Founders Bolt Cutter 15th Anniversary Barley Wine

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by joshrosborne, Jun 24, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsal89

dsal89 Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2008 Indiana

That is awesome! I really hope they show up on their web store.

bozodogbreath likes this.
  2. cwm5429

cwm5429 Initiate (0) Feb 20, 2011 Indiana

This is the message they sent me in response to if the glasses will show up online: 'We have Bolt Cutter glassware in right now but are starting with on-site sales for those coming to pick up bottles in our company store here in Grand Rapids. We plan to put the remaining inventory online on Monday, November 19, the same day that the beer will be released to all of our markets. Thanks for your interest! Cheers!'

bozodogbreath likes this.
  3. zbomb33

zbomb33 Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2012

I will let you all know soon, in about 5 hours 4 bottles will be in my possession.

BreakingBad likes this.
  4. BreakingBad

BreakingBad Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2012

More reviews please!

5. DrWalterWhite

DrWalterWhite Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2012 Illinois

I didn't do a detailed review with notes, but I thought it was incredible. The smell and taste were like some type brown sugar/pineapple dessert. There is a little less bourbon than I expected, but it came out more and more as the beer warmed up. The alcohol was amazing well hidden. I almost don't believe it was 15%. The best part may have been the mouthfeel. It was very thick and velvety. This is a really impressive beer. If I had to take a stab at what the BA rating would be in 6 months, I would say somewhere in the 95-97 range.

fujindemon74 and BreakingBad like this.
  6. steebo777

steebo777 Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

Definitely excited to drink this all day Saturday. My liver, however, feels opposite that.

7. soughtbygod

soughtbygod Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2011 California

im going to be in wisconsin this week will this be hitting shelves out that way?

8. Steimie

Steimie Maven (1,404) Jan 7, 2012 Michigan

I believe it goes into distro next week. Unless you're in CT. Or NY. Or anywhere else where it's already been released "accidentally."

9. soughtbygod

soughtbygod Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2011 California

Damn that sucks because i really would like to get my hands on a few bottles and I know that i wont get in distro in cali where I live, i wish i could time the trip better, and i wish i had time to go to michigan

10. CWBlues

CWBlues Initiate (0) May 4, 2011 Indiana

I've beat my liver into submission before; Saturday I'll do it again!

Shagtastic, bookerandy and Steimie like this.
  11. Davihaw

Davihaw Initiate (0) Jun 19, 2012 Illinois

Chicago getting it after 11/19 is what I am hearing. My wife's friend is going to the event tomorrow on my behalf! Really looking forward to this!

12. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2011 Michigan

Anyone looking for a third bottle that'll be at Founders tomorrow? My ticket is for tomorrow (Tuesday), and I plan on getting there at noon, however, I'm only able to buy one bottle. If anyone is looking for a third bottle that'll be there at the same time, I'll hook you up with my 2nd bottle allocation if you want to give me the cash for it. IP only, obviously. Message me if interested, and we can plan to meet at the brewery and work out any other details.

JohnB87 and BreakingBad like this.
  13. fujindemon74

fujindemon74 Pooh-Bah (1,797) Nov 7, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah

You're first mistake was taking your wife...

14. Steimie

Steimie Maven (1,404) Jan 7, 2012 Michigan

No, his mistake was not getting a ticket for his wife so he could drop $92 on 4 bottles.

Mjmoser, mnaclerio, jgagne and 2 others like this.
  15. fujindemon74

fujindemon74 Pooh-Bah (1,797) Nov 7, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah

Praying I can land a few bottles and a glass.

16. GorillaWarfare

GorillaWarfare Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2012 Massachusetts

17. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2011 Michigan

Got someone hooked up for this. Thanks to the other guys for your interest!

imfrommichigan and BreakingBad like this.
  18. egrace84

egrace84 Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2012 Illinois

I will be there tomorrow 11/13 with Darkness '12, Sucaba, and BCBS '12 if anyone would like to do an IP trade for Bolt Cutter or sell a bottle from their allotment. Cheers!

19. JonathanSuarez

JonathanSuarez Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2012 Illinois

Anybody able to offer a ride that will be attending tomorrow, 11/13, from Chicago would be greatly appreciated. Besides ga$$$ I can also offer decent brew for your kindness. My vehicle just crapped on me & Megabus isn't an option. I don't want to miss out on the event. Plus the glasses look friggin sweet!

20. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2012 Illinois

I'll be going Friday with the wife for the 4 bottle $92 investment....if anyone from Chicago needs me to grab a glass or backwoods etc, let me know. I'll also be at afternoon session of fobab. Just looking to hook some brothers up if needed, got more snifters than I can drink out of.

JonathanSuarez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.