given the nice weather and how quickly the last release sold out.

I know there's a lot of Veil vs. Triple Crossing that comes up. I love Triple Crossing but I generally prefer Veil dipas. I'll say this though, I like this Waxing Poetic fruited Berliner more than I've liked any of the Veil Goses I've had.

11. kingholmes

kingholmes Devotee (326) Jun 10, 2015 Virginia

I loved both of those releases, but I think this week they have even outdone themselves.Fulton and the Waxing Poetic are great.

12. Henryb22

Henryb22 Initiate (0) Jun 18, 2014 South Carolina

Tried my first Falcon smash in cans (can date 3/17) and was a bit underwhelmed. Both my brothers loved it but my roommate thought it tasted a bit off. I didnt really get that just thought it was underwhelming aroma and slightly taste wise considering they massively dry hop it (according to the can). Anyone else get this?

Gumbo_gravy likes this.
  13. oldn00b

oldn00b Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2015 Virginia

I'll report back after having it in a proper glass but a friend and I each drank one from the can and thought it was pretty great. We'd just left Triple Crossing after having some RRR so maybe our palates weren't as sharp but since it says from the can is okay on the can I went for it and wasn't disappointed.

14. hoppytobehere

Pooh-Bah Society

Falcon Smash won't blow you away, but it's very solid. I haven't had the most recent batch though.

15. TomCat11

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Fresh Falcon Smash and Clever Girl cans coming Friday to Fulton. Not sure if there's older cans in either tap room but assuming whatever is left at close will be split 50/50 between each location and available downtown as well on Saturday.

Clever Girl IPA - This IPA is a sharp counterpoint to the resin, dank citrus of Falcon Smash. It's an incredibly light bodied soft and dry American IPA with impressions of tropical citrus and dark berry floral aromas. Hopped generously with Citra and Mosaic hops.

Falcon Smash IPA
    - Our flagship IPA. Dank hop character from double dry hop of Falconer's Flight, Centennial and Columbus. Fermented with house yeast strain.

16. ScottDawg7

ScottDawg7 Initiate (0) Jul 27, 2015 Georgia

Can anyone provide feedback on how these hold up at 30 days, specifically Clever Girl? Debating whether to have someone grab me a 4 pack now and I pick up at end of April when visiting Richmond.

17. hoppytobehere

Pooh-Bah Society

Their hoppy stuff holds up well. Clever Girl is delicious 30 days out.

ScottDawg7 and kingholmes like this.
  18. Gench

Gench Initiate (0) Jul 1, 2012 District of Columbia

Coming to Richmond this Saturday. Do you guys think there will still be cans available Saturday. I'm sure they don't sell out quite as fast as the veil.

19. TomCat11

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I definitely think they will still have cans of both on Sat. Should be available at both locations I'm betting as well. Foushee location also does Crowlers. I do not know if they have restrictions on what they will fill but per Untappd this location still has Waxing Poetic and Fulton Rising on tap. Typically, though, I think they will Crowler anything not available in cans.

20. Gench

Gench Initiate (0) Jul 1, 2012 District of Columbia

Thanks for the help. Doing the typical richmond bar hop and looking to bring home some good stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.