Tired Hands (May 2018)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by LuckyOneSix, May 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makalarch

makalarch Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2011 Pennsylvania

Tony Vecchio now resides on my spirits shelf. We had it as a night cap last weekend and figured it went best with the port etc. (and is capped like a port bottle). Also had the Peach Endoused which was solid but not a whole lot of peach going on. Weirdly enough (because they were just here) had it side by side with a couple Side Project bottles and they were a lot more fruit forward. Also picked up last week's triple which was again solid but HiFi I thought was excellent. That same Tired Hands body but a nice clean finish, almost spritzy hence the name Brut IPA. Overall nice Friday night pickup of 2 different cans (of like 4 or 5 available) and 3 bottles (of like a dozen available).

NodEast likes this.
  2. NickCaff

NickCaff Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2009 Pennsylvania

What did you think of the Tony Vecchio? Getting mixed reviews online.

3. jmdrpi

jmdrpi Grand High Pooh-Bah (8,245) Dec 11, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Using the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, the first archiving of the General Store website was in June 2017, Ourison was priced $15
    https://web.archive.org/web/20170625224904/http://www.tiredhands.com/general-store/

Rfro5 and William_Navidson like this.
  4. InsuranceGuy

InsuranceGuy Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2011 Delaware

Funny, I thought the same thing last night about a Noon line so I made the trek up there around 1030p and grabbed 2 4pks of Eviscerated and the Shake. Fully plan on keeping all of it, but if the Shake is a "miss" at least I can swap it for something else.

5. William_Navidson

William_Navidson Maven (1,451) May 1, 2015 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I haven't heard anything positive whatsoever about the new batch.

Also good to see that both (a) I'm not crazy and (b) Tired Hands lowered bottle prices a little... that would be awesome if it's indicative of a general trend.

NickCaff likes this.
  6. makalarch

makalarch Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2011 Pennsylvania

It is sitting on my spirits shelf as in we opened it and each had maybe 2oz and none of us finished our pours. It reminded me of a port more than anything else I think, a tart very rich red wine. I don't know I couldn't wrap my head around it at the time.

NickCaff likes this.
  7. kdb150

kdb150 Initiate (0) Mar 8, 2012 Pennsylvania

I can't imagine much Ourison moves at $15/bottle. Or even $12. Not when I can go pick up more ounces of SaisonHands for less cash with a growler fill.

8. jonphisher

jonphisher Grand Pooh-Bah (3,436) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

digdug1810 likes this.
  9. William_Navidson

Trader

Eh, I'm sure it's not flying off the shelves but TH probably doesn't expect it to, ether. I think $12 is a very reasonable price point for that type of beer, and bottles have a definite advantage over growlers even if they are a few dollars more expensive (not sure how much a growler of SH is).

Kadonny likes this.
  10. William_Navidson

Trader

Right, but it was $15 for a while, and now it's down to $12. That's what I was pointing out, and I think a price drop is worth noticing.

11. TheTalkingDrum

TheTalkingDrum Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2017 New Jersey

Scanning back through a million Instagram posts and Ourison Batch 1 was released 11/02/2015 with a price of $15 a bottle. While scrolling, I also noticed Batch 5 was also priced at $15. Both of those releases were pre-General Store.

jonphisher likes this.
  12. BullRuth

BullRuth Aspirant (248) Aug 11, 2009 Pennsylvania

Ourison was only ever $15, never $10.

jonphisher likes this.
  13. Kadonny

Kadonny Pooh-Bah (2,582) Sep 5, 2007 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Just left the Ferm, and confirmed by a recent IG update of the can page. Both IPOB and Shake were left at 1:00 but guessing by the line they both are probably sold out now....or very close to it.

CanConPhilly, Adrena1ine and NodEast like this.
  14. CanConPhilly

CanConPhilly Initiate (0) May 17, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Trader

All 3 listed as Sold Out now on their can page.

15. kdb150

kdb150 Initiate (0) Mar 8, 2012 Pennsylvania

16. digdug1810

digdug1810 Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2011 New Jersey

glad to see ourison at $12.. $15 was fine when it hit but as it's been around forever and doesn't move swiftly and you can get HF shelfies for $10 it's about time a little more consideration went into the pricing/aka it doesn't sell... price it cheaper.... you may convince people to buy 1 when they visit

NickCaff likes this.
  17. Nadtla

Nadtla Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Anticipating some #tacocans tomorrow - one of my personal favorites.

18. NickCaff

I wouldn’t expect cans, but if you get there early enough, should be able to get a crowler.

19. Nadtla

Nadtla Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Between the #tacocans at the end of the post and Cellarmaker's post, I have a good feeling. On the other hand, it wouldn't be the first time I've been mistaken so we'll see.

20. NickCaff

Didn’t catch the #tacocans when I saw it. Good catch. Not my favorite beer, I like the idea of it more than the beer itself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.