Sixpoint’s December Release – Hootie and Hootie-Hoo

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by frozyn, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frozyn

frozyn Maven (1,411) May 16, 2015 New York
    Trader

Looks like the holidays came early at Sixpoint this year as @Sixpoint and team are releasing some special beers: Hootie and Hootie-Hoo are a snapshot of what’s to come down in Red Hook, and Shane describes this release as the “most special release yet” since it includes the first beers that Eric Bachli has formulated since he joined the Sixpoint team.

Beers go on sale on December 11 at 12 PM EST and will be available for pickup December 16. A lucky few of us (@jrnyc @EnthusedAboutBeer) got a sneak peek of Hootie-Hoo and the strong hop flavor + low bitterness was pretty impressive. Looking forward to trying out its bigger sibling as well to see what they were able to do with more of a malt backbone.

@Sixpoint has also confirmed a few other details for December:
    • Version 4.2 of the app will be in the stores late next week and will make purchases easier: you’ll be able to save your ordering and pick-up window preferences, as well as build out a user profile.
    • Mad Scientists #25 will be on draft for sampling, which is good news for those who enjoyed #24 at the last release. If we pray hard enough, and we aren’t on any naughty lists, perhaps a Crowler Holiday Miracle might occur.
    • They will have other beers available for sampling/crowlers as usual, and a full list will come before the release.
    I’m sure @Sixpoint and @SixpointJMH will chime in on whatever questions arise. Excited to see everyone on the 16th!

2. SCW

SCW Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2004 New York

We should have some updates for you by next week regarding the availability and download of version 4.2 for the app. The idea is for it to be ready for download before the beers go on sale the following week.

This December release is when the crew starts to flex IPAs; there's a new sheriff in town.

@rozzom @jrnyc @SeanEDPBK @balto22 @FonyBones

3. gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy Zealot (541) Jun 1, 2014 New Jersey

No distro on this I'm guessing? Looks awesome.

DEdesings57 and SCW like this.
  4. SCW

None through the traditional channels. Come down and hitch a ride with @EnthusedAboutBeer or @jkane101 or @SixpointJMH :sunglasses:

#4 SCW, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    SammyJaxxxx, xmattxyzx and jrnyc like this.
  5. icfpny

icfpny Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2015 New York

:slight_frown:

6. SCW

don't forget the latest version of the app allows you to select multiple pick-up dates, including options for the week after

jrnyc and icfpny like this.
  7. icfpny

icfpny Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2015 New York

Oooh, just made my day.

SCW, jrnyc and frozyn like this.
  8. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Pooh-Bah (2,017) Aug 18, 2012 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society

Super excited for these.

xmattxyzx, SCW and jrnyc like this.
  9. frozyn

Trader

Any chance there will be tchotchkes or swag using this artwork? I'm not one to wear much branded clothing, but coasters or something similar would be pretty sweet to add to the collection.

SCW and jrnyc like this.
  10. jrnyc

jrnyc Pooh-Bah (2,988) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Drinking a Resin, really good beer, but Shane are your sure this is an IPA? I think there is something wrong with it, I can see right through it :stuck_out_tongue: !

Looking forward to the 16th and another great time at Sixpoint!

11. jrnyc

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

How about a hat, would you wear that :slight_smile:!?

SammyJaxxxx and frozyn like this.
  12. frozyn

Trader

:joy:. I think that first release automatically disqualified me from hats, at least for the foreseeable future.

jrnyc likes this.
  13. jrnyc

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Now one of those awesome vests, that I would wear!

14. SCW

what about a party hat?

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  15. jrnyc

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

New Years Eve Release :slight_smile:!

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  16. frozyn

Trader

The ones with the elastic strap under your chin? I’m game, but we need to get a picture with everyone wearing them and drinking a Hootie-Hoo. Surely we can do better than the picture of me holding a beer and some chili.

SCW and jrnyc like this.
  17. SCW

I could see @EnthusedAboutBeer 's little brother rocking a party hat.

EnthusedAboutBeer, frozyn and jrnyc like this.
  18. frozyn

Trader

Drinking a Smoothie right now from October and this stuff is still lit. Can’t wait to see how good Hootie and HH are going to be.

19. SCW

Just my opinion here, but they are not even in the same ballpark. I'd let @SixpointJMH chime in as well, but I think you might find them to be miles apart.

SammyJaxxxx, frozyn and xmattxyzx like this.
  20. JMH_

JMH_ Pooh-Bah (1,956) Feb 24, 2001 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I'd absolutely agree with that statement - been very happy with what I've tasted out of the tanks thus far, and can definitely say they are a different look/profile than the Smoothie.

jkane101, SammyJaxxxx and frozyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.