1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

NBO : SLOPPY SECONDS HINTS/HAULS

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by FFFjunkie, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buck89

Buck89 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,718) Feb 7, 2015 Tennessee
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

2. Joplamp

Joplamp Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2016 Michigan
    Trader

Such a jerk move! Just kidding! I should be up to MSP in the near future for a SpartanNash food show. I’ll let you know and probably drag some Speciation bottles along for you.

3. Yabey

Yabey Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2016 Florida

[​IMG]

@Vidblain I know I said this earlier, but I’m very much a fan of this glass. The beer is pretty fantastic as well haha thanks again!

4. Vidblain

Vidblain Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2017 Minnesota
    Trader

I mean, who knows whether I'll survive to ever send anything again? Had to get out a token box at the very least!

I'll never say no to Speciation, but @FlintB may get ornery if you horn in on his distro! :wink::grin: If you make it down here, definitely let me know - I'd be happy to buy you a beer at Barrel Theory/Wild Mind/Surly/Dangerous Man, etc.!

Glassware > beer :grin: Really glad you enjoy that one - love the glass, and the beer! Citra is my jam!

5. bl00

bl00 Savant (1,220) May 13, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Targets- do you enjoy coffee? Like this post if so.

6. y2kawakami

y2kawakami Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2015 Hawaii
    Trader

Hint #1: I’m thinking of a football player. He has played in this century

hint 2: He has use of both hands (a football player can now be eliminated)

Hint #3: He has made the playoffs

unrelated hint: I'm shipping east, or really, really west

hint 4: He was a first round draft pick

Hint #5: He played college ball at a “power 5” conference school

hint 6: He has played for a team that has won at least one super bowl. I can’t remember if he was on that team or not. I’m getting old.

Hint #7: He did make the pro bowl in his career

hint 8: [​IMG]

Hint #9: I know this isn’t a football hint, but Jabari Parker flashed so much potential.

hint 10: my favorite football team plays in a South division in the NFL

Hint #11: I’m hoping my favorite football team takes a serious look at Tua next year. Not sure if they have a franchise quarterback of the future in place yet.

hint 12:
    [​IMG]

Hint #13: back to the original football player i was thinking of...I'd like to think he'd be a popular choice in Japan

hint 14: the number of times he was selected to the pro bowl = the # pick he was drafted

Hint #15: unrelated to the football player hint - I’ve been to one target’s state but not the other.

hint 16: Either I have sent or received or exchanged beer with one target before, but not the other.

Hint #17: hints 9 and 13 go together, hints 10-12 refer to a team, and hints 1-8,14 refer to a player

hint 18: the sum of the digits of the football player's jersey on the team that i have been referencing is 16

7. FFFjunkie

FFFjunkie Initiate (0) Aug 26, 2014 Illinois

Nicely done @Vidblain !

8. FlintB

FlintB Initiate (0) May 27, 2017 Michigan

Underrated: W's reaction time. He's like an amused ninja.

9. r0rschach

r0rschach Initiate (0) Jun 19, 2017 Texas

[​IMG]

Guess today was Shooter McGavin day! Mine had a leaky seal (thankfully @Vidblain bagged it up real nice so the beer was contained) so I had to drink it fast. Delicious beer and Citra is pretty much my favorite hop. This glass is fucking awesome, I'm gonna push to get some made at work! Thanks Chris!

10. r0rschach

r0rschach Initiate (0) Jun 19, 2017 Texas

Couldn't agree more, I'm impressed every time I see that clip. Curious to see how our current president's reaction time would stack up.

11. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Grand Pooh-Bah (4,801) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Your rant rings true. Two years ago, I managed to stand in a 30 minute line for the weekly release of Veil cans. It was not too bad because there was usually someone in front of me or behind me from out of town (mostly out of state) so I had the chance to yak with them about the brewery scene. Once, I stood in line at Triple Crossing for an hour in order to get some great release that week.

Those days are gone. If I see a long line when I drive by a brewery I just turn around and go home. Maybe I am just getting too old but my consolation is I stop on my way home and fill a growler (an essential tool to keep in your car) at Growlers To Go. They always have an awesome selection of beers on draft.

It seems we are a lot alike. My condolences!

12. bl00

bl00 Savant (1,220) May 13, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Hint #9- one of my targets has been more active than the other in this thread by an order of magnitude. If I've counted correctly, at the moment the number of posts by the more active target can be divisible by the number of posts by the less active target and result in a whole number.

13. Franfab

Franfab Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2018 Illinois
    Trader

[​IMG]

14. jhavs

jhavs Grand Pooh-Bah (3,551) Apr 16, 2015 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

[​IMG]

15. TheGent

TheGent Grand Pooh-Bah (4,201) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Lord help me

I would wait in line for an hour for triple crossing. Them IPA's were seriously point.

FlintB, Vidblain, Harrison8 and 16 others like this.
  16. TheGent

TheGent Grand Pooh-Bah (4,201) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

*On point (Damn inability to edit in this forum)

FlintB, Vidblain, Buck89 and 10 others like this.
  17. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Savant (1,170) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Down here in FL we dont mind waiting in line. We drink!!!! either openly or hide it in our YETI

FlintB, Vidblain, r0rschach and 15 others like this.
  18. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Grand Pooh-Bah (4,801) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I agree with you about Triple Crossing (TC) IPAs. Almost all I have had, and I have had a lot, were really good. It may sound like heresy, but I will take my chances with a new TC IPA release then I would with a new Veil IPA release.

Other than a few weeks ago when they held anniversary events, i usually do not have to wait more than ten minutes.

Keep me in mind in the event you would like some of their IPAs.

FlintB, Vidblain, Harrison8 and 15 others like this.
  19. thatoneguymike

thatoneguymike Pooh-Bah (1,947) Sep 18, 2012 Georgia
    Pooh-Bah

ummm here, sir

20. JFreres

JFreres Zealot (601) Dec 2, 2014 Wisconsin
    Trader

Anyone in this group planning on going to Bark Lord Day at Transient on Sunday? I am itching for a bottle of Cantuckley, but I don' t think my buddy will be able to sweet talk his wife into making the detour on the way home from Dark Lord, after being our DD for a couple of days. If anyone is able and willing to work out a trade, please let me know.

FlintB, FFFjunkie, Vidblain and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.