Best Restaurant to go to in Denver Airport Food+Brew

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by TIMMYJ21, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMMYJ21

TIMMYJ21 Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2010 Minnesota

Hey all I've got a 2 hour 40 min layover at the airport,need help on what place would be the best spot to grab food and some decent brew.

2. Domingo

Domingo Grand Pooh-Bah (4,206) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

There's a New Belgium restaurant/bar waaaaay down terminal B that's solid, if not a little out of the way.
    The Denver Chophouse has a location in Terminal A.
    Rock Bottom is in Terminal C.
    Within the main terminal itself are the Boulder Beer Taphouse (which carries some Avery stuff, too) and Red Rocks BBQ. Both have pretty good taps.
    I'd say you'll be okay with any of those, just go with whatever you're feeling at the time and whatever is closest.

hopfacebrew and FeerBart like this.
  3. drumrboy22

drumrboy22 Initiate (0) Jul 22, 2005 Colorado

Like Domingo said, there's a bunch of places with decent beers on tap at the airport. In addition to what was mentioned, the Timberline grill on the C Concourse has some decent taps as well. Avery, Great Divide and I've seen Stone in there from time to time. Lefty's, also on C, has Boulder, Avery, Sam Adams and a few others.

I work at the airport and have had a few meetings at the Rock Bottom. Their food is pretty solid.

Hope that helps.

4. TIMMYJ21

TIMMYJ21 Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2010 Minnesota

I seen they have New Belgium place there, do they have a good selection, and how is the food?

5. akbeerfiend

akbeerfiend Initiate (0) May 14, 2009 Alaska

Selection was pretty good for an airport bar, ranger,1554, sunshine, fat tire, blue paddle, hoptoberfest, trippel and abbey. I had the onion soup which was delicious as well as some sort of black saison that was pretty heavily spiced. Damn good experience for an airport.

6. BuckTuckian

BuckTuckian Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2012 Kentucky
    Trader

Do any of these places do growler fills?

7. ssteigerwald

ssteigerwald Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2010 Colorado
    Trader

No.

BuckTuckian likes this.
  8. elNopalero

elNopalero Grand Pooh-Bah (4,568) Oct 14, 2009 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

...and apparently everything closes by 10. If not earlier. Lot of good my epic layover is doing me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.