What beer are you drinking now? #1722

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by DoctorZombies, Jul 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattyG85

MattyG85 Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2010 Minnesota

Tonight's lineup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

aoampm, JamFuel, larryi86 and 26 others like this.
  2. jzeilinger

jzeilinger Grand High Pooh-Bah (8,213) Dec 4, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Q: One of the main food groups - fruit.

A: What is dinner.

( First time finally being able to try this one. :slight_smile: )

[​IMG]

And watching a show about the 80's on CNN right now with my kids. The good 'ol dayz. :rolling_eyes:

Prost!

3. Prager62

Prager62 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,126) May 7, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Damn skippy!

laketang likes this.
  4. Scott17Taylor

Scott17Taylor Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2013 Iowa
    Trader

[​IMG]
    It's one month past it's best by date and still incredible. It's lost a bit of it's jamminess, but still great.

5. russpowell

russpowell Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,256) May 24, 2005 Arkansas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Earlier today we went down to West Fork ( of the White River ) AR. The kids had a blast jumping off the cliffs ( about 25' high ) in to the river. It was a bit crowded for my liking. But I am sure we will do it again soon.

Lagunitas Sucks, watching Turn on AMC right now.

6. SixPack6

SixPack6 Pundit (814) Jan 4, 2011 Wisconsin
    Trader

7. superspak

superspak Grand High Pooh-Bah (10,336) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Awesome shandy! Flavors of big tart raspberry and lemonade; with balanced wheat/crackery malts; light herbal/floral/peppery rosemary; and yeasty earthiness. Light-moderate fruit tartness and bitter/spiciness on the finish. Light bodied; very crisp, dry, and refreshing; with some light balanced acidity/grainy wheat malts in the mouthfeel. Super flavorful for 2.7%. Definitely one of the best Shandy I have had. Great balance of pale wheat ale and fruit/lemonade. Just got a 6 pack this afternoon. Will not be the only pack this year(hope it doesn't disappear too fast, like last year). This and Melt My Brain are in my top summer slammer beers for the year. I should probably just go buy another pack or 2 tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

Great Gose! Flavors of big tart/sour/tangy blueberry, blackberry, berry skin, lemon, lime, green apple, pear, red grape, coriander, sea salt, hay, straw, and light lacto funk/pepper; with moderate wheat, cracker, biscuit dough malt balance. Moderate fruity/lactic tartness; light yeast spiciness, fruit tang on the finish. Medium-high carbonation and medium bodied; balanced bready/grainy wheat and lactic acid in the mouthfeel; light fruit tannins and salinity. Moderately crisp, increasing lactic dryness, minimal puckering sourness. Super refreshing and flavorful for 5.2%. Perfect balance between the fruit and classic Gose style flavors; nice malt presence to balance the acidity. Super crushable stuff. Will have to get another pack after I finish this first one. I love all of the canned sours from this brewery
    [​IMG]

Incredible! Aromas and flavors of huge peanut butter, milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, caramel, brown sugar, toffee, and toasted brown bread; with a touch of herbal hops and vanilla. Light herbal hop and roasted coffee bitterness on the finish. Medium bodied with great bready creaminess in the mouthfeel; touch of chalky roast and sticky hops/PB. Perfect bittersweet balance. Lightly increasing bitter/roasted dryness. Love this even more than the base beer. The PB feels a lot more pronounced in the flavors; and the coffee adds an even deeper level of roasted complexity, to the already complex base malt bill. Very rich flavors for the modest ABV. I really hope DuClaw expands to MI some day, I am addicted to their PB beers and grab them whenever I go to Ohio.
    [​IMG]

Insane NE IPA as always. Flavors of huge tangerine, grapefruit, pineapple, peach, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, berry, lemon zest, orange peel, and light pepper/pine hops; with moderate honey, wheat, toasted bread, light caramel malt balance; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light pine/grassy/citrus peel bitterness on the finish. Medium-plus bodied bready creaminess with some hop stickiness in the mouthfeel. Slight resins and a lightly drying finish. Similar to M-43, but this more juicy and less dank from the darker malt bill. I prefer this a bit more, but both are incredible. They just started dating the cans recently instead of putting a batch number. Hoping the other NE IPA series stuff starts making distro later in the year. This is far less easily available than M-43, so I always grab it when I see it. This is my last can for now, will keep buying M-43 instead. Recent batches have been even better than I remember from the first time I had it.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

