Which workplace demographic drinks the best beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Uniobrew31, Oct 24, 2017.

?

What work demographic are you from?

1. Blue Collar...tradesman, millwright. laborer

18 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. Professional, BA/BS degree or higher office jobber

118 vote(s)
    61.8%
  3. Retail or Food an Beverage industry

28 vote(s)
    14.7%
  4. Student

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  5. Retiree

11 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. other

14 vote(s)
    7.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uniobrew31

Uniobrew31 Pooh-Bah (1,567) Jan 16, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah

Me too. Would be interesting to take a snap
    your drunk, go to bed

JoeK89 and sharpski like this.
  2. drtth

drtth Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania
    In Memoriam

Now you add insulting me to your list. No being drunk involved here just irritation at your beer snobbery.

LuskusDelph likes this.
  3. Uniobrew31

Pooh-Bah

Ehhhh budddeh you wanna fight abut it!!! Like I said you completely misconstrued my pill. Stop thread shitting and go to be

JoeK89 likes this.
  4. rgordon

rgordon Pooh-Bah (2,677) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society

It is important to take the post seriously. I was a very "curious" sociology/English/journalism student and seemingly simple questions and observations usually ended up being quite profound. I discovered racial profiling as a journalism student the same year I re-discovered Munich Lowenbrau at Lums downtown at VCU there at Monroe Park. I was a 20 year old that loved the great beer that my Dad kept at the house when I was younger....It was most often Lowenbrau, circa 67-70. He is still my hero. I love continuity.

mikeinportc and Uniobrew31 like this.
  5. Uniobrew31

Pooh-Bah

For perspective

Swill=Beer rated below 65 on this site. Sheesh!

mikeinportc likes this.
  6. rgordon

Pooh-Bah Society

Ratings may be over-rated, but they may also be a baseline of information. I feel that beer should never ever be a cause for anger.......

7. Uniobrew31

Pooh-Bah

Please don't take this post too seriously. I am a worker, shop floor union rep, hard core supporter of human rights. I simply wanted to start a light conversation of people who love beer about what they do for work. I've seen posts on here about age, the reoccurring "show yourself" post. Not looking for a deep discussion I really just wanted to see if non macro only drinkers and even deeper dive, if there has been an influx of blue collar, union member, tool slingers like myself had put down the bud light and trended toward local, decent craft beer. Judging by the poll replies this far I would say no.

chipawayboy, mikeinportc and rgordon like this.
  8. mikeinportc

mikeinportc Grand Pooh-Bah (3,331) Nov 4, 2015 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

I'm a combo of #s 1,2,3, &6 . I & my co-workers, & ex co-workers, that fall into those categories drink better beer than everybody else I/we know. As we are all in/into the biological sciences & professions, & growing/producing our-damn-selves, the common denominators are real vs pseudo/half-a**ed , & a fascination with the agricultural & microbial . :slight_smile:

9. zid

zid Grand Pooh-Bah (3,058) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

The poll is a better indicator of people on BeerAdvocate rather than people who drink "local."

10. rgordon

Pooh-Bah Society

Around here (Greensboro) the demographic for really good beer drinkers is growing stronger every day, has been strong all along, and shows no sign of slowing down. We have very good breweries, and people of all economic and political persuasions seem increasingly enthusiastic and supportive. Maybe beer can do what government cannot.

Squire likes this.
  11. Squire

Squire Grand Pooh-Bah (4,081) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Considering the wide range of responses to the 'What do you do for a living, BA's' thread it appears line of work has little effect on the appreciation of good beer. Those who want it will seek it out and if they can't afford to drink it every night they still can often enough. I'm quite happy with craft selections in the $9.99 a six pack range and there are a lot of them.

12. mikeinportc

mikeinportc Grand Pooh-Bah (3,331) Nov 4, 2015 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

To quote Aaron Rogers : " R_E_L_A_X" :wink:

13. rgordon

Pooh-Bah Society

Today I found a 15-pack of Founders PC Pils for $14.99. This packaging is several months old and (gasp) it is delicious. It makes me smell better, no I mean spell better! Damned smell check.

Tripel_Threat, Hoos78 and Squire like this.
  14. bbtkd

bbtkd Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,326) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I expect that white-collar degreed types will gravitate more towards craft simply because they can more easily afford the additional cost. It's much cheaper to drink macro, so lower income workers are likely to gravitate that way. Then again, some blue-collar makes real decent money - and in the end priorities and preference play into it.

15. IBUBrew

IBUBrew Initiate (0) May 6, 2017 Vermont

As a teacher I agree with every bit of this post. I have a bunch of fellow teachers that also love a couple heavy pints after a long day.

16. CheapHysterics

CheapHysterics Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2009 Pennsylvania

I think context is important... If I was a hog farmer i may use the above definition of swill, but I'm on a beer site where the word is ubiquitous and understood to mean bad beer.

FBarber, Tripel_Threat and ICTguy21 like this.
  17. Squire

Squire Grand Pooh-Bah (4,081) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Agree on both points, particularly the second one. I know college kids that routinely spend an extra $200 a month on fast food and if I were on a tight budget I would prepare my own then use the savings to upgrade my beer choices.

18. dennis3951

dennis3951 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey

I voted other but would have voted all of or any of the above if they were given as choices.

LuskusDelph likes this.
  19. dcotom

dcotom Grand Pooh-Bah (5,453) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Lutheran. (Talk about a slow soft ball... :stuck_out_tongue:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.