Bruery 2018 RS/HS Allocations

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by fegelFatso, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brewaddict

brewaddict Pundit (929) Nov 25, 2015 California
    Trader

These were on the "coming soon" list.

On Tuesdays, We Brunch
    White Chocolate Chunk
    Chocolate Salty BBLs

Not all are guaranteed to show up in Feb. But based on history, a good chance one or two of them will.

Jonl0424 and Scottie_A25 like this.
  2. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

What? I have left The Bruery after 2pm and made it to Ventura County in less than 2.5 hours, the 30 miles to monkish will take a lot less than that. In fact I have driven from bottle logic at 12:30 to monkish and I don’t remember there being hardly any traffic.

3. elemenohpee1

elemenohpee1 Pundit (953) Oct 29, 2014 California

On the Terreux side the "coming soon" lists: Kyuri Dragon and tart of Darkness with black currants. Also, based off the Bruery IG story yesterday it appears regular White Chcolate will be February. Or at least it was bottled yesterday.

4. ScottWoerner

ScottWoerner Devotee (344) Jan 5, 2017 California
    Trader

Simply putting those locations into google maps (traffic/stop times at each brewery not included) yields a drive time of 1.3 hours. Throw in Friday traffic and you might have time for them all, without stopping longer than two minutes.

5. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

Um, I just put all 4 breweries into goggle maps, with the current drive time starting at terreux and working west and it is 58 mins. You realize that the first 3 places are like 10 mins from each other and don’t require using busy streets or freeways so there is no Friday traffic. Also, he is going against traffic on the 91, everyone is leaving LA, not going into it. Now that ride from Monkish could take awhile.

6. ScottWoerner

Trader

I was figuring 2.5 hours to do all four breweries and be back to the airport. 2.5 hours to do all breweries (not including travel time back to the airport) is much more reasonable. @JRGVII, please clarify.

Rbarnes4381 likes this.
  7. JRGVII

JRGVII Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2015 Texas

Haha. That’s starting in the Placentia area at noon and getting back to lax by 2:30-2:40. I tracked my route today on google maps to see what traffic might be like during the same time tomorrow. I can’t spend more than 15-20 mins at each spot, but they seem doable based on the average drive times I saw today. Also, I’m just picking up beer from 3 out of 4 places, so I might be able to shave some time off at BL and Monkish if I can get in and out. Longest drive is from OG to Monkish at 38 mins, but luckily Monkish isn’t too far from lax. Gonna use Waze and will definitely skip a stop if I feel like I’m losing time. I might not make it to all of them, but I figure it’s worth a shot! I’ll report back once my beer mission is complete

8. brewaddict

brewaddict Pundit (929) Nov 25, 2015 California
    Trader

Crazy tight schedule, but good luck.

My one and only time to the OG was about this time last year. Heading back to NorCal from Anza Borrego / Salton Sea. Planned to be there at opening time. Rolled in around 12:30pm. Picked up beer at the fulfillment center, got 4 or 5 tasters and a howler fill by 2pm which was my cutoff time to get north of LA by 3pm. Service was a little slow. I think it was a Wednesday. Fortunately didn't hit much traffic, but I really wish I had more time to hang out.

JRGVII likes this.
  9. Yabu

Yabu Savant (1,138) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

I gotta ask, why such a tight schedule? Out here for work?

Good luck btw

JRGVII likes this.
  10. JRGVII

JRGVII Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2015 Texas

Thanks! And it’s just a matter of flight times. I wish I could catch a later flight, but it’s either early afternoon and get back to Texas at a decent time or a red eye and try to fumble around a bunch of beer at 5 am after “sleeping” on a plane. I’m hoping I can make it all work, but if I can’t, at lease I’ll have my RS beer. Win-win-win!

kbenson and Yabu like this.
  11. mukesmemehouse

mukesmemehouse Devotee (324) Jan 5, 2016 California

Girl Grey is one of February's beers.

JRGVII and fegelFatso like this.
  12. kbenson

kbenson Zealot (667) Aug 15, 2012 Texas

I did all four (plus the fulfillment center) on a recent trip and it took me 4-5 hours to get through them. But I had at least a couple tasters at all the locations and wasn't in a rush. It was a Friday afternoon and the traffic wasn't all that bad so maybe you can make it. I would definitely stop at the Terreux tasting room for them Bruesicles. They were fantastic! You could probably skip the OG tasting room if you had to, but of course that's right next to the fulfillment center so you'll be over there any way...

13. fegelFatso

fegelFatso Pundit (925) Jun 23, 2013 California

So I guess going on-and-on about wanting Offshoot to make more West Coast IPAs eventually gets one named after you!

Go try "The Terrence" this weekend! Cheers!

14. BruerJoel

BruerJoel Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2015 California

We'll give you a punch on your card for any 32-oz. or 64-oz. fill. Crowlers are excluded from the punch card though.

15. ernh

ernh Savant (1,177) Jun 10, 2012 California

@BruerJoel I was a little sad 10am rolled around and there wasn't a surprise Groundhogs Day Sale - the Ned Ryerson Sale - featuring beers brewed with, or aged in, rye.

Saxmusik45 likes this.
  16. Jafix

Jafix Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2016 California
    Trader

Be aware... the 50% fill/flight/pour rewards look to expire at 7:52 AM tomorrow. Not end of business on 2/3 like I had personally assumed.

17. Yabu

Yabu Savant (1,138) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

ah, man! That doesn't make sense.

18. Akusei

Akusei Initiate (142) Aug 15, 2017 California

Seriously? It's not just good until used? Or at least good through the year? It's disappointing that I'm going to lose out on this "benefit" as I'm not OC local and can't make it there so easily.

Maybe I'm off base and this was all clearly stated but putting tight time frames on benefits doesn't feel like they should be used as "selling points" for HS/RS members.

....and now I'm a complainy pants on The Bruery--BA forum :slight_frown:

19. SDReaper

SDReaper Pooh-Bah (2,150) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Well, this wasn't the first offering, so rather doubtful it will be the last. So complaining about missing this particular one seems...rather unnecessary. I'm not an OC local, so it doesn't affect me in the least. I used it once for half off a flight and then poof, a new one appears the day after.

So I would relax, maybe smoke a bowl/or crack a beer, there will be more offerings in the future.

20. ScottWoerner

Trader

This is the Bruery thread, zero tolerance for relaxing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.