What beer are you drinking now? #1693

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by DoctorZombies, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prager62

Prager62 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,126) May 7, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Thank you.:slight_smile: I'll graciously accept third place and the savings from my decision. Beer money!:stuck_out_tongue:

2. joe1510

joe1510 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,522) Aug 21, 2006 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah

She is (and by proxy, you) in first place everyday no matter what the likes of @Lingenbrau says.

3. Squire

Squire Grand Pooh-Bah (4,081) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

It's a sunny day, so . . .

[​IMG]

Light clear gold color with white cap and lacing.

A clean grain aroma with just a bit of sweet malt and floral hops.

Taste is led by malt with a just a touch of hops. The flavor is singular throughout with a lingering malt touch in the aftertaste. It also remains dry which is a neat trick for an adjunct lager.

Texture is medium with balancing carbonation.

My earlier experiences with this brand were less pleasant but that may be due to the condition of what was available to me at the time.

4. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Grand Pooh-Bah (4,779) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah

Haha! Awesome.

Not true. I said second place. I'm an oak.

5. joe1510

joe1510 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,522) Aug 21, 2006 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah

You're an acorn.

6. malfunxion

malfunxion Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2012 New York

[​IMG]
    Out here at Suarez Family Brewing picking up some bottles of the new sumac joint and that vintage 100 ft north , drinking a pour of CATCH A WAVE, damn this beer is so light yet so fruity cheers to Friday morning !
    [​IMG]

7. jkblr

jkblr Grand Pooh-Bah (4,968) Nov 22, 2014 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Thanks x2
    I don't always drink the best beers, but I do try to present them well and have fun. Drinking this now.

[​IMG]

This one is different. Enjoy what's in your glass today BA!

8. El_Brujo_de_A2

El_Brujo_de_A2 Initiate (0) Nov 15, 2016 Michigan

Last one of these. Cheers![​IMG]

9. PetrusPalmgren

PetrusPalmgren Initiate (0) Apr 10, 2014 Sweden

[​IMG]

Amager The Bastard Princess

10. Crusader

Crusader Pooh-Bah (1,651) Feb 4, 2011 Sweden
    Pooh-Bah Society

[​IMG]
    Trying a new English beer from the monopoly. It's been a while since I last had a regular English bitter. This one is 4% abv. Aromawise I am struck by familiarity, it reminds me of another brewery's beers and it takes me a while to figure out that it smells like the beers from one of the Swedish craft breweries, a brewery which has always stood out as having a distinct house flavor in their beers, at least to me. It has to come from the yeast coupled with those omnipresent caramel malts. Flavorwise it's nicely balanced between dry malt flavors and hop bitterness and flavor. It's quite dry and is pretty light bodied, but I suspect that by the second half liter the body would not be a problem, and the dryness coupled with the distinct malt and hop flavors and well balanced bitterness would make it a very nice session beer (though I only have one bottle of it). It's a quality English bitter in my book.

11. NotAlcoholicJustAHobby

NotAlcoholicJustAHobby Initiate (0) Jun 13, 2015 Vermont

The last Melvin......

[​IMG]

Good bye Melvin, you will be missed.

12. cavedave

cavedave Grand Pooh-Bah (4,145) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Haha a stock photo of a Foam Brewers growler as I have no pic capability at the moment. Better pic than I woulda taken. Drinking Built To Spill, which is a name I really like for a killer IPA. Glad I have Television still in the fridge for tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

13. Thankin_Hank

Thankin_Hank Grand Pooh-Bah (3,860) Nov 18, 2013 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society

Woo Hoo
    Found the Bourbon Barrel Ten Fidy. Getting growlers of it.
    [​IMG]

Getting a taste while I'm here.
    Mucho dinero.
    $7 for 4 ounces.

14. belvedere86

belvedere86 Maven (1,440) Apr 1, 2013 Belgium
    Trader

15. ElGabRyan

ElGabRyan Initiate (0) May 10, 2013 New Jersey

16. DropD

DropD Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2015 Virginia

I love Even More Jesus. I liked it a lot more than Michigan Maple Jesus.

17. SawDog505

SawDog505 Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,666) Apr 9, 2010 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

[​IMG] Finally arrived in NH, @TheIPAHunter sent me a can a couple of months ago, this stuff is darn tasty.

18. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Grand Pooh-Bah (3,728) Apr 4, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

19. cjgiant

cjgiant Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,560) Jul 13, 2013 District of Columbia
    Pooh-Bah Society

If you're putting your television in the fridge, I think I understand how you're in your picture situation. :wink:

Ok, so the opportunity is there to have your first of a classic, you can't pass it up, right? I mean, if @VABA and @Buck89 hadn't brought us Pliny, I would've had that first glass (GF did).
    [​IMG]

First Cantillon, their Classic Gueuze. A soft, not too acidic sour. Enjoying the nose more than the taste - relatively. Apple (sweet and tart), light funk - but more damp wood. And just an awesome feel, one of the things I was not expecting to note on my first go with this brewery. Cheers, all!!

Budlum, VABA, BrewsOverHoes and 48 others like this.
  20. Prager62

Prager62 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,126) May 7, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

A very good beer but every batch since the first seems to be missing something in my opinion. This one is remarkably transparent and tastes like a regular Enjoy By lacking that ultra weedy juicy profile I remember. Or maybe I've lost my mind drinking all that Michigan haze?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.