Cigar City Brewing Announces Colorado Distribution

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by CigarCityBrew, May 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CigarCityBrew

CigarCityBrew Initiate (0) Jul 18, 2016 Florida

TAMPA, FL & DENVER, CO - Cigar City Brewing Announces Colorado Distribution

Tampa, Florida’s Cigar City Brewing is proud to announce the addition of Colorado to the brewery’s distribution network. This is the fourth new state to receive deliveries of Cigar City Brewing’s award-winning beer in 2017. CCB will be partnering with numerous distribution partners to cover the state including RMC Distributors, Coors Distributing Company, High Country Beverage and Mountain Beverage Co. Twelve-ounce cans of Jai Alai IPA, Maduro Brown Ale, Florida Cracker Belgian-style White Ale, Invasion Pale Ale and Tampa-style Lager can currently be found in this new market. Special draft releases for the launch will include Marshal Zhukov’s Penultimate Push and Margarita Gose.

Market launch events will be taking place across Colorado from May 15th thru May 18th with numerous Cigar City Brewing representatives present, including Cigar City Brewing’s Brewmaster Wayne Wambles, COO Justin Clark, El Lector Neil Callaghan, and Brand Manager Lucas Widrick. These events will be incredible opportunities for Colorado’s craft beer fans to enjoy some of the first CCB beer to be shipped to the state and to learn about Cigar City Brewing’s brand and its award-winning beer from the people who know it best.

Cigar City Brewing’s beer, including award-winning Jai Alai IPA, is now available in ten states encompassing Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Colorado. Cigar City Brewing’s ales and lagers are also exported to Denmark.

Cigar City Brewing’s Colorado Launch Events

Monday: May 15th – Denver

• Ale House at Amato’s - Launch Event
      2501 16th St, Denver, CO 80211
      6-8pm
    Tuesday: May 16th – Fort Collins

• Mayor of Old Town - Launch Event
      632 S Mason St, Fort Collins, CO 80524
      6-8pm
    Wednesday: May 17th – Vail, Colorado Springs & Longmont

• Vail Ale House - Launch Party
      2161 N Frontage Rd W, Vail, CO 81657
      5-7pm
    • Brass Tap - Launch Event
      13271 Bass Pro Dr #110, Colorado Springs, CO 80921
      6-8 pm
    • Parry’s Pizza Longmont - Pint Night
      1232 S Hover Rd #100, Longmont, CO 80501
      6-8pm
    Thursday: May 18th – Denver, Northglenn & Highlands Ranch

• Chuburger RiNo - Media Exclusive Event
      3490 Larimer St, Denver, CO 80205
      Please email tcox@cigarcitybrewingcom if interested in attending

• Parry’s Pizza Northglenn - Launch Event
      100 E 120th Ave, Northglenn, CO 80233
      5-7pm

• Parry’s Pizza Highlands Ranch - Launch Event
      9567 S University Blvd, Highlands Ranch, CO 80126
      5-7pm

• Star Bar - Official Launch Party
      2137 Larimer St, Denver, CO 80205
      8-10pm
    Visit Cigar City Brewing’s website [www.cigarcitybrewing.com] to find the CCB beer closest to you.

About Cigar City Brewing:
    Cigar City Brewing, makers of Jai Alai and Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout, was founded in 2009 by Joey Redner with the goal of creating quality beer that reflected the flavors and history of the Tampa region. This unique perspective resonated with the local and national markets alike and the brewery has quickly grown from 1,000 barrels of beer in 2009 to an excess of 65,000 barrels produced in 2016. The 2016 partnership with Oskar Blues of Lyons, Colorado ushered in a new era of growth for this Florida-based organization, with new markets and technologies on the horizon.

2. Wasatch

Wasatch Grand Pooh-Bah (5,406) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Would be nice to see some around here. Excellent brews.

Cheers!

3. Jasonrm72

Jasonrm72 Maven (1,332) Apr 29, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

Initial big sales then taper off into dust collectors.
    Not they don't have good beers, I've just never had anything that was better than what already sits on our shelves.

4. rikarmstrong

rikarmstrong Initiate (0) May 14, 2015 Colorado

Yep. My strategy now when a big out of state player comes to CO is to load up right away because it'll likely never be found fresh again. It's been discussed before, but the way Bell's does their distribution here is brilliant. 3-4 drops a year keeps everyone excited, and you're pretty much guaranteed it'll be fresh.

5. Domingo

Domingo Grand Pooh-Bah (4,206) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

Hopefully their relationship with OB will make them the exception and not the rule freshness-wise.
    Looking forward to White Oak Jai Alai, Oatmeal Raisin Cookie, and Homemade Apple Pie Cider at some point. Big Sound would potentially become the best strong Scotch ale in CO instantly, too. I can see myself buying Jai Alai on the regular, but I doubt I'll buy the other flagships.

I guess my Lueken's orders will be nothing but Funky Buddha now...

Ricelikesbeer and Prospero like this.
  6. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Pooh-Bah (1,813) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

Making me thirsty for some Hubert.. its always fresh and delicious!

