Abyss 2012

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by kscaldef, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Initiate (0) Jul 18, 2012 Washington

Hah! Ninja visit. Hopefully the service was good. Say hey next time!

2. John_M

John_M Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,275) Oct 25, 2003 Washington
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Service was friendly and quick... it always is. We were on our way to Woodinville, and were concerned about the traffic, given the rain. So we really only had time for a quick stop. Still, everyone had a nice time and we enjoyed our time there. Will try to make a more extended visit next time around. Cheers!

Lordkrystic likes this.
  3. cavemanlawyer

cavemanlawyer Zealot (611) Dec 7, 2010 Oregon

Found a few bottles yesterday at the Hollywood Fred Meyer, $14.19 each. I called around to a few other stores but they all said it hasn't arrived yet. There were about six bottles on the display when I left.

4. BrassHandles

BrassHandles Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2012 Washington

Picked up 10 bottles yesterday. Going to cellar a few and use a few for trade bait.

5. t4h2c0

t4h2c0 Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2007 Washington

I really dont mind that Inbev distributes different beers because the seem to be changing their overall business model in the past few years because of the quick rise of craft beer. They have been seeing approx a 3-5% decrease in overall beer sales while the craft beer has seen the exact opposite with 3-5% growth each year. Inbev has turned to distributing craft beer to make up for the lose. So every time you see a budweiser truck it is usually filled with less than 25% of other breweries beers. It kinda make sense since budweiser can be found in bottles/draft in every city in the US. We do need more independent beer distributors though to get some new/special beers to WA.
    With breweries like firestone walker and other greats Inbev is quick to try and distribute them because they know if they dont do it someone else will. I just the hope they bring the bourbon county stout to WA, that would really suck if they didnt.

Anyways back to OP, I had the Abyss on tap at Coopers last Wednesday and I was somewhat let down. It was pretty good but not as good as past version and taste like it will not age the best but I do have one bottle I will give a year.

libbey likes this.
  6. ckobes

ckobes Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2012 Illinois

Any word of Abyss in bottle shops around Tigard?

7. John_M

John_M Grand High Pooh-Bah (6,275) Oct 25, 2003 Washington
    Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Did you check the Bridgeport Whole Foods? I would think that would be your best bet. You might also call the Fred Meyer over in Tualitin (the one just off of Interstate 5), as I know they have an excellent wine selection.

Otherwise, John's Marketplace is just up the road a bit, and they'll certainly get some in. Good luck!

8. sanford_and_son

sanford_and_son Initiate (0) Jul 23, 2012 Washington

i would like to nominate 6-packs of the Abyss as a frontrunner for best idea ever :grinning:

libbey, BuckeyeOne and cavemanlawyer like this.
  9. punkhim

punkhim Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2011 Washington

Has anyone seen Abyss at QFCs or Fred Meyers in the Lynnwood or Mill Creek area? Our Kroger stores really seem to stink compared to Seattle. Thank heavens for Central Market, Special Brews, and Elliott Bay.

10. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2008 Washington

Cool story, bro. When others are scrambling to find even one bottle, you grabbed 10.

BrassHandles likes this.
  11. whiskey

whiskey Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2012 California

Maybe Abyss sits around in his part of the world and he's just saving gas money. Like I've said before, Abyss '11 was sitting around here until 2 months ago, it moves slow here. I picked a bunch of 2012 to send to other BA's that can't get it.

12. BrassHandles

They got two cases left. All you can eat.

13. BuckeyeOne

That's not the point. The point is that most people are posting about their frustration or are looking at where they might buy it. One guy posting he picked up 10 is, well, a cool story, bro.

BrassHandles likes this.
  14. BuckeyeOne

Help out your fellow BAs and let them know who "They" is.

BrassHandles likes this.
  15. kscaldef

kscaldef Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2010 Oregon

BrassHandles is in Vancouver. If this year is anything like last year, all of the Portland metro will be swimming in Abyss once it actually gets through the distro channels. I'm unclear how that will help you out in Seattle.

16. BrassHandles

BuckeyeOne likes this.
  17. BuckeyeOne

I don't need help. Just being a beer advocate.

BrassHandles likes this.
  18. mrunseen

mrunseen Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2006 Washington

I just got back from Wholefoods Westlake, they are out. They said they got their shipment in on Tuesday the 20th, which burns my ass, since I was in there Tuesday a little before 5 and was told they hadn't gotten any yet :stuck_out_tongue:. Oh well.

If any BA's know of a location around Seattle with a couple bottles, feel free to let me know. :slight_smile:

19. dirtylou

dirtylou Grand Pooh-Bah (3,266) May 12, 2005 Oklahoma
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Everywhere I went today was either out or never got any.

But as someone said, didn't this happen last year too? The first wave came and went and then a much larger 2nd shipment came in.

If not, guess I missed this.

20. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Initiate (0) Jul 18, 2012 Washington

Tacoma: Pint Defiance and TBoys for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.