What beer are you drinking now #2073

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by superspak, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superspak

superspak Grand High Pooh-Bah (10,336) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Good morning BA, have a great Sunday! Not much going on, another normal Sunday with bottle returns, laundry, and a grocery run later on. Supposed to get some rain again today.

This is awesome. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, grapefruit, lemon, peach, pineapple, passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, berry, coconut, vanilla, marshmallow, cream, and citrus zest; with moderate honey, brown sugar, biscuit dough malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light pine, citrus peel, herbal, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full body; very creamy/silky/bready malt/sugar mouthfeel; light hop sticky/resins. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness, no hop astringency. Very smooth, mildly warming 8.6%. This is a tad more bitter and less soft on the mouthfeel than the one I reviewed a few months ago. Awesome hop juiciness, balanced vanilla, sugars, and bready malts; not overly sweet/heavy. Would get again. I have a few DIPAs I still need to review from them.
    [​IMG]

This is insanely amazing. BBA Serpents stout with cocoa/coffee. Aromas and flavors of huge nutty dark roast coffee, milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, caramel, molasses, toffee, marshmallow, fudge, brownie batter, vanilla, bourbon, toasted oak, and dark bread; with lighter notes of coconut, licorice, smoke, leather, tobacco, and dark fruits. Touch of booze in the aroma as it warmed, but not overwhelming. Very mild roast bitterness and bourbon/oak spiciness on the finish. Mild carbonation and very full body; with an insanely rich, creamy, silky, and velvety mouthfeel that is amazing. Minimal chalky roast, oak tannins, or dryness. No cloying sweetness. Mildly increasing warmth of 13.5%, zero barrel booze. Dangerously smooth sipper. Mind blowingly rich and complex flavors. Amazing balance of fruity/nutty coffee, cocoa, and black/roasted malts; with perfect barrel integration. Not overly roasty on malts nor tannic on the barrels. I grabbed a couple more after I reviewed it, and will gladly do it again.
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Premo88, Betolito, dcotom and 35 others like this.
  2. BeerGlassesCollector

BeerGlassesCollector Maven (1,392) Nov 11, 2002 Cyprus
    Trader

3. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Grand Pooh-Bah (4,089) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

22 miles cycling completed. Time for some carb reloading, 92 heat index already. Have a great Sunday!
    [​IMG]

Betolito, dcotom, Budlum and 41 others like this.
  4. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,433) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Breakfast juice this morning courtesy of @SawDog505 - Breakaway Beerworks’ “RISE” a tasty DIPA:

Really enjoyable! Tasty grapefruit/citrus peel bitter linger delivered to my tongue via a crisp, clean medium lite bodied liquid - I like!

Cheers and have a great Sunday y’all!

Betolito, dcotom, puck1225 and 32 others like this.
  5. superspak

superspak Grand High Pooh-Bah (10,336) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Amazing as usual this year. Aromas and flavors of huge mango, melon, peach, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, guava, berry, grapefruit, tangerine, lemon zest, orange peel, citrus rind, pepper, and pine hops; with moderate honey and spicy rye bread malt balance; and herbal, floral, grassy hops earthiness. Good sized pine, citrus rind, herbal, grassy, spicy bitterness on the finish. Medium-plus bodied with balanced bready/grainy malts and sticky/resin/rindy hops in the mouthfeel. Moderate increasing resin/rind dryness, minimal hop astringency. Very mildly warming ABV, dangerously smooth. Insane dankness across the board. This is basically just imperial Born Yesterday IMO, very similar if not the same hops. Ekuanot, Galaxy, Simcoe, and Mosaic was the first batch, probably similar here. This has all of the same dankness at a much higher ABV, while remaining well attenuated and not overly sweet for over 11.3%. Mosaic and Ekuanot are my favorite hops.
    [​IMG]

