What beer are you drinking now? #2133

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by beergoot, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoBearsWalter34

GoBearsWalter34 Pooh-Bah (2,746) Aug 1, 2014 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah

Hamms to start my Friday.

2. goingbrokeonbeer

goingbrokeonbeer Grand Pooh-Bah (3,400) Dec 4, 2013 South Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Of the 3 beers I have on hand, I think the only one that could follow Sip is Sip.
    [​IMG]

3. joe1510

joe1510 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,522) Aug 21, 2006 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah

I, also, often, sometimes, usually, mostly, prefer Hamm's.

4. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Grand Pooh-Bah (4,679) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

5. Ocalafox

Ocalafox Grand Pooh-Bah (4,089) May 17, 2016 Florida
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Still drinking from my state, enjoying this Gun...Two weeks from today I will have revisited The Alchemist and scored some Heady/Crusher/Focal to fly home with. Dis me if ya want to but I still think it's great beer. Cheers Mates, no work tomorrow!
    [​IMG]

6. joe1510

Pooh-Bah

If your third beer is Old Chub, I'll laugh.

7. laketang

laketang Pooh-Bah (2,993) Mar 22, 2015 Arizona
    Pooh-Bah Society

8. mickyge

mickyge Grand Pooh-Bah (4,128) Nov 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Happy Friday Eve BA’s
    Really nice night to grill so I grabbed a couple of rib eyes. Mine is perfect hers looks like an old shoe, but you have to know your clientele.
    [​IMG]
    Got to love a boss that vacations in Vermont and thinks of her crew
    [​IMG]
    RIPs go out to the man that made arguably the most iconic song intro in music history

9. larryi86

larryi86 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,106) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Pooh-Bah Trader

My weekend starts now, first beer is South County Pineapple Coconut Gelato, best milkshake I’ve tried from any brewery that’s not Tired Hands, cheers!
    [​IMG]

10. cjgator3

cjgator3 Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2006 Florida

2014 Cigar City Hunahpu’s.

[​IMG]

11. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Grand Pooh-Bah (5,542) Aug 12, 2007 California
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Fine, I'll drink an IPA. After all, one must uphold appearances. :rolling_eyes:

BAs, I have a question. What is your food of choice to pair with your favorite beer, or when you're drinking in general. I have noticed that @beerloserLI enjoys wings, as well as sandwiches; @Greywulfken pairs numerous treats, but I've seen plenty of meats & cheeses; I've also seen @Ocalafox have pizza on occasion. Maybe you have a go-to, and maybe you don't. I'm sure there's a segment that would just rather drink. Let me know. Cheers!
    [​IMG]

#171 TheIPAHunter, Aug 24, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  12. superspak

superspak Grand High Pooh-Bah (10,336) May 5, 2010 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Excellent blonde! Fantastic head retention and thick soapy lacing on the glass. Aromas and flavors of big lemon, orange, grapefruit, peach, pear, melon, apricot, and pepper hops/yeast; with moderate cracker, white bread dough, toasted biscuit malts; herbal, floral, grassy hop and yeasty earthiness. Mild herbal, floral, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium-plus carbonation, medium body, and fairly crisp/clean finishing. Creamy/bready/grainy Vienna malt and light sticky hops in the mouthfeel. Lightly increasing lingering bitter dryness. Very flavorful/refreshing, 4.5%. Not watery at all. MI grown Brewers Gold and Crystal hops. Very clean and nicely rich Vienna malts, with balanced citrus/earthy hops and fruity yeast; with just enough bitterness to balance sweetness. Spot on stuff. Would buy again. 4.03
    [​IMG]

Another from @The-Adjunct-Hippie. Awesome IPA. Great head retention and spotty lacing on the glass. Aromas and flavors of big tangerine, grapefruit, lemon, peach, pineapple, apricot, passion fruit, papaya, mango, melon, guava, white grape, gooseberry, blueberry, citrus peel/rind, peppercorn, and pine hops; with moderate toasted biscuit, light honeyed malts; and herbal, floral, grassy hop earthiness. Light-moderate pine, citrus peel/rind, herbal, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Medium carbonation and body, and fairly crisp finishing. Balanced creamy/bready/grainy malt and sticky hops in the mouthfeel. Some lingering resins/rinds, light-moderate increasing bitter dryness, no hop astringency. Very drinkable, not aggressive, minimal warming 7.2%. The Mosaic, Citra, Hallertau Blanc, Galaxy profile is completely outstanding. Awesome balanced mix of juicy, vibrant, dank, and earthy hop complexity; great bready malt backbone, with mild lingering sweetness and balancing resins. Hope this hits distro some day, I would buy a ton of it. That hop bill is some of my favorite stuff of all time. 4.1
    [​IMG]

Cheers

LeperJim, basaywhat, Reef and 24 others like this.
  13. TheIPAHunter

TheIPAHunter Grand Pooh-Bah (5,542) Aug 12, 2007 California

I enjoy reading your reviews, sir. Thanks for continuing to contribute beyond measure. I wish I wasn't so lazy. Cheers!

Txex06, GreenBayBA, Ocalafox and 2 others like this.
  14. beergoot

beergoot Grand High Pooh-Bah (8,596) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado

Pursuing a very nice Vienna lager from Fair State Brewing Cooperative...

...boiling the spaghetti noodles while Rocket eyes the Vienna lager...smart dog...

15. TheBrewsky

TheBrewsky Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2017 California

Coasters are coming along. Time to open up a Revision.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. HoppingMadMonk

HoppingMadMonk Grand Pooh-Bah (4,679) Mar 3, 2017 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

@mickyge I know what you mean, my wife likes filet mignon well done, gotta know your audience . Those steaks did look delicious though

larryi86, MacMalt, mickyge and 3 others like this.
  17. joe1510

Pooh-Bah

I haven't been wearing pockets for the last three hours.

I dropped my phone thrice upon supposed insertion into said pockets.

"King Sue" seems sexist to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. thebeers

thebeers Grand Pooh-Bah (5,393) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

19. SomethingClever

SomethingClever Grand Pooh-Bah (4,757) Feb 22, 2013 Ohio
    Pooh-Bah Society

This one didn’t gush at all go figure. The more I deal with people the more I have almost orgasmic fantasies of an “I am Legend” scenario. Minus the vampire creatures and the dog.
    [​IMG]pic hosting

20. The_Kriek_Freak

The_Kriek_Freak Grand Pooh-Bah (5,083) Aug 18, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.