1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

12 Days of Christmas – 2019 Style!

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Dave_Treat, Nov 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirhc3034

sirhc3034 Pundit (893) May 22, 2014 Texas
    Trader

Well, @mnbearsfan surprised me again as I heard the FedEx driver stop at my house. Box three arrived safe and sound...[​IMG]
    This one was full of some awesome extras and cool swag.
    [​IMG]

The hat is about to get used next week when we venture to Colorado. Super excited about the King Sue and and New Glarus is a fav of my wife’s. Thanks again @mnbearsfan !

2. Dicers

Dicers Grand Pooh-Bah (3,412) Sep 2, 2012 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Pics coming in a bit but spoiler alert..... Day 6 was another banger from @Bum4ever

3. tommyguz

tommyguz Initiate (0) May 14, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

@Dan_K with a delicious day 5 sour.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. tommyguz

tommyguz Initiate (0) May 14, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Well I thought I had the most rum forward beer ever but then @Dan_K did one better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Mikexw

Mikexw Pooh-Bah (2,180) Mar 3, 2014 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Today's wrapped beer from @Dad_of_Rad may be an easy one to figure out, but we'll see...

[​IMG]

-- The bottle cap tells me it's Central Waters.
    -- Benji told me all my wrapped beers are in the 12-15% ABV range, and implied similar styles (although this is obviously a BA stout)
    -- that quickly narrows it down to two options I can find on Beer Advocate -- either their 20th or 21st anniversary beers. And the 21st has cherries, which this doesn't, so I'm leaning 20th. But further research tells me there is also a base version of 21 which the guy who added it omitted an ABV for, so.... not sure yet
    -- this is definitely BBA, but I think there may be a second barrel, and while some of the variants have rum, most also include tart cherries which I do NOT detect here. If there was a version of XX or Twenty One aged in Bourbon and Rum barrels without anything else, that would be my guess.

Further research on untappd, Central Waters website, etc doesn't help a lot. So in the absence of much other info, I think I'm gonna guess this is the base version of CW 20th or 21st Anniversary...

6. Mikexw

Mikexw Pooh-Bah (2,180) Mar 3, 2014 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I probably shouldn't have bothered doing this as multiple posts, since I unwrapped this right after my prior post (plus all that "research" made me thirsty). But...

[​IMG]

Central Waters Twenty One it is. And in fairness to the guy who added it here, there's no ABV I could find on the bottle...

Thanks @Dad_of_Rad !

7. Swcreed013

Swcreed013 Zealot (531) May 14, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Sorry for the delay @Dicers, day 6. Small format can which I am thankful for. Got a bad cold and my liver wanted a small break. My promise to you Seth, no days off here, I’ll fight through it!

So this day came with a present . Opened the box and found a Wiley roots glass. Love this glass by the way, like this stemless style for beers.

[​IMG]
    Quick research on Untappd and Seth’s account I think this is going to be the Bottle logic colab, BA coconut and vanilla.

First smell and taste, oh yeah this is definitely Du Hast Cake. This beer is awesome. Coconut or vanilla gives the beer a really Creamy smoothness. Coconut dominates, awesome beer. Thanks @Dicers

[​IMG]

8. Dicers

Dicers Grand Pooh-Bah (3,412) Sep 2, 2012 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Day 6 was a day late because my father in law wanted to make our annual trip to HF and no way was I saying no, got home later than expected so today will be a two-fer

Poured blind for me once again
    [​IMG]

With a large format not really sure so I gave in and looked at the lid. Hmm Lost Abbey... I know of framboise de amarosa but this ain't it ... I feel like it must be a veritas but I'm not sure if any have raspberry. Maybe my palate sucks. Let's say veritas kriek

[​IMG]

Nope had no idea this beer existed. I've long been a fan of LA and love the DDG and older veritas I have had. This is delightful and was consumed while working remotely this afternoon. Another hit from @Bum4ever
    Nose is fruit either cherry or raspberry. Good funk but American funk.... But really good leaning raspberry but not positive

9. treznor

treznor Pooh-Bah (1,814) Dec 20, 2006 North Carolina
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Day 7 stout from @core42.

[​IMG]

Guessing Transient, tastes alot like the Kentuckely bottles I've opened in the last couple days.

[​IMG]

Transient Bring the Ruckley. Love me some rye barrel aged beer. Thanks Jeff!

10. core42

core42 Pooh-Bah (1,826) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Day 7 brings that familiar bottle shape & cap:
    [​IMG]
    Pours like Atrial but one sip tells me that this is grapes of some sort. I don't drink wine so I have no clue what this is
    [​IMG]
    I thought I kept up with JK but I've never heard of this one, new tick & tasty!
    Thanks @sirhc3034

11. PassMeAZima

PassMeAZima Maven (1,293) Jan 1, 2014 Kentucky
    Trader

Even though I told him not to send another box.....box 3 arrived today from @Dave_Treat treat And I can’t believe he knew my favorite wrapping paper was My Little Pony!! Thanks Dave! I figured I’d take my time on these, so I opened the rye while today’s beer is a chillin’. :sunglasses: #L4L
    [​IMG]

TheOneTC, ltjska04, Lazhal and 20 others like this.
  12. ninjembro

ninjembro Zealot (748) Jun 17, 2014 Maryland
    Trader

Day 4, sharing with @jdhowe since he's in town. Lots of barrel on the nose, taste of tons of vanilla. Not sure what it is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Blantons BA Neckbeard Nectar! This was super good. Thanks @JasonR1975 !!!!