7. tylerstravis

tylerstravis Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2014 Colorado

I'll grab a sixer of Invasion.

8. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Grand Pooh-Bah (3,224) Jun 9, 2006 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This is exactly what we need. Another ho-hum set of beers clogging up the shelves. Thanks Oskar Blues! Let's be honest, how many of you are buying Perrin Brewing beers? Anyone?

poonamibaxter and tylerstravis like this.
  9. Spaceman_Jer

Spaceman_Jer Pooh-Bah (1,688) Jan 27, 2015 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

I can't speak top much about CCB (only ever had a single pint of Jai Alai and maduro). But I'm a frequent buyer of Perrin Black and am very happy to have that one available. There aren't many year round canned Swarzbiers, especially not one that tasty.
    I also think 98 problems is a tasty IPA and do buy it from time to time for a $10 sixer. It's definitely not unique or better than lots of Colorado stuff, but it's personally enjoyable enough to me for a twice a year buy.

10. tylerstravis

tylerstravis Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2014 Colorado

I pretty much buy Hubert and new releases.

11. Domingo

Pooh-Bah Society

People bought No Rules but haven't (and probably won't) touch the others. I can see CC having the same problem. People want Huna, Zuke, and such. They don't want Florida Cracker and Invasion. Hopefully I'm wrong, but that seems to be par for the course with 95% of the places that enter to CO market.

We apparently get Lazy Magnolia now. That seems like a pretty damn ballsy move to come into our market with a brown ale, stout, and session IPA from MS. Those are good beers, too.

SFACRKnight likes this.
  12. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Grand Pooh-Bah (3,224) Jun 9, 2006 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I never bought the specialties like Zhukov but I did buy Perrin Grapefruit IPA, Cigar City Invasion, Humidor IPA, Jai Alai. They ranged from mediocre to downright awful.

13. PerfectPorter

PerfectPorter Zealot (571) Jul 30, 2010 Oregon

Almost bought Jai Alai but it was a buck more than Melvin IPA/Hubert, Union Jack, S26 Single Hop, Odd13 Superfan/n00b, 4 Noses 'Bout Damn Time...

R3ason, denver10, SFACRKnight and 4 others like this.
  14. ManBearPat

ManBearPat Pooh-Bah (1,813) Dec 2, 2014 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

This will all but guarantee some new turds on local shelves... RIP CC

SFACRKnight and clusterfolk like this.
  15. Domingo

Pooh-Bah Society

Jai Alai is a different type of IPA than much of what we have on our shelves, even if it is from a bygone era. Union Jack's probably the closest of those and I'd trust the first batch of CO Cigar City over a beer that is notoriously old when it arrives here. Modus or even Hop Abomination would be closer to Jai Alai and they'd be fresh, too.

PerfectPorter likes this.
  16. bfields4

bfields4 Savant (1,147) Dec 11, 2007 Colorado

There are a lot of Flordia transplants out here.. just saying.

BKnarr, Domingo and clusterfolk like this.
  17. Domingo

Pooh-Bah Society

There are a lot of transplants out here in general :stuck_out_tongue:

18. Spaceman_Jer

Spaceman_Jer Pooh-Bah (1,688) Jan 27, 2015 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

Here's where I get to paste one of my favorite graphics from the NYTimes:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...le-in-each-state-were-born.html?_r=0#Colorado

This data is only through 2014, but it shows the migration pattern into Colorado (place of birth of resident population at any given time). As it turns out, Florida is likely highly under-represented regarding migration into Colorado versus the size of its population. It doesn't show up as an individual state and people born in the "south" represent only 6% of the total birth population if you exclude Texas.

If beer companies were hoping to target the transplant market, they'd be better off going after the Midwest in general, as well as California, Texas, and New York. These areas certainly match my own anecdotal experience of meeting people here in CO.

Granted, much of this could have changed in the past 2.5 years since this graph was updated, but it's fun food for thought.

spoony, SFACRKnight and ManBearPat like this.
  19. Domingo

Pooh-Bah Society

Anecdotally, I could swear 1/2 of the Denver beer community is from Chicago...or more accurately one of it's many, many suburbs. They seem set on infecting us with something they refer to as the "Chicago hype train, fam" but I can't truly claim to understand it.

stevesbeer, CK21, spoony and 4 others like this.
  20. PerfectPorter

PerfectPorter Zealot (571) Jul 30, 2010 Oregon

Ok I went for it. 5/09 Jai Alai. Also tbf maybe we are in the midst of a price hike across the board. Odd13 is now half a buck more (or maybe it always was as I usually wait for the monthly sale price) and yes I realize JA is not an NE haze bomb. Also noticed UJ went down a buck making it now $2 less. I notice in Loveland and Greeley things sit longer. The most recent batch of UJ is 3/29, but it came in about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Melvin IPA (when not on sale) is now the same price as JA. Hubert didn't change.

I am spoiled from Total Wine & More $1 off coupons from when I lived in AZ, NM, NC, and NJ. It's difficult for me to buy Odell IPA here for that reason. Don't look at Total Wine prices if you don't want a buzzkill. I know big corporate box store killing off the small independent shops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.