Trillium Brewing Company (2020)

Discussion in 'New England' started by SnugTeam6, Jan 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoutElk_92

StoutElk_92 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,781) Oct 30, 2015 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Hmmm, I like the black and gold label but the beer doesn’t seem too different. I expect fresh bourbon barrel taste, but the original was already bourbon and red wine barrel aged I thought. Was hoping for a stout or clean beer like Barleywine or strong ale at least, but their cuvée is one of my favorites, almost like a good natural Cabernet red wine. I am a bit surprised that the 4pk didn’t seem to make it on time. I wonder if they halted all production and/or canning.

With the port barrel stout coming out I was hoping for a port and bourbon barrel aged stout, or something similar. A bit of an upset, but the rumors here were the second bottle was cuvée.

2. BAllen88

BAllen88 Initiate (0) Oct 23, 2019 Massachusetts
    Trader

Very pleased it’s not a stout, now I can feel quite pleased about not buying a ticket.

3. YourDigitalGrave

YourDigitalGrave Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2019 Massachusetts

This might be a dumb question but what is the difference between a cuvée of wild ales aged in wine and bourbon barrels and a barley wine aged in wine and bourbon barrels?

4. StoutElk_92

StoutElk_92 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,781) Oct 30, 2015 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

The wild ale should have wild or sour yeast, and a typical Barleywine would be a malty strong ale that isn’t sour. A cuvée is usually a blend of beers, sometimes the best barrels from a batch.

I’m wondering what the difference is between a wild ale cuvée aged in red wine and bourbon barrels, and a wild ale cuvée aged in red wine and bourbon barrels, and then aged again in fresh bourbon barrels. Obviously fresh bourbon and those notes would be expected, just doesn’t seem like a hugely different beer here.

#304 StoutElk_92, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  5. forum8417

forum8417 Zealot (679) Feb 1, 2011 New Jersey
    Trader

So you were one of the people there and your calling everyone else irresponsible? lolwut?

6. cdinardo21

cdinardo21 Pundit (828) Oct 29, 2019 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I was as confused as you are. Reminds me of my parents telling me to do as they say, not as they do. What a wild time.

forum8417 likes this.
  7. Sheppard

Sheppard Grand Pooh-Bah (3,282) Mar 16, 2013 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I don't know what SnugTeam's situation was but I imagine they were getting stuff to go and leaving versus hanging around and potentially increasing the number of people who can get exposed to the virus. There is a distinction between those two scenarios. If they were doing the latter, yes, they should be ridiculed and mocked for it. The former isn't ideal either, but we still have to make do in this cautious era.

8. SnugTeam6

SnugTeam6 Devotee (363) Apr 7, 2014 Massachusetts

Yeah to be clear, I got my food from the Wegmans by Canton, then did the online order pickup from Trillium. I've barely left my house since, except to walk my dog or get toilet paper or takeout.

I got curbside takeout from my favorite local Italian restaurant down the street and tipped them extra. Support your local businesses through delivery and takeout!

Sheppard likes this.
  9. bruindre

bruindre Maven (1,283) Jun 20, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

10. Piels25

Piels25 Savant (1,010) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Read the fine print in the email. Minimum order: 2 cases. Pass.

11. bruindre

Trader

[​IMG]

12. bruindre

Trader

Even if I wanted to, I’m out.
    [​IMG]

13. Justin42

Justin42 Initiate (0) Apr 3, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

That's... a lot, esp. for a product that doesn't have an indefinite shelf life. I'd be fine paying a delivery fee for 1 case, free delivery for 2 or more?

14. YourDigitalGrave

Right? Plus, it's not like you can throw a party.

bruindre likes this.
  15. YourDigitalGrave

Sign for the order? Fat chance.

[​IMG]

16. Mr_Kreusen

Mr_Kreusen Initiate (124) Oct 4, 2015 Massachusetts

It is still a nice service that would reduce buyers effort a lot. If you split it with one or two neighbors it could really work out.

17. BAllen88

Trader

It’s felt like trillium has been a step behind at every stage of this. Granted it’s uncharted territory, but it seems like every first attempt to adapt to these times has fallen flat. They cancel the anniversary event but say you can still get your beer fix at the bar (and they offer a super restrictive window for pickup for special beers, again, creating crowds rather than dispersing). Their next announcement is to move to plastic cups only and credit only...with no changes to pickup window. Then they finally relent and shutdown taps, and extend the pickup window. Feels like the same cadence with this delivery. Just temporarily partner with drizzly or show some local beer shops some love. Or just don’t deliver. 2 cases....

bruindre likes this.
  18. BAllen88

Trader

Mmmm yes, yes this is good. Or maybe throw a party with all that beer. Let’s incentivize people to make choices that bring them into contact with others. More contact.

sorry rant off. Not directed to you, it just feels like their response has been so sloppy and transparently self serving. Woof

19. BRYeleJR

BRYeleJR Pundit (995) May 18, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

I mean, this is the same brewery that ran a "Spend $1,000 on gift cards and get a $100 gift card" promotion.

Agree free shipping over $200 and delivery fee under it makes a lot of sense...

20. Piels25

Piels25 Savant (1,010) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

And apparently the delivery region will be changing day to day. :facepalm emoji:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.