13. smanson56

smanson56 Pooh-Bah (2,008) Feb 15, 2014 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Deactivated

Okay we're on to day #7 from @treznor. Looks the same as yesterday same Star Wars wrapping paper. 500ml bottle with the plain black cap. I'm thinking JWB again.
    [​IMG]
    Okay upon opening it pours a dark black color little to no head. Sweet smell to the nose, not sure what it is other than sweet.
    [​IMG]
    Okay as this warms a little I'm getting sweet maybe marshmallow, getting coconut and the bourbon barrel aging maybe some sort of spice in here? Okay on to the reveal. I searched a lot of JWB beers but gave up as there are so many.
    [​IMG]
    Okay here we are Brewery Royale from JWB. Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout with Coconut, Marshmallows, Coffee and Cinnamon. Well I got most of the adjuncts and gave up before I found the beer. Another great beer MIke! Much enjoyed!

TheOneTC, Lazhal, treznor and 20 others like this.
  14. blassor

blassor Pundit (956) Sep 2, 2010 New Jersey
    Trader

Opened day 7 while eating dinner before going out with my brother and his wife’s family for the night.
    [​IMG]
    This warmed me up really well! Delicious dark fruit. The cork shows it’s lost cause. Tasted like blackberry, black currant, and maybe cherry. And some vanilla sweetness from the adjunct or barrel.
    And the reveal!
    [​IMG]
    Drank it while eating some tomato pie.
    [​IMG]
    I was pretty close. The grape makes sense after the reveal. Deep complex flavors and nice balance from the oak. Definitely dessert level sweet but sooooo good. Thanks @Sassyshe888 - still crushing it.

15. ltjska04

ltjska04 Zealot (726) Jun 1, 2005 Kentucky

Based on tonight's beer being a can, the included glassware gift, and an earlier content hint in this thread, I'm guessing this is some version of Tree House Double Shot before even opening it.
    [​IMG]

The pour says I'm on the right track. Lots of coffee, no barrel. Maybe a hint of vanilla. Gonna guess Vanilla Bean Double Shot.

[​IMG]

Close, Espresso Double Shot! Wasn't aware of this variant but I am getting a lot of complex and fresh coffee. Love this style and beer, thanks a ton @TheOneTC!

TheOneTC, Lazhal, blassor and 22 others like this.
  16. Corriecrafts

Corriecrafts Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2014 Kentucky
    Trader

Hosting Christmas is always a bear. I love it that the kids dont have to go anywhere and can play with their toys all do but the prep work and cleaning up is for the birds! Sorry for the delay @Coorsy

Xmas beer:

[​IMG]

Poppin this and immediately hit with heavy bourbon with hints a dark chocolate. From the shape of the bottle I getting excited to solo some the piece! Taste was straight Marshmallow soaked in bourbon, dipped in chocolate fondue then back in more bourbon. From the Roast I'd say its FO or or force. But too mellow and balanced to be forced.

Boom boom

FO always a treat thanks C-Murder really enjoyed this!! @Coorsy
    [​IMG]

TheOneTC, Lazhal, blassor and 20 others like this.
  17. PassMeAZima

PassMeAZima Maven (1,293) Jan 1, 2014 Kentucky
    Trader

Day 7 from @Dave_Treat . Opened this one blind, but after cork removal it was apparent it’s from Cantillon. Pours a hazy purple/red. Nose is tons of funk, raspberry or cherry. I’m leaning raspberry. I’m a huge fan of RdG but this doesn’t seem to be that. But I’ve not had a recent vintage and this one is from 18/19. Reveal to come soon.
    [​IMG]

TheOneTC, Lazhal, blassor and 18 others like this.
  18. Syracuse12

Syracuse12 Initiate (0) Aug 21, 2012 New Jersey
    Trader

went out to dinner with the wife to a BYOB place so I asked @sj3324 if I could switch day 7 and 8 to save the high octane stuff for when I dont have to drive. He agreed so off we went with a Loon cap.

[​IMG]

Nath! A new Loon tick and it was a beautiful drinking lambic. it was so drinkable, great mouthfeel, fantastic beer.

Thanks for sending Seth!

TheOneTC, ltjska04, Lazhal and 25 others like this.
  19. Nichols33

Nichols33 Pooh-Bah (2,223) Apr 2, 2014 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Day 7 courtesy of @NJB145

[​IMG]
    Pours a dark dark red, lots of berry on the nose. Not familiar with this black bottle. I let it sit a bit and I’m picking up blackberries maybe? It’s sweet and not tart at all. Reminds me of New Glarus fruited stuff. Very tasty. No idea what it is but I’m enjoying.

[​IMG]

Arclight Soursmith Black Raspberry

I think I’ve seen 1 or 2 of these on this thread, should have filed that in memory bank.

thanks Nate

TheOneTC, Lazhal, blassor and 23 others like this.
  20. Corriecrafts

Corriecrafts Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2014 Kentucky
    Trader

Day 4

Today's brew. Couldn't wait to get this one poppin. Been working and kids sports everyDay been consuming much of our lives. After my boys championship win for my 11 yr old who drop 11, came home to a tasty treat. Tons of toffee and cocoa on the nose. Taste is great with a good mouth feel how I like my darker water.
    [​IMG]

Thanks @Coorsy killin it thus far sadden this ends with two beers remaining.
    [​IMG]

Nanaimo by Trillium. Looking and found the gramcracker in this. Trillium stouts are so underrated imo love this as a dessert. Glad to get more dark water from Trill. Thanks C

TheOneTC, Nichols33, Lazhal and 22 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.