pFriem

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by sharpski, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derftron

derftron Pooh-Bah (1,639) Feb 8, 2012 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society

Vienna Lager was at new seasons last night. grabbed a bottle. yep......still fantastic.

as for pricing, even though I love pFriem, they are a little steep for me especially in regards to IPAs/Pilsners/Lagers and I generally get something else if the store has a good selection. But on tap they are usually the same price as everything else and its a no-brainer to go for the pFreim :slight_smile:

2. TheWiltChamberlainofipas

TheWiltChamberlainofipas Initiate (0) Apr 7, 2015 Oregon

After trying all these Revision ipas that have infiltrated Portland, I had to rinse my mouth out with Pfriem's mosaic pale.

3. sdhopaddict

sdhopaddict Initiate (0) Oct 9, 2016 California

I saw these down here in San Diego and I'm still not sure why they think we need their IPAs down here.

4. Lingenbrau

Lingenbrau Grand Pooh-Bah (4,779) Apr 9, 2011 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah

Mind my asking which one? Was just at Lombard NS in St. John's and no go yet.

5. dphi

dphi Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2013 Oregon

Their hazy stuff is hit or miss but I have had a few good ones. Their non-hazy IPA and DIPA I tried (I'd have to look back to see which ones) were actually very good though. Definitely rivaled the better local IPAs and much better than the vast majority of random IPAs that have made it up here from CA in the past year or two.

6. derftron

derftron Pooh-Bah (1,639) Feb 8, 2012 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society

The OG new seasons in SW portland. Beav. Hillsdale HWY

brandonwnw and Lingenbrau like this.
  7. TheWiltChamberlainofipas

TheWiltChamberlainofipas Initiate (0) Apr 7, 2015 Oregon

Yeah I thought they were pretty good as well

8. ElijahSF

ElijahSF Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2013 California

Revision is pumping out a crazy amount of beers. Love both their hazy and WCIPAs.

9. shelby415

shelby415 Pooh-Bah (1,914) Oct 10, 2011 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Pfriem is becoming the quintessential brewery that can (and will) brew damn near every style and do it really well. It wouldn't surprise me if a Sahti and a Kvass are scheduled for the near future.

That said, I agree that the 16oz size isn't ideal for many of their more common offerings and I'd love to see 6 packs of some of them (particularly the Mosaic pale!)

10. sharpski

sharpski Pooh-Bah (2,806) Oct 11, 2010 Canada (BC)
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

And a Happoshu and a Pale Mild, round out the hard to find styles for us tickers. If I have to get them from somewhere, it might as well be pFriem...

vurt, BBThunderbolt, 66jzmstr and 2 others like this.
  11. distantmantra

distantmantra Pooh-Bah (2,954) May 23, 2011 Washington
    Pooh-Bah Trader

There is nothing elusive or desirable about a Happoshu.

sharpski likes this.
  12. BeerandLoathing

BeerandLoathing Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2011 Oregon

I also agree with this. Someone recently came to me with little to no beer experience and was talking about wanting to get their Cicerone. I suggested if they didn't know certain styles to pretty much drink through the Pfriem catalogue. You could do worse. Every beer I've had from Pfriem has been spot on, even the ones that didn't particularly tickle my fancy (Coffee Pale Ale).

I'd take their Triple IPA over something like Pliny the Younger any day of the week.

zestd, stevesbeer, shelby415 and 2 others like this.
  13. BeerandLoathing

I hope somebody at Pfriem is reading this. Despite its low alcohol content I would love to see Pfriem brew up a Kvass. Their Berliner has always been something I'll grab a pint of when available.

mactrail and BBThunderbolt like this.
  14. jakecattleco

jakecattleco Grand Pooh-Bah (3,625) Sep 3, 2008 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Fn sign me up for this!

How wide does this see distribution? Pretty sure this just hit tops on my ISO list.

15. BeerandLoathing

Coffee Pale Ale was a one off a few years back. Although if you're referring to the coveted Triple IPA, I think they release it around National IPA day? I have also seen it pop up in Portland around the same time Pliny the Younger gets released (late February).

Every time I've seen it around it's been draft only. I keep crossing my fingers that it'll one day find itself bottled but as of yet that's not happened.

jakecattleco likes this.
  16. G_Z_a

G_Z_a Zealot (623) Feb 2, 2015 Oregon

So anyone know anything about this year’s Double IPA? Still haven’t seen it. It was widely available this same time the last couple years.

17. stevesbeer

stevesbeer Initiate (0) May 17, 2016 Washington

For anyone not following their Instagram, 24 hours ago was posted, 20 Days Left till the Triple IPA is Released, Feb 2nd. :slight_smile:

18. TaborTime

TaborTime Pundit (928) Dec 10, 2013 Oregon
    Trader

Just released at their taproom a few days ago, should be hitting bars & taprooms today/tomorrow.

19. surlytwinsfan

surlytwinsfan Zealot (576) Oct 5, 2010 Oregon
    Trader

Ditto!

ElijahSF likes this.
  20. devilmakesthree

devilmakesthree Initiate (0) Nov 27, 2013 Oregon

Definitely one of my favorite breweries here in Oregon. I adore the Belgian Strong Dark Ale, and when I visited the brewery a couple years back I had an absolutely wonderful time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.