Twin Cities Bottle Hunt - 2017

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by Djsaturn1, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjbehren

jjbehren Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2009 Minnesota

I'm actually really enjoying it. I don't get any bitterness, really. I like it a lot more than the last batch of kbs, that's for sure.

But you're right, this isn't the forum for this talk.

Victory_Sabre1973 and Davebts77 like this.
  2. SudsSavant

SudsSavant Savant (1,014) Jan 9, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

...and here we go!

http://startribune.com/minneapolis-...ieval-style-cease-and-desist-order/461391383/

http://www.citypages.com/restaurant...ease-and-desist-from-anheuser-busch/461346693

https://growlermag.com/modist-served-cease-desist-bud-light/

http://brobible.com/culture/article/dilly-dilly-craft-beer/

Guessing this only pick up steam throughout the weekend.

3. Boldbrew

Boldbrew Initiate (0) Jun 26, 2017 Minnesota

TW Roseville has 3+ cases of CBS left.

Victory_Sabre1973 and NickMpls like this.
  4. Minnesota_beer_guy

Minnesota_beer_guy Savant (1,100) Feb 15, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

MGM St. Louis Park didn’t have CBS today but they did have last year’s KBS in the cooler for $18 per bottle!!! Saw quite a few other places today selling random beers at really whacky prices.

Note to liquor store owners...If you still have a cooler full of Bourbon County you’re doing something wrong.

5. NickMpls

NickMpls Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2016 Minnesota

Given the short timeline, does anyone think this might have been premeditated... Win-win publicity for both companies. Giving away super bowl tickets Isn’t a decision that’s made that quickly I would assume.
    Hey, get a costume, get a scroll, create a clever message, get over to that brewery and oh yeah give away tickets!

6. Odyssey300

Odyssey300 Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2013 Minnesota

I personally like hearing opinions on this thread and agree definitely enjoying this batch of CBS, maple syrup sweetness some chocolate and bourbon vanilla, smoother than this past years kbs which I found a little smoky. Much better than 2nd tier though I can’t say I disagree with the price tag being high but apparently priced right based on the availability. Definitely have to let this warm up before enjoying.

7. macgroveguy

macgroveguy Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2015 Minnesota

That and the video begins before the guy even gets through the door. Someone knew this was coming.

8. JakeJohnson

JakeJohnson Pundit (873) Jan 30, 2015 Minnesota
    Trader

I’m a little disappointed this guy isn’t paid to only do this. The image of him flying around the country in medieval garments to serve cease-and-desist orders gave me butterflies in my stomach.

#1708 JakeJohnson, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  9. Benj68

Benj68 Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2015 Minnesota

Premeditated today? For sure. They announced Dilly Dilly earlier this week on social media though. Begs the question...did Bud Light really put the whole thing together in a few days? Or...is MODIST THEIR NEW BUYOUT TARGET???

People are talking, speculating, posting...that's all that matters for AB. Maybe we're all part of that machine.

maximum12 and NickMpls like this.
  10. MNAle

MNAle Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota

Of course someone knew this was coming. It was a coordinated thing, clearly. This guy didn't just decide to do this on his way over to deliver a C&D letter...

11. SipIt

SipIt Zealot (735) Jul 18, 2013 Minnesota

Idk, I think CBS is fantastic. U get the coffee, chocolate, maple and bourbon wo being too sweet. It's delicious.

AdmiralOzone likes this.
  12. OrionsHunt

OrionsHunt Zealot (584) Jul 17, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

Opened a bottle tonight, poured into my CBS snifter and was not disappointed. Thought it was very balanced and silky smooth. Went down way too easy for almost 12%.

13. OrionsHunt

Trader

Hey, I hope you get at least one bottle to give it a shot. This batch of CBS is no KBS, just let it warm a bit and the flavors really come out. The coffee is nice and bourbon and sweetness is very balanced.

14. JakeJohnson

Trader

Did anyone else feel objectified by the CBS release? When I went to HyVee today, I got in line to ask about it. When I got to the counter, the clerk pulled out CBS and rang it up for me. I didn’t ask for it and I’ve never been to that location.

Do I exude beer nerd? No, it’s the liquor store employees who are wrong.

15. OrionsHunt

Trader

Take it as a compliment. You are a distinguished beer nerd with fine taste in beer :slight_smile:

16. loudmouth

loudmouth Initiate (0) May 24, 2010 Wisconsin

Did you buy it?

eggsurplus, Benj68 and JakeJohnson like this.
  17. JakeJohnson

Trader

Yes, but I made a grunting noise through the entire process to assert my uneasiness with the whole situation.

18. Benj68

Benj68 Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2015 Minnesota

Depends, what was the attire today? Crocs, sweatpants, and unshaven neckbeard? Or did you class it up with sneakers and faded jeans??

I've had some close calls just with jeans and a hoodie. I need to start mixing in organic vegetables and soaps at checkout to throw them off.

Vidblain and JakeJohnson like this.
  19. NickMpls

NickMpls Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2016 Minnesota

You’ve now associated grunting with beer nerds. Thanks a lot. I’m off to work on my grunting noises that my 4 week old babygirl has mastered.

Benj68 and JakeJohnson like this.
  20. bigdaddypolite

bigdaddypolite Maven (1,279) Mar 2, 2007 Minnesota
    Trader

I hear ya. When I called Sid's this morning, it went like this:
    "Hey, did you guys get..."
    "We've got a case left and it's moving fast so you better get here quick."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.