Fantastic! Aromas and flavors of huge nutty medium roast coffee, milk/dark chocolate, cocoa, caramel, brown sugar, vanilla, toffee, coconut, cream, frosting, almonds, cake batter, and toasted dark/brown bread; with light notes of smoke, char, dark fruit, and herbal hops. Light herbal/spicy hop and roast/char bitterness on the finish. Light-medium carbonation and fairly full body; very creamy/silky/bready malt mouthfeel; light slickness, sticky hops, and chalky roast. Lightly increasing lingering hop/char dryness. Never acrid/astringent. Mildly increasing warmth of 12.5%. Dangerously smooth. Wow this was really impressive. Super rich malt complexity with great fruity/nutty coffee presence, and some lactose/spices. This tastes exactly like Tiramisu stout but richer, so probably the imperial version. I keep grabbing more every time I see it!
    [​IMG]

Cheers

6. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Grand Pooh-Bah (3,593) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hey BA's

Rainy day off and on Saturday for the Antique Boat Show I do every year - my 105 year old canoe is always the oldest vessel there....and still a beauty! More rain in the works today....

[​IMG]

this stuff is well....righteous!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

show still had a nice turnout - almost 50 boats there, even with the rainy weather

[​IMG]

1913 B.N. Morris canoe - built in Veazie Maine

[​IMG]

7. aasher

aasher Grand Pooh-Bah (4,471) Jan 27, 2010 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah

The husky woke me up about an hour and a half before my alarm was set to go off so I already did a bunch of work that I was going to do tomorrow and now I'm just grilling bacon and watching the World Cup

[​IMG]

Betolito, dcotom, nc41 and 33 others like this.
  8. Danmullens1

Danmullens1 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,534) Mar 24, 2012 Wisconsin
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

9. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Grand Pooh-Bah (4,679) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Insane early start to the day,already been to the gym and saw a few clients so figured I can have a beer earlier than usuall[​IMG]

10. eppCOS

eppCOS Grand Pooh-Bah (4,236) Jun 27, 2015 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society

Mornin' juice, brah... been enjoying this 4Noses gem (Whimsy NE*IPA).
    What a butt-stomping by England...hopefully the next game is an actual match. cheers!
    [​IMG]

TooGood, Betolito, dcotom and 29 others like this.
  11. mschrei

mschrei Grand Pooh-Bah (4,983) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Being woken up by a sick five year old is not the best start to the day, but this helps.
    [​IMG]

Crawfish61, Betolito, dcotom and 36 others like this.
  12. lordofthewiens

lordofthewiens Grand Pooh-Bah (5,891) Sep 17, 2005 New Mexico
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

13. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Pooh-Bah (2,348) Mar 29, 2010 American Samoa
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

2:1 pbr:schlitz with a lime wedge. I should finish the Schlitz it's not very good even for nostalgic purposes. Someone is super friendly this morning.
    [​IMG]

14. Reef

Reef Pooh-Bah (2,449) Dec 2, 2016 South Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society

More boat pictures please!

15. TrojanRB

TrojanRB Grand Pooh-Bah (3,185) Jul 27, 2013 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Morning BA’s, early start for me today (although I technically never stopped). I smoked a pork shoulder overnight...we are having neighbors over for a bbq lunch.

16. VABA

VABA Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,131) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society

[​IMG]
    Cheers!

Betolito, dcotom, Budlum and 28 others like this.
  17. VABA

VABA Grand High Pooh-Bah (7,131) Aug 8, 2015 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society

That looks awesome! Enjoy!

TrojanRB and DoctorZombies like this.
  18. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,433) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Gloomy misty cool (65) morning...time for something stronger:

I’m loving this cool Summer Finger Lakes weather! Cheers from Marcellus NY!

Betolito, dcotom, Budlum and 33 others like this.
  19. Taphouse_Traveler

Taphouse_Traveler Grand Pooh-Bah (4,459) Jan 30, 2012 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society

20. Beersnake

Beersnake Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,330) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Well, I'm still pumped about that German win over Sweden last night (sorry @JamFuel :stuck_out_tongue:). Enjoying this imperial quadrupel from Jopen on a nice sunny afternoon. Cheers!

[​IMG]

Mvsmvs92, Betolito, dcotom and 28 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.