Firestone Walker Invitational 2017

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by aquazr1, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zod1966

Zod1966 Aspirant (281) Dec 30, 2009 California

About what time would this Share start? I'm driving down and need to time this just right.

2. Vitacca

Vitacca Pooh-Bah (2,226) Sep 15, 2010 Montana
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I packed TG X Hops Teal, DDH Sue, CW 18, 19, Huna and 5 NG R/D's. Now lets hope it survives the flight! See y'all tomorrow.

3. MastaShonuf

MastaShonuf Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2013 California

Usually at dusk...people wander out with coolers.

5th year and still showing up. Bottle share is usually better than the invitational for great variety of beer

First timer advice...Friday night share
    1. Don't drink too many stouts at the share and ruin your day at the invitational
      • With that said...I want to pour my Darkness vertical this year
    2. Wear shoes to the pool...someone sooner or later will break a bottle or two
    3. I have dibs on the glider bench at the grass
    4. Sharing means just that...drink it, share it...don't brag about what you went through to get it, nobody wants to hear it
    5. For youngsters and tickers...ask before you start grabbing at bottles on tables
    6. If you are a home brewer...this is not your opportunity to make a name for yourself unless it really is that good

First time advice for invitational
    You can not bring water or any beverage into the invitational...there are water stations to fill up so bring your empty camelback with ice...it's good for swag and water

Everyone gets in before it starts and goes into holding areas...relax...no need to rush and push

Long lines are great for people who can pass on one good beer to drink four others...don't wait in them too long. Ballast Point had the best system the last few years and always brings a good session beer to drink while you wait in line

There is lots of food so don't worry about going hungry

If you must go for a timed rare pour...get in that line 20-30 minutes early...they run out quick

If you uber over...good luck getting back quickly...walk if you are within a mile or two

wolf13, ESCO138, Barchetta21 and 5 others like this.
  4. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013 California

Don't forget to use the buddy system. In that, one person waits in line and the other person yo-yo's to the booths with no lines and brings back a pour for the buds. Just don't be that asshole who wanders off for the majority of the line and only comes back when you're at the front of it. I don't mind yo-yoing. but anchoring is a bit much.

Drink plenty of water and take a breather near fans/shade between those sprinting.

Hats and sunscreen.

I'll be the fella with the HPB shirt, which... i mean, is my daily uniform anyway, so come tell me how I've been an asshole to you or something.

5. colonelforbin

colonelforbin Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2007 California

Anyone need an extra ticket? Have one extra. Let me know.

6. emotive07

emotive07 Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2011 New Jersey

I'll be at the best western black oak with NE cans (Kane, other half, tired hands, finback, magnify) in assuming I'll just crack some at the pool and see who shows up/ whose there on Friday night.

7. emotive07

Also wondering if anyone will be drinking at the best western black oaks or just flocks to Adelaide. I don't want to drink 12 cans by myself.

8. SDReaper

SDReaper Pooh-Bah (2,150) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I drank at motel 6 a bit last year but it seemed to be mostly private room shares there, so walked to Adelaide and it was more enjoyable

9. emotive07

Seems like the adelaide pool share is the cool kid in town

10. clayfu

clayfu Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2010 California

who knew the motel 6 is where people would be inclusive and elitist ;D

SDReaper likes this.
  11. Wowcoolman

Wowcoolman Pooh-Bah (1,636) Sep 25, 2010 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

No joke- you should see their rates for this weekend.

12. BreweryRun

BreweryRun Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2013 California

Highland Park update their beers. Looking pretty sweet.

BucannonXC5 likes this.
  13. clayfu

clayfu Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2010 California

I once was sent to a deposition in cowtown central CA and the only reasonable place to stay was motel 6. I asked for a toothbrush, none. Toothpaste, none. Shampoo none. Just a bar of soap in the restroom.

14. pumptrick

pumptrick Zealot (534) Oct 26, 2010 California

The Adelaide drinking light is lit.

15. chrisjws

chrisjws Pooh-Bah (2,768) Dec 3, 2014 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Has it started yet?

16. pumptrick

pumptrick Zealot (534) Oct 26, 2010 California

For me, yes

17. chrisjws

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

The Adelaide pool?

18. chrisjws

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I'm by the pool, bald dude wearing a black shirt that says IBU taproom

Hype_Train likes this.
  19. Hype_Train

Hype_Train Zealot (677) Feb 8, 2017 California

Not sure if I should be turned on or ready to call Chris Hanson by that description of you lol.

chrisjws likes this.
  20. GravyRobber

GravyRobber Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2015 California

Are folks still at the Adelaide pool? Just got into town and thinking of stopping by.

chrisjws likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.