Casa Agria Specialty Ales

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by bnelson997, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbenson

kbenson Zealot (667) Aug 15, 2012 Texas

While I agree with you, Medianoche is a fantastic beer!

2. sdhopaddict

sdhopaddict Initiate (0) Oct 9, 2016 California

Has this expansion already gone up? I may head up to visit the brewery this weekend. Any nearby breweries that are real standouts? Or should I try to stop at spots on my way north from SD instead? (LA/OC areas)

3. thuey

thuey Pooh-Bah (1,681) Nov 13, 2015 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

Oh, for 2019 New Year's Day, I popped open my bottle of Austerity (peach foeder aged Saison) purchased last January at their taproom.

I'm sure it would have been really great fresh but even with 14 months on it, it was delicious! Looking forward to my 2019 membership.

marcus23 likes this.
  4. asong_net

asong_net Zealot (586) Jan 26, 2016 California
    Trader

Still a work in progress but the OG taproom isn't usually crowded so you should be good to go.

5. sdhopaddict

Thanks for those recommendations. A friend had suggested Institution so we may stop by there. Depends on traffic if we go to Enegren and how many beers we have at other spots. Can I find their cans at shops around Camarillo/Oxnard area? I'd rather blindly buy a few six packs to save room for a possible stop at Dry River on our way South.

6. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

You can find cans of a lot of stuff at many places, and actually I just got a four pack of their maple Baltic porter at Costco in Simi Valley.

7. sdhopaddict

Sadly I went out of the area before remembering to stop by Whole Foods up there so I'll have to grab some Enegren another time. Still, Casa was fantastic and exceeded my expectations especially in the area of hazy IPAs and imperial stouts. I'm glad I decided to make the trek.

thuey likes this.
  8. thuey

thuey Pooh-Bah (1,681) Nov 13, 2015 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

Interesting! Those were the two styles I felt they weren't so good at when I visited this time last year :grin:

But I just joined as a 2019 member (<3 their Saisons) so looking to see if they've improved. Looking forward to it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.