I hate lactose

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Effinwill, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pro45

pro45 Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2016 New York

If I drink a beer that contains lactose, unknowingly, the next day I'll give birth to triplets, Same with sours and overly yeasty beers. I used to be able to kill a 750 ml of Don De Dieu over the course of a night. Not anymore! Half the day will be spent on the johnny.

2. utopiajane

utopiajane Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2013 New York

I recently had the chance to observe a tartness from malt in the case of a roggen beer. If you do not know the style then you can't say you have experience with it. i.e in my case - a tangy, lightly bitter (from rye) aftertaste. Ok so here is where we can say that the old or the new guidelines were mores specific. i think the new guidelines are less specific and that the old ones were better written. When I tasted the beer I am talking about I knew exactly what the guidelines meant. ( 2008)

VABA likes this.
  3. EvenMoreJesus

EvenMoreJesus Initiate (0) Jun 8, 2017 Pennsylvania

I hate to be direct, but I'm unsure of your point and how it relates to the quote. Care to clarify?

utopiajane likes this.
  4. utopiajane

utopiajane Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2013 New York

No and because I thought it was obvious. I apologise.

VABA likes this.
  5. EvenMoreJesus

EvenMoreJesus Initiate (0) Jun 8, 2017 Pennsylvania

Next time I disagree with someone I'm going to have to give this strategy a whirl.

Said strategy being responding to something that they've said with a completely unrelated response and then refusing to clarify it when asked.

I think it's going to work well.

Thanks.

TheGrandMidwife, bbtkd and utopiajane like this.
  6. Effinwill

Effinwill Devotee (397) Dec 2, 2016 California

I think the point was: in the old days traditional methods, brewing traditional styles, yielded x results. You knew those results were caused by one of a handful of variables. Now, the style guidelines (and what constitutes acceptable brewing methods) have been blurred. It is more difficult to discern the difference between quality beer and flavored malt beverage.

7. Effinwill

Effinwill Devotee (397) Dec 2, 2016 California

I like bourbon, and I’ll even buy young bourbon for cocktails. It pisses me off that they add caramel color to young bourbon to approximate the color of old bourbon. Not necessary. Like dummy vents on old mustangs. Better off without them.
    First thing we’d do with our new bicycles on Xmas day? Take off the stickers, reflectors, chain guard, fenders and every other unnecessary piece of junk.
    Anybody have the new Budweiser amber lager? Good beer.

8. rgordon

rgordon Pooh-Bah (2,677) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society

You're pretty svelte in that avatar over there!

TongoRad likes this.
  9. rgordon

rgordon Pooh-Bah (2,677) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society

That's like Dancing in a Minefield! Wasn't that Christopher Walken, or Meryl Streep?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.