8. Wasatch

Wasatch Grand Pooh-Bah (5,406) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Cross-Post

Another, this one is more lemony/citrus than the DFH FP, had a Funkwerks Raspberry Provincial at one time, I guess they just put some different fruits in.:slight_smile:

Beer Camp Across The World: Dry-Hopped Berliner-Style Weisse | Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/140/281132/?ba=Wasatch#review

Cheers!
    [​IMG]
    Fates Warning Disconnected 2000 Metal Blade Records, Inc.
    [​IMG]

9. Txex06

Txex06 Savant (1,144) Dec 28, 2016 Texas
    Trader

The background is what is most important and it came out great!

VABA, tobelerone and russpowell like this.
  10. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Pundit (892) Aug 10, 2012 Florida
    Trader

%5BURL=

Cheers to you all!

11. Victory_Sabre1973

Victory_Sabre1973 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,561) Sep 15, 2015 Minnesota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Time to celebrate becoming a Crusader. I stopped at Beaver Island brewing after work because they released a one off of Blueberry Ripple. I was very interested, but when I got there I saw another new beer, Hazy Daisy. I was torn, only one growler on me, no way was I going to buy, yet another, growler. What do I do? I think, and was offered a sample of the Blueberry Ripple. I could hardly taste the blueberry. It was barely different from their regular Ripple, so I chose the Hazy Daisy.
    [​IMG]
    I'm damn glad I did! It is quite delicious. Really nice balance between a sweet, and citrus flavor. Really good, and good after a stupid long day at work.

4.19/5 rDev 0% | Avg: 4.19
    look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

This beer pours a murky, very light golden color, almost white. The head was white, 1 Finger, and didn't last long.
    The nose is mellow, with a faint citrus aroma. There's also a slight sweetness to the nose.
    Taste is, and I quote myself "damn, that's good". It has a great blend of a light citrus taste with just the right sweetness.
    Feel is on the lighter side, but not really watery.
    This beer, overall, is a damn good addition to their lineup. Really good on a hot summer day.

VABA, aoampm, beerloserLI and 25 others like this.
  12. GrumpyGas

GrumpyGas Grand Pooh-Bah (4,393) Apr 7, 2009 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Noon Whistle Face Smack Berliner Weiss Sour Bottles 9/10/16 after aging in bourbon barrels at 5.2% abv and 22 ibu.
    [​IMG]
    Great lactobacillus and bourbon aromas with a tinge of lemon citrus tartness and the flavors match.
    They are really doing good work at the Whistle.

Slainte!

13. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Grand Pooh-Bah (4,801) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

My wife made me eat this pretzel burger and half of hers. I am a good husband, yes?
    [​IMG]

14. Minnesota_beer_guy

Minnesota_beer_guy Savant (1,100) Feb 15, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

If you told me this was grape soda I'd believe you. Hints of hops in the aroma makes it even more bizarre. I like it! :grinning::stuck_out_tongue:

[​IMG]

15. puck1225

puck1225 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,585) Dec 22, 2013 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Tallgrass Brewing 8-Bit Pale Ale - a pleasant surprise!

VABA, aoampm, utopiajane and 8 others like this.
  16. WesMantooth

WesMantooth Grand Pooh-Bah (4,820) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

The new beer streak has come to an end, but the #properglassware streak is alive at 6. @goingbrokeonbeer and @Lingenbrau mentioned something about a record??
    [​IMG]

17. Dragginballs76

Dragginballs76 Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2015 South Carolina
    Trader

The closer for tonight, until tomorrow's NBS lineup. Cheers all!!

[​IMG]

VABA, aoampm, beerloserLI and 26 others like this.
  18. Todd

Todd Founder (13,254) Aug 23, 1996 Finland
    Staff Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

19. GreenBayBA

GreenBayBA Grand Pooh-Bah (4,081) Aug 30, 2015 Wisconsin
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

[​IMG]
    I let this one age for a year. Glad I did. There is less fruit and more barrel. It is a nice blend now. This was bottled on 6/6/16 so the song choice is apparent.
    [​IMG]

20. M-14

M-14 Zealot (645) Feb 5, 2014 California

Fought traffic all the way to Monterey this morning. The drive back and the ensuing [very fresh] beer, however, was all good!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.