Mendocino Brewing Co. coming back with limited releases of Red Tail and Eye of the Hawk

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by unlikelyspiderperson, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Grand Pooh-Bah (3,862) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

http://nwbnonline.brewingnews.com/publication/?m=9247&l=1#{"issue_id":565795,"numpages":1,"page":23}

Looks like some local folks are trying to get the old mendocino brewery fired back up. Apparently they did a very limited run of Red Tail and Eye of the Hawk at the end of last year.
    EotH was one of my introductions to craft beer. I also always really liked their Blue Heron pale ale. They also used to bottle a blend of EotH with their stout that they called Black Eye, it was wonderful.
    Will be lovely if they can make a regional return

2. raynmoon

raynmoon Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado

Guess they're gonna start makin' some sick hazies!

thuey and FatBoyGotSwagger like this.
  3. premierpro

premierpro Savant (1,060) Mar 21, 2009 Michigan

I really enjoyed the Red Tail. I found it to be malty goodness in a glass. Nice to find a beer that is not over hopped!

Bitterbill likes this.
  4. anfield86

anfield86 Pooh-Bah (2,594) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

It's always nice to see "legacy brands" trying to come back.

Remember when BBC brought back New Albion Ale for a while? It's too bad it seems to be gone again; that was a pretty fun beer to drink (even if it was a near carbon copy of SNPA....understandably so).

beerluvr likes this.
  5. kingsleyr

kingsleyr Initiate (0) Jun 20, 2005 Washington

I'd love to see the closer to original, higher abv red tail back. EotH was always a solid grocery store value purchase.

Squire likes this.
  6. thesherrybomber

thesherrybomber Initiate (0) Jun 13, 2017 California
    Deactivated

This was one of my first... wasn't too long ago (two? three? years) I walked down the street and bought a bomber. Wonder how close to the original it will be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.