What beer are you drinking now? #1650

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Roguer, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BWood

BWood Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2015 California

2. Vitacca

Vitacca Pooh-Bah (2,226) Sep 15, 2010 Montana
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Sweeter than the OG but will still take her to pound town.

[​IMG]

3. BWood

BWood Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2015 California

4. connecticutpoet

connecticutpoet Pooh-Bah (2,518) Jun 10, 2004 Connecticut
    Pooh-Bah Society

Wow, HUGE beer tonight. Barrel aged D.O.R.I.S. The Destroyer is full of flavor, but not as much from the barrel aging as I would have liked. Still glad to have tried it, but would not pay $16.99 again. I am sharing this with my father but as he doesn't drink too much I do believe I am going to get a little buzz going. What the hell, Thursday night is party night at UConn... at least it was 30 years ago when I was there. Gotta keep the Husky spirit alive.

[​IMG]

5. EdTheEdge

EdTheEdge Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2011 California

Cool! I thought I was having a senior moment.

MjBrewhouse and mikeinportc like this.
  6. Thankin_Hank

Thankin_Hank Grand Pooh-Bah (3,860) Nov 18, 2013 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society

OKC Here we come!

[​IMG]

College Baseball and beer! COOP DNR and Horny Toad are great beers. Expecting to find "BOMB!". I'm gooooooooooodddd!! In Oklahoma.

mickyge, Doug537, aoampm and 13 others like this.
  7. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Grand Pooh-Bah (4,779) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah

It's blind Yoda, Swami's, and myself to close out the night on The Ridge. The dart board calls. Cheers BA's!

[​IMG]

8. Marklaker

Marklaker Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2014 Florida

How much better, if any, was the tapped version of my favorite brew?

9. bret717

bret717 Pooh-Bah (2,235) Dec 8, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Founders Porter-

[​IMG]

10. Marklaker

Marklaker Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2014 Florida

God bless Yoda! He's a heart pull. :slight_smile:

VABA, mikeinportc and Lingenbrau like this.
  11. Grizzarky

Grizzarky Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2014 Tennessee

[​IMG]
    Finally getting some old nation IPAs thanks to @KZooJK

12. mschrei

mschrei Grand Pooh-Bah (4,983) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

13. Zaphog

Zaphog Grand Pooh-Bah (4,614) Sep 23, 2011 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

2014 Kuhnhenn The Olde Village Stock Ale
    [​IMG]
    Bourbon Barrel Aged 4D with Brettanomyces

14. Lingenbrau

Pooh-Bah

Thanks! He's pushing 12 now. Blind as a bat, and happened quickly. 6-8 months ago he was chasing rats/rabbits/squirrels/birds, etc. Now when he runs, often it's full throttle into divider walls, and he whines almost constantly :slight_frown:. Gentle soul with people ages 0-100, but losing all desire to even get out of his bed now. I still think he's got a lot of life in him, but he sure hates being blind.

MjBrewhouse, cjgiant and Marklaker like this.
  15. SawDog505

SawDog505 Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,666) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

[​IMG] Last one BA'S and I am hopefully going upstairs to celebrate a $15,000 higher paying job with my wife and no more weekends, her big night, but fingers crossed!:flushed:

16. Lingenbrau

Pooh-Bah

Consider me one of the lucky ones :wink:. I can't deny her good looks and amazing voice, but I'm a brunette guy myself and I definitely married up.

Still don't know what she saw/see's in me other than... :confused::astonished:.

MjBrewhouse and bret717 like this.
  17. mschrei

mschrei Grand Pooh-Bah (4,983) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Husky Pants from Maplewood.
    [​IMG]

18. gratefulbeerhead

gratefulbeerhead Initiate (0) Dec 7, 2009 Indiana

Winding down the evening after soccer practice. Coaching 4-5 grade boys is more than plenty of exercise for me. A little Jolly Pumpkin Grand Reserve with some home made samosas!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. superspak

superspak Grand High Pooh-Bah (10,336) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Fantastic, last of the 6 pack. Flavors of mango, melon, peach, pineapple, berry, passion fruit, papaya, tangerine, grapefruit, lemon/orange zest, light pepper, and pine hops; with moderate caramel, brown sugar, toffee, and toasted biscuit malt; with herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Moderate pine/rind/spicy bitterness; with a nice balanced finish of sticky/resinous hops and creamy/bready malt character in the mouthfeel. Light-moderate increasing bitter dryness. Never astringent, very drinkable. Very juicy/dank on hops, especially in the aromas; with a sizable malt backbone that is not overly sweet or heavy at all. Definitely need to grab another 6 pack. One of my favorite new Stone beers. Love that commercial Mosaic hopped beers are so prevalent now, my favorite hop.
    [​IMG]

Delicious tripel as always. Flavors of big apricot, orange, pear, apple, golden raisin, mango, pepper, clove, and light banana; with moderate candi sugar/biscuity malt balance; herbal/floral hop and yeast earthiness. Light-moderate spicy yeast finish against sweetness; increasing dryness, never cloying. Very smooth sipper for the ABV, and not too heavy on mouthfeel for the style either. Really enjoyable and underrated to me. Tripels are my second favorite style, behind English Barelwyines currently. Was my top favorite for a while. Will be grabbing this again. Awesomely priced local for the ABV.
    [​IMG]

Incredible as usual. Big flavors of dark chocolate, cocoa, espresso beans, fudge, caramel, vanilla, brown sugar, molasses, toasted dark bread, almond, and light smoke. Bittersweet roasted finish; full bodied creamy/silky mouthfeel and light chalky dryness. Super smooth and lightly warming finish. Glad that these are in cans now, much better price point and more accessible. Just got a new supplier in MI last couple months, so the price is 50% cheaper than before. I will be buying it way more often because of that fact.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

20. GrumpyGas

GrumpyGas Grand Pooh-Bah (4,393) Apr 7, 2009 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Nice. Moon Man for the boat now. Can't